collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Good Hair Day  (Read 857 times)

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
Pony Good Hair Day
« on: August 29, 2013, 06:52:18 AM »
Hi there, I've been experimenting with hairstyles again so I thought I'd post a photo of Galaxy with her new hair do. She still needs a lot of work and has an interesting regrind problem  :biggrin: but hopefully her new do will make her feel better. I'm quite pleased with how this plait came out. I have found a trick to secure a 'do like this - cotton wrapped around and ends sewn in with a needle (hair wrap) as it is more secure and you can tie a ribbon on top, without losing the style. However, it can be pulled out easily. I also like hair wraps because they look like hair bands 'to scale'.

Please post if one of your ponies is having a good hair day!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 06:53:50 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Good Hair Day
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 07:03:49 AM »
She's looking cute today! :heart:

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 07:21:21 AM »
aww, i love her!! :) What a lovely plait, and it fits her so well ^^

For some reason, I always loved this girl's hair. She came to me like this and it looks so bouncy :) It's cool that even the tinsel is following the curves:

~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 07:54:09 AM »
Thank you Spotted Slug! I love your Twinkler, Vintergatan she is beautiful. I love the contrast of the tinsel with her golden colours :heart:
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline Aquarel

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Forever busy with stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 08:43:42 AM »
aww, i love her!! :) What a lovely plait, and it fits her so well ^^

For some reason, I always loved this girl's hair. She came to me like this and it looks so bouncy :) It's cool that even the tinsel is following the curves:

Ooh so pretty! I'm so in love the SHS ponies lately
Selling some ponies to pay for the vet bills of abandoned rabbits I adopted!
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,385086.msg1626364.html#msg1626364:frog:

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 08:49:04 AM »
I love Galaxy's hair!  Is it a french braid?
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 11:11:40 AM »
How pretty!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 11:17:45 AM »
Thanks for the nice comments! I hope some more people will join the makeover party in this thread =)

I love Galaxy's hair!  Is it a french braid?

Cheers! It's kinda like a French braid, I started with a small braid going from front to back and added more hair from the right each time. With a French braid you add hair from both sides at regular intervals depending on how thick the hair is.

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 11:31:28 AM »
I've got a desk buddy, a slightly grubby Italian Minty who was originally found by my mamma. On seeing this thread, she wanted a French braid of her own. Sadly, the owner of the desk has always had very short hair and is not gifted at styling. 

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 11:43:52 AM »
Thank you all for your compliments, Twinkler is feeling very special now :)

Also, in honour of this thread I had my mom make ME a french braid so I was going about town today with it :)
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 12:35:10 PM »
Galaxy looks lovely. I love this type of plait I do it on my cob all of the time to keep his mane know free when he has a bath. (except we call it an arab plait in the horse world) it makes his hair come out like a little stallion is so cute.

She is a custom that was destroyed, then I bought her and changed her again(only because I could not restore her to how she looked and I did find the original customiser who was ok with it). (she had a confusing life) but I had her hair a very tight version of that plait to crimp her hair

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 02:12:37 PM »
I've got a desk buddy, a slightly grubby Italian Minty who was originally found by my mamma. On seeing this thread, she wanted a French braid of her own. Sadly, the owner of the desk has always had very short hair and is not gifted at styling. 

Hey, that's not a bad job! And what a lovely pony! I hope I find some Nirvana ponies one day.

When you tie with just a ribbon it's hard to keep the plait neat. I have a picture of baby pictures with a hair wrap and no ribbon so you can see what I mean... it's really easy to do you just wrap the cotton around loads of times then pass the needle through a few times at the back to secure:

High Flier with small wrap:

@ Cyberunicorn: I don't understand the theme of your custom very well, I'm not good with the generations other than G1 But she is Very cool! Great hair! What's her name? What is her symbol? :frolic:

:biggrin:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 02:14:11 PM by Artemesia Floc »

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2013, 02:29:12 PM »

@ Cyberunicorn: I don't understand the theme of your custom very well, I'm not good with the generations other than G1 But she is Very cool! Great hair! What's her name? What is her symbol? :frolic:

:biggrin:

no theme, no name: what happened was I got about 5 or 6 "unfinished" customs for £0.75 off ebay.  I put up photos to find out who the original designers were and it turned out that most of them had being changed from their original design. So I managed to repair and work with one of the customisers who supplied new horn and wings for one of them and they are good as new now. (or as near as I could get anyway)

That poor girl was the worst of all she started life as a merpony but when I got her her tail was removed and she was just a head and front legs.  so I just happened to have a spare body from another bait lot (I do not know who it belonged to g3 is still foreign territory to me really) and also some of the same colour hair from another pony I was working on at the time.  I just put the head on the body and painted it green. She is not perfect and along way from how she looked originally but I could not bin such a good rehair job as that one has.

hope that makes sense.

baby_yoyo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 02:42:22 PM »
I had to straighten this ladies hair as it was beyond saving and it came out a treat

And here are some lovely curls!

Oh a G4 for good measure!

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2013, 02:52:00 PM »
no theme, no name: what happened was...

Yes that makes sense! Sounds like you own some very lucky ladies! I would never have guessed.

I had to straighten this ladies hair as it was beyond saving and it came out a treat...

It is a treat! It's lovely! What is her name? I'm not very good with the other generations. I love the G4 too, so sweet and perfect  ^.^ G4 are my favorite sculpts definately.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal