collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: avoid millionaire-executive on ebay!! UPDATE LAST POST!!  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: avoid millionaire-executive on ebay!!
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 02:43:11 PM »
They were rude as heck, but acting first like you said really didn't help the situation, nor was your feedback in any danger. They definitely deserve a star ding for communication, but leaving feedback before the product's even arrived is not good buyer behavior either.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2013, 02:54:49 PM »
Please do not take this the wrong way, but the problem I have with this is that the seller does not have to agree to wait for payment. When you bid you entered into a contract that goes by the sellers terms, not the buyers. If you were going away perhaps you should not have bid expecting the seller to wait without confirmation that she would in fact wait. Although she was very rude she was within her right to open a case or even to email to ask you where payment was. So I guess I am missing the point on why a neutral was left before the item has even reached you. It is not the sellers problem you were not able to make payment within her time frame because you were away. Nor does she have to agree to giving you an extension on payment. If she states three days, seven days, etc. then that is when payment is due.

I also believe her rude email stemmed from being left a neutral for something that was not her problem. I am not saying it is right but imagine how you would have felt if you logged into your account and saw a neutral for something you haven't even mailed out yet. I am just saying look at from the sellers point of view.  ;)
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2013, 02:57:36 PM »
Sorry to hear you had a rough time with your seller!  I would also like to know if she replied to your original message where you asked if you could pay later?

I do not condone her aggressive responses, but sellers do specify a payment time frame for a reason.  You cannot walk into a store and put anything on "hold" without some type of down payment and interest involved.

If she never said it was okay, then she may feel justified in her responses.  I do think she should have handled herself far better.  Perhaps she could have canceled the sale or something if she did not like to wait for the payment.

If I were in your shoes, I would not reciprocate her aggression by opening a case too soon.  Give it some time and see if your items arrive.

She may have upset you, but that does not make her a dishonest or untrustworthy seller.

There have been a TON of time-wasters on eBay lately.  And to a seller, that Non-Payer, is exactly the same as waking up and checking your bank to find that you are 50 GBP richer, only to see it disappear when you go into the bank to withdraw it.  It can be very disheartening...

I wanted to add that I also agree with Ponylady.  We all need to think about the other person's point of view from time to time.  If you did leave a neutral before you even got the item, that was probably extremely hurtful to your seller.  Buyers are very fortunate that they cannot receive negative or neutral feedback.  I think when the possibility existed on both ends, there was more incentive to work things out because both parties stood to lose reputation.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 03:04:15 PM by Stormy31685 »

Offline court2882

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2013, 04:48:19 PM »
I also have to agree with Ponylady and Stormy.  I think we all agree that her message was rude and inappropriate.  Though many people are willing to be patient and wait those few extra days for payment, eBay's policy is 4 days and sellers are often 3 days.  Just sending someone an e-mail doesn't give you the right to change the terms of the payment.  You should have messaged before buying to ask if that is ok. As a seller on ebay, a lot of people start off with excuse after excuse as to why they need to pay late, and to be honest, it is really hard to believe any one these days.  I feel bad for you that this person said that to you and negative comments in your feedback sucks, but it was harsh to leave neutral feedback for someone for a term that you unilaterally changed, and without receiving the item.

Offline LittleKirara

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
  • Professional Weasel Whisperer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2013, 05:08:31 PM »
I agree with Pony Lady, you should have made sure that she was okay with waiting because most sellers are not okay with that and you are lucky she didn't open a case against you. AND while it was NOT okay for her to send you that kind of response (because racist comments are NOT okay regardless of the situation) I would be angry too if you had dinged my feedback because I didn't bend the rules for you, especially since you haven't even received the item (in fact that might even be against ebays rules). I understand you were upset but if I were you I would go back and change your rating if you can once you get your item and only ding down her communication.
   :heart:.:AQHA For Life:.:heart:

Offline tornadoe

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 12:09:39 AM »
good grief!. I didn't plan to be late with payment. The first invoice for a dvd was $54. I asked why and next day it was for $44. Eventually it was for $14 and I agreed to pay. By then it was tuesday eveniong and I was going to ponycon. I emailed and told her I would be away and I deliberatly missed 5 trains to wait for her email that never arrived!

even with a bank holiday you can still look up the cost of shipping online and this she clearly did not do. She wasted time, tried to get money from shipping and ignored my emails. I didn't know sellers couldn't leave feedback so I made my move and I'm glad I did judging by her reaction and the way she is treating this other buyer.

I should not be having to explain this here. If you want to risk trading with her then go a head but don't say I didn't warn you
Let your heart guide you. It whispers so listen cloesly..

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2013, 04:18:53 AM »
good grief!. I didn't plan to be late with payment. The first invoice for a dvd was $54. I asked why and next day it was for $44. Eventually it was for $14 and I agreed to pay. By then it was tuesday eveniong and I was going to ponycon. I emailed and told her I would be away and I deliberatly missed 5 trains to wait for her email that never arrived!

even with a bank holiday you can still look up the cost of shipping online and this she clearly did not do. She wasted time, tried to get money from shipping and ignored my emails. I didn't know sellers couldn't leave feedback so I made my move and I'm glad I did judging by her reaction and the way she is treating this other buyer.

I should not be having to explain this here. If you want to risk trading with her then go a head but don't say I didn't warn you

Please don't feel like you are being attacked.  The purpose was just to help you and others reading not immediately jump to fight with someone.  Just as this seller may have a sour taste in her mouth over non-paying buyers, you may also develop a sour taste for sellers and treat a GOOD seller poorly in the future.  It is about seeing both sides.

That can be upsetting about the shipping.  Was the shipping price stated in the listing when you made the purchase?

Offline court2882

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2013, 06:59:57 AM »
The information that you put into that last message puts forward a completely different picture than your original explanation.  To me it sounded like right away you sent a message that you couldn't pay right away and there was no mention of the ridiculous quote for shipping. 

As an aside, Canada Post online is often quite wrong from the correct shipping cost, I have a lot of problems with it and I definitely lose money from some of the quotes that it gives me versus the cost I pay at the post office.  Our postage system is beyond awful and expensive for how terrible it is.

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2013, 07:22:06 AM »
The information that you put into that last message puts forward a completely different picture than your original explanation.  To me it sounded like right away you sent a message that you couldn't pay right away and there was no mention of the ridiculous quote for shipping. 

As an aside, Canada Post online is often quite wrong from the correct shipping cost, I have a lot of problems with it and I definitely lose money from some of the quotes that it gives me versus the cost I pay at the post office.  Our postage system is beyond awful and expensive for how terrible it is.

I will agree that the second explanation makes a lot more sense and I can see where the OP is coming from. The sellers messages were quite rude especially with the racist comments. I do understand why people believe that feedback should've been left after the item was received as opposed to being left based on communication.

I personally just had an experience with a Canadian seller who I purchased 2 items from, put in an offer on a third and sent them a message stating that I had already purchased 2 items, and that once they decide whether to accept or decline my offer, I would like my shipping costs updated to reflect the combined shipping discount. That was on Thursday, they declined my offer but didn't update my shipping costs. So I requested the total yet again, this time waiting 24 hrs, no response, so I just paid. (I hate leaving auctions unpaid, it really bothers me, I always pay right away). Even more so I don't like when sellers never respond, which after looking at the sellers feedback, although they have very few negatives and neutrals, others have commented about their lack of communication.

Just thought I would share my most recent experience with a seller and poor communication.

As far as Canada Post is concerned, I've never had any problems between online quotes and actual cost, aside from pricing shipping for ebay sales and using one generic quote Canada wide, and my buyer ends up being from somewhere in Canada where shipping is 2x as much (that's only happened twice though). Otherwise the shipping rates I've gotten have always been accurate give or take a dollar.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2013, 09:04:18 AM »

Thank you for the clarification. Perhaps if you had stated what had actually happened from the beginning you would not have received the advice you did pertaining to your unwarranted feedback. Just a suggestion  ;)

Also please keep this on topic. Thank you.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline tornadoe

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2013, 12:27:26 PM »
I am autistic and have a had time explaining things sometimes but I have tried to give an acurat representation of what has happend. This has been a rather tense time for me

I never thought it would take so long to sort shipping. But as she took so long in sorting it that I had to email her..

I believe I did the right thing. She has  already gotten her first negative and she called them a liar and left misleading feedback. She has now done this twice and that is not the sign of a competent trader.

I am an honest person with good intentions and I feel I have done nothing wrong. I protected my feedback and showed a seller for the bully that they are.

I am so glad that I use ebay less and less now a days.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 12:39:47 PM by tornadoe »

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2013, 12:33:42 PM »
Nope, just saying that if you had said from the beginning that you had spoken to her about payment arrangements, thus me asking originally then I do not think there would be any misunderstanding about the chain of events.

There are always two sides to story so it is always best to give accurate accounts of what happened.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2013, 12:53:08 PM »
Are you saying I deliberatly was untruthful?

I don't see anyone here saying you were untruthful. Simply that it helps to detail as much as possible when asking for advice or providing information. I know from having followed this thread from the start that the only way you will get accurate advice and have members understand both sides of a situation is if everything is detailed in the first post. And I think thats all members were saying - the more information the better.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline tornadoe

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2013, 01:12:25 PM »
She is no longer a regisated user. I am guessing that is due to the many feedback volations she made.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 03:30:47 AM by tornadoe »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal