collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: USPS scanned my packages wrong, can't be tracked (was I'm so angry with USPS...)  (Read 880 times)

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I sold a non-pony item on ebay this week and it's already lost in the mail!  The post office picked it up yesterday and the tracking says it was delivered less than 20 minutes later in the same town...the item is going to another state!  Now my buyer is upset and I don't know what to do...I can't talk with an actual person by calling USPS without getting stuck in the same stupid automated menu!

I'm so upset and mad that I'm in tears right now and I'm worried that this is going to destroy my ebay feedback...
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 04:18:34 PM by Dewprincess »

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
Re: I'm so angry with USPS...
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2013, 03:29:52 PM »
Could it be that its just going to a processing center?
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Dewprincess

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2013, 03:34:27 PM »
I'd think that could be the case if it didn't actually say "delivered"...it looks like they've just dropped it off somewhere!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2013, 03:36:52 PM »
Oh.. That sucks! Maybe go to the post office?
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2013, 03:37:20 PM »
Items quite often get scanned incorrectly. Showing it is Delivered in X place where it is actually Acceptance, Processing, Departed, etc. I have had that with a few items and all arrived to me or to their destination without an issue. Hopefully that is the case. :huh: I would give it a bit more time though. :)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Dewprincess

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 03:40:46 PM »
I sure hope so...I've never seen this before and I have no idea what to tell my buyer.  I just checked another item (as I had two items picked up yesterday) and it says the same thing!

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 03:43:06 PM »
I am guessing someone forgot how to use their scanner. Heh.

I had an item coming to me from Phoenix. It was picked up in North Phoenix but was later "Out for Delivery" in...ghetto Phoenix. It actually was not though and arrived here in Wisconsin a couple days later, right on time.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Dewprincess

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 04:03:08 PM »
Well, good news and bad news...

I finally got in touch with an actual person through the customer service number.  He confirmed that the person who picked it up scanned the package incorrectly so now we know what happened.  The bad news is, since he scanned it as "delivered" when he should have scanned it as "accepted", the tracking shows delivery as completed and we can't find where the packages actually are at this point.  He did say that "most likely" it's going to the correct destination, but he's going to file a claim anyway so that someone will look in to it to at the very least make sure it gets where it's going and hopefully to fix the tracking as well.

I had two items actually going out to be picked up yesterday...one is an Arena sale and it is showing the same problem on tracking!! :(

Edit:  I spoke with my eBay buyer and basically copy/pasted what I posted here.  Luckily she seems to be pretty understanding about it so hopefully there will be no issues!  I also just PMed my Arena buyer and directed them to this thread.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 04:17:22 PM by Dewprincess »

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
I think that's the best idea right now Dewprincess - keep in touch with the buyers and allow for an acceptable window for delivery.

I have seen, heard and experienced similar things in the past so I am going to keep everything crossed and be confident the parcels reach your buyers :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Navi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
I've had tracking messed up too recently - saying it was delivered (to my house!) minutes after I print the postage.  I don't know if they're working on their software or what, but it seems a little messed up lately.

I've only had one buyer notice so far, and they were pretty confused, but I asked them to wait a couple days to see if it showed up, and it did. I don't know what's up with USPS right now :huh:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :heart: Minty! :heart:

Seeking Petite Ponies (trade/wish list)
Formerly known as navichan.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
I have had some issues with them also. I have had some items not even showing up and then its there at the house!

Offline Dewprincess

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
I received a phone call from the local postmaster today apologizing for what happened.  She said that they were able to find the packages and that one of them should have already arrived at its destination.  Hopefully that means the other will arrive where it needs to soon as well!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Yay! That sounds like great news :)
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Yes that is good news to hear!

from1981

• Trade Count: (0)
I've had problems tracking items won on eBay & mailed usps lately, and this week a pair of jeans I need for one of my Ken dolls  the tracking has it as delivered & it has not been delivered to me.I phoned the post office that our mail comes from & the clerk didn't wait for the tracking # though I had to call twice & was put on hold for 20 minutes, she found a white bubble bag which ended up being not the jeans, but some gold Barbie shoes I bought. The seller is defensive & is just showing the tracking info. Now , i'M out of phone minutes.Screwed over by the post office.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal