collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you ever wonder...  (Read 713 times)

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
Do you ever wonder...
« on: August 24, 2013, 09:26:10 PM »
what kind of life your ponies had before they came to you? Now that I'm getting ponies second hand, I find myself wondering what they've been through in their lifetimes. Especially the older gals and guys! I often wonder what lead to certain scuff marks, what made the little kid decide they looked better with a mohawk, and so on and so on. I'm not too picky with ponies, so the few older gen ones I do have definitely show a bit of play wear.

So what about you? Do you wonder what sort of adventures your pony went on before they ended up on your shelf?

hehe, sometimes I like to think that I'm running a pony retirement home~
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
Re: Do you ever wonder...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 09:31:23 PM »
I just posted up my Argie Bluebelle (AKA Cage Fighter Bluebelle) with a ton of marks and a mohawk in the Nirvana forum. She's the only one in my collection with serious damage (aside from my haircut to oblivion Baby Surprise.)

Judging by the fact I bought her off a middle-aged lady with a daughter about my age at a flea market, Cage Fighter and Baby Surprise were probably the daughter's childhood toys.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Duster reference]

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 12:16:21 AM »
I wonder all the time. What was the child like? How fond were they of the pony? Why is this damaged here and not there? How did they play with it? It always ends sadly with "why did they eventually give the pony up?"

It must be the writer in me, but I love to imagine different scenarios in regards to my ponies. That must also be why I actually am not bothered by many pony flaws- I find them endearing.

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2013, 12:28:08 AM »
Sometimes I do wonder! It gives them a bit of extra character I think! Especially if you were the kid who gave them the scuffs, chewed their ear off and decided mohawk and no tail was in style... lol

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 12:33:19 AM »
I totally do... like, my poor gals who have scuffed hoof edges, ears and sides - obviously they were outside, playing on the sidewalk or in the playground... (I say obviously, because, that's what I did with my ponies, haha!) - but there are some ponies where... I just cannot fathom what happened to them... You know, we've all seen the botched custom case, but I mean the ones with... disgusting mold, rust, cancer, sticky, smelly... ugh, I don't even /want/ to know. :lol:
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 12:47:44 AM »
You bet. One of my majors is cultural anthropology, so it comes with the territory. To ponder over who did my G1's belong to. Where did they live? What was their "family" like? What places did they travel to?

While making me wish, that my long gone childhood ponies. Are in good forever homes of their own. :)

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2013, 02:02:24 AM »
 it always makes me sad when i think of all the ponies in land fill or fading away in back gardens alone and unloved  :cry: xaflamex

Noepse

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2013, 03:11:19 AM »
I think haircuts and hooves with names under them are adorable and makes everyone of my darlings different from each other. ♥

It is really fun thinking about all of my ponies pasts! Especially my nirvanas, I mean how did an Italy Peachy end up in a flea market over here in Sweden?

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2013, 03:16:53 AM »
I think haircuts and hooves with names under them are adorable and makes everyone of my darlings different from each other. ♥

It is really fun thinking about all of my ponies pasts! Especially my nirvanas, I mean how did an Italy Peachy end up in a flea market over here in Sweden?

That is so funny! I know what you mean! I found a McDonald's Happy Meal Mexican/Argentinean Daisyjo at a flea market here in Virginia. Did someone have McDonald's while on vacation? Did someone move countries? Was it Mexico or Argentina? So many questions!! LOL  :lol:

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 08:23:00 AM »
LOL at random foreign ponies!!

I wish I could see a time laspe video from each of my ponies, shot through their eyes....I want so bad to see their journey to me-from being molded in the factory, getting packaged, tossed around in the mail from airplane to truck, to their trip to the store, all the people who picked up or walked by my pony while it was in shelves, to the day I took it home. With my pre-owned ponies the same thing too, and i always wonder what their previous owners were like and how they were really being  treated. My Cupcake and Blossomforth are from the same ebay seller, months apart from their purchase. I wonder if they were displayed right next to each other at one time on a shelf with their previous owner!? I pretend they are friends since they "know" each other!

This thread really makes me think of Toy Story! Btw they are apparently making a fourth!!! Anyways, omg if only ponies could talk....the stories they would tell!  LOL the international exclusives/nirvana coupd have accents! xD

Offline Moss

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Let it go~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 08:34:13 AM »
I wonder all the time. What was the child like? How fond were they of the pony? Why is this damaged here and not there? How did they play with it? It always ends sadly with "why did they eventually give the pony up?"

It must be the writer in me, but I love to imagine different scenarios in regards to my ponies. That must also be why I actually am not bothered by many pony flaws- I find them endearing.
I think about it the same way! I'd almost rather have a pony who looks played with than one who's pristine, just because it makes them more interesting to me. Sometimes I feel a little bad that my g4s went home with a collector rather than with a kid.
LOL at random foreign ponies!!

I wish I could see a time laspe video from each of my ponies, shot through their eyes....I want so bad to see their journey to me-from being molded in the factory, getting packaged, tossed around in the mail from airplane to truck, to their trip to the store, all the people who picked up or walked by my pony while it was in shelves, to the day I took it home. With my pre-owned ponies the same thing too, and i always wonder what their previous owners were like and how they were really being  treated. My Cupcake and Blossomforth are from the same ebay seller, months apart from their purchase. I wonder if they were displayed right next to each other at one time on a shelf with their previous owner!? I pretend they are friends since they "know" each other!

This thread really makes me think of Toy Story! Btw they are apparently making a fourth!!! Anyways, omg if only ponies could talk....the stories they would tell!  LOL the international exclusives/nirvana coupd have accents! xD
That'd be really neat!
Click here for MLP coupons --->
link
avatar from generalzoi's pony creator
formerly known as Mosspath!

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 09:15:19 AM »
Yes I often wonder about my ponies and dolls, what kind of "life" they had before coming to me and sometimes wish they could talk and tell me their whole story.

Offline partypony566

• Trade Count: (+197)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Just because
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2013, 09:17:48 AM »

Ditto :)
Thanks to SDS for my siggy and avi :heart:

please check out my Etsy shop Dollyhousevintage :heart:

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2013, 12:36:55 PM »
LOL the international exclusives/nirvana coupd have accents! xD

The closest thing I have to a nirvana (besides a mysterious Spanish fakie) is UK Snowflake, who lives right next to her cousin, US Powder. I really amuse myself by imagining her with a super fake Cockney accent, like the type that Americans tend to do when they try to speak in an English accent.

If you guys remember these "in denial" bumpers that MTV used to do around 2005, there was a "punk in denial." He says "Blimey! I really am from England! No, really, I am!" I imagine her talking like that. :lol:

Sandra

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 01:18:28 PM »
I'm like this too! Especially when I find a pony with initials underneath its feet. I recently stumbled upon a few ponies at a thrift store that were obviously played with a lot by their previous owner. They all had the initials "PO" written under their hooves. It makes me think about their histories with their former owners. What was this PO person like as a child? What kinds of things did they imagine with their ponies?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal