collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: To the doll collecters- instead of Equestria Girls  (Read 4665 times)

Offline Elisto

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: To the doll collecters- instead of Equestria Girls
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 04:07:06 PM »
Fair enough, but at the same time, EqG isn't going anywhere either.

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2013, 04:07:44 PM »
Did you SEE the "revamp" of Rainbow Brite? I'm sorry, but ... no. I grew up with the original and to take away ALL of the other Color Kids but Tickled Pink, Rainbow Brite and Stormy... Seemed to kill a little bit of my heart (not to mention childhood, lol).

While I agree revamps can be cool... I'd prefer if the revamp STAYED with the original.

Post Merge: August 31, 2013, 04:09:02 PM

Rainbow brite.

There was a new one a few years back. The Color Kids no longer existed, lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2013, 04:09:20 PM »
Did you SEE the "revamp" of Rainbow Brite? I'm sorry, but ... no. I grew up with the original and to take away ALL of the other Color Kids but Tickled Pink, Rainbow Brite and Stormy... Seemed to kill a little bit of my heart (not to mention childhood, lol).

While I agree revamps can be cool... I'd prefer if the revamp STAYED with the original.

I agree with this.  I love my original Rainbow Brite dolls, and I liked the G2 revamp that looked very similar to the originals, but I didn't like the 25th anniversary versions at all.  The only things I were remotely tempted by were the horses.

pineapple

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2013, 04:33:06 PM »

Post Merge: August 31, 2013, 04:09:02 PM

Rainbow brite.

There was a new one a few years back. The Color Kids no longer existed, lol.

I've streamed the webisodes, they're pretty dire!

Offline Firehooves

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • G1 is magic, FiM is tragic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2013, 06:49:28 PM »
All right, the 'ick' was a bit out of place -_-. If you want to know why I said that, see the 'g5 expectations' thread. It was more directed towards the disturbing ideas there (which are hilarious) that the EQ doll line itself.

Yes, I do question why the two previous lines weren't considered. The revivals of the boys nostalgia properties have been ridiclously suscsessful, so why must everything but MLP languish? And I do think Moondreamers could be properly updated- look at winx club and monster high- monsters magic and fairy tales will still sell dolls it seems. Just a visual re-design to make them a bit more modern.

The firehooves family; Tornado, Twilight, Ember and Drummer
my G1/MLP Tales/G3/G4 fanfics-
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3280710/FireHoof
My tumblr: http://tornadofirehoovesuniverse.tumblr.com/

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2013, 07:03:58 PM »
I saw the EQG Dolls at both Target and Walmart. I honestly wasn't impressed enough to get either the basic or deluxe.. In fact I skipped over the basic for a Pinkie Cooper doll basic... why? Because for the same price pretty much I get a doll that has more articulation than the basic EQG doll... and I refuse to pay $21 for the deluxe x:

Mostly what put me off was the face styles and the fact they have no actual feet... Our stores are limited so I had to look at the fact that if I lose the shoes for the EQG dolls for some odd reason I'm out of luck because I don't by Bratz and I didn't see any extra Bratz items laying around at the store... So yeah there is a bunch of pros/cons for me for the EQGs... mostly cons in my book...

As for another doll line... eh I'm not a big doll collector as I've stated in other post so really I wouldn't care..
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline MoonShadow

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Youtube!
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2013, 07:36:04 PM »
I am not a doll collector, but as soon as I saw the concept of Equestria Girls, my first thought was, "Why not Jem?" 

I am really surprised Hasbro didn't go the Jem route a few years ago.  They could have easily piggy-backed off the the success of Hannah Montana. 

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2013, 07:39:43 PM »
Or rather "EqG dolls are ugly, the thread, #7"

I'm sorry. But it feels that way. I wish the negativity was condensed into one thread so I could avoid it.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2013, 08:03:37 PM »
Personally I'm just stating what I though, negative or not :P For me it is all personal opinion, lol
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline Sapphire-Light

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sapphire-light.deviantart.com/
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2013, 08:04:16 PM »
Well it appears that wit EQG you  love them or you dislike them  :blink: (this issue is  getting almost like the grey pegasus problem)

As for me I don't like the boots and the lack of nose, and the expressions they have, maybe later we could see dolls wit better faces.

Anyways Moondreamers could have awesome option, Novistars ha a very similar theming. I don't like too mush the big head, no nose and tiny body  on Novi but for the rest they are very interesting.

A Jem revamp could be cool too.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2013, 08:05:16 PM »
Personally I'm just stating what I though, negative or not :P For me it is all personal opinion, lol
You stated your piece in a respectful way. :) I got the sense of "I don't personally like this line" vs. the implied "ew why would you like this" in others' posts (not calling out anyone in particular, just a running theme in these threads).

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline happycootie

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • G1 collector & animal lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2013, 08:08:52 PM »
While I think Moondreamers were totally cute, what I personally would like to see is a new doll line that looks different than Barbie and Bratz. Something new and original! I liked the monster aspect of Monster High but that style has already been around for a while.

One thing I liked about G1 and early G3 ponies is that there was so much variety. I'd love to see a doll line like that!  ^.^ Also, little girls love to have dolls that they can relate to. More choices = more happy kids!

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2013, 08:23:26 PM »
Or rather "EqG dolls are ugly, the thread, #7"

I'm sorry. But it feels that way. I wish the negativity was condensed into one thread so I could avoid it.

People just have different opinions about the dolls. Luckily, the opinions and thoughts we post here have nothing to do with what Hasbro does or doesn't do, so EQ Dolls are in no danger of disappearing over a few threads where people don't like them. :)

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2013, 08:23:58 PM »
I'm honestly very surprised Jem hasn't been rebooted yet, and I hope it does get a reboot someday! This line remains extremely popular with a cult fanbase even today, and unlike MLP it hasn't gotten a reboot every decade or so. Yet people still stay devoted! Do you know there are entire conventions SOLELY devoted to the cartoon Jem? I couldn't believe it when I found this out! I've never seen a convention devoted to just one cartoon, as opposed to a genre or a community of different types of fans (except Bronycon I guess, but Jemcon has been around a lot longer than MLP FiM).

This November, Jemcon is coming to Maine for the first time, and I'm totally going to go! I wasn't a huge fan of the show as a kid (I only played with ponies and Care Bears, no icky humans in MY playroom lol). But now as an adult I watch the old episodes and I love it because it's soooo 80's lol. Reminds me of younger days. :)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2013, 08:50:58 PM »
I'd love to see a revamp of Moondreamers :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal