collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So....strange noises from the sun?  (Read 1224 times)

Wadatsumi

• Trade Count: (0)
So....strange noises from the sun?
« on: September 14, 2013, 02:28:46 PM »
Well, after stumbling across it, I am just asking if you believe this comes all from the sun? I surely think this is the truth, but what about the animals? It is very interesting to think abaout how dolphins and birds may be influenced by the sun.

Of one thing I'm certain - I'd be so afraid, cause these noises are so creepy.... >_<

Have you experienced some of these phenomenas yourself?

The same thing was reported from many different places all over the world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHi6LjKuNl4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuOahHomJTQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBATv034SN8

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: So....strange noises from the sun?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 02:31:51 PM »
I think there's an ep of Doctor Who that addresses that...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 07:38:09 PM »
i still think it's some random person or persons blaring creepy noises from different places ...
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Tenar

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 07:54:25 PM »
This was explained when it was first posted to reddit

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/strange-sounds-in-terrace-b-c-spark-stranger-theories-1.1374238
"On Friday afternoon city spokesperson Alisa Thompson said she had a simpler explanation — it was a city worker grinding down the blade on a grader.   

"The grader blade needed to be straightened. Kind of gets ground down, and it makes a very strange noise. It's as simple as that," said Thompson."

Here's the origional reddit post
http://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/1lemq3/strange_apocalyptic_sounds_heard_by_entire_town/

I'd say at least it for sure sounds like metal on metal
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 07:59:13 PM by Tenar »

Wadatsumi

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 01:43:39 AM »
so why is this then heard over many different areas on our planet? same plot as with the crop circles? it is a fact though that the suns activity intensed in the last years - is it so fantastic that the lightparticles between litos- and stratosphere could create noises? it is a given that light has unique physical characteristics (water too, but it isn't so awesome)  :)

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 06:48:46 AM »
Hmm.  I don't know what to think about it.  I'm a big-time skeptic.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline kamakazee82

• HesheR
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • ... i saw a mouse ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 08:58:26 AM »
... it's not light ... or why isn't it heard EVERYWHERE on the planet ...

... it happened one place ... creeped people out ... jerkfaces on the internet thought it was funny, recorded the sound to play really loudly from some obscure location around them and it's spreading like that stupid viral junk spreads ... so yeah at some places it's explainable as a really random actual event (straightening/sharpening a grinder) and then idiots thought it was funny to freak people out and ran with it all over the world ...

... if it was light, again why does it not happen EVERYWHERE ... why the sudden start/stop ... why do some places report it at night ... etc etc so on and so forth ...

... its jerks being jerks to amuse themselves ...

... as for animals being affected by the sun ... we all are, plants/animals (humans included) ... but it's more light/warmth/energy based than 'ooooooh creepy noises compel me ..." ... animals use the sun (and other things like magnetic poles) to help them migrate at the correct times ... plants use the sun to grow/blossom/go dormant at the correct times (as well as temperatures) ... the sun doesn't 'speak to them' and literally tell them what to do ... and animals will spook and act strangely at the advent of any unusual sound ... look at the people freaking out over a sound ... a SOUND ... *facepalm* ... from some bored jerks who get a kick out of freaking people out ...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 09:04:08 AM by kamakazee82 »
"Doth mother know you weareth her drapes?"

Taeyang and MLP are my drugs of choice ... that and the mountain dew flowing through my veins ... LIKE RADIOACTIVE RUBBER PANTS!

Tenar

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 09:26:36 AM »
so why is this then heard over many different areas on our planet? same plot as with the crop circles? it is a fact though that the suns activity intensed in the last years - is it so fantastic that the lightparticles between litos- and stratosphere could create noises? it is a given that light has unique physical characteristics (water too, but it isn't so awesome)  :)

It can be heard in different areas because they are probably also doing the same type of work where they are grinding metal on Metal.  In this BC town there are lots of hills / mountains for the sound to echo and it's likely the case else ware.

If you ever listen to a car with very bad breaks or listen to a dryer with a bearing that's going the sound is similar, just way more amplified.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 10:48:59 AM »
Looks like its been explained, though if you didn't know, I can see possibly being freaked out

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 01:36:13 PM »
I've heard the explanation that it's the metal in the earth's crust beneath us just shifting around, but I don't know if that phenomenon would create any kind of sound. 
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 02:18:09 PM »
I know I would freak out if I heard that noise.  :shocked: Im almost getting scared just by that video, but Im easily scared by this stuff.. :P

Offline Dainty

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SHS collector ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 07:10:24 AM »
I saw that too- but it's definitely the grader. Once I heard that and listened to it again it was pretty obvious!
There's no way it would be sounds from the sun or the crust or anything. When you hear something like this that sounds so creepy you might want to think its something more supernatural or with a not common explanation but the explanation they gave does make sense!! :3

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 07:12:48 AM »
I guess the sun's got a bad case of GAS.

I kill myself.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 08:09:03 AM »
Never heard of such a thing before, but admittedly I rarely pay attention to anything that isn't pink or sparkly. :silly:

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 10:10:39 AM »
The two suns is a rare light phenomena, and the others... well, I agree with what others have said in the thread.

Nature is weird, the universe is weird, and in whatever extent deities exist, they're weird, and we will never fully understand them anyway. Just because something unusual happens doesn't mean the world is ending! We've lived past every end of the world, including 12/12/12, so I think we can handle a bit of, like Rozen said, "sun GAS"...
(seriously, you crack me up XD)

:)

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal