collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MY LITTLE PONY Fair 2014 Location Survey!  (Read 6916 times)

Offline TheBeatlesPkmnFan42

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Can buy, but cannot sell/trade
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: MY LITTLE PONY Fair 2014 Location Survey!
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2013, 06:39:22 PM »
Took the survey. Anyway, the only way I'd possibly be able to attend would be if it was in western Washington (Seattle, for example), and was not during the 4th of July, because my family always goes somewhere that day.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Snupps|MLP Discord server|Instagram

Online Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2013, 06:40:21 PM »
I am going to recommend California! Because our local big-name Brony convention, EquestriaLA, has announced a HIATUS for the year of 2014!! D: So we'll officially have no local big convention at all for this year! Hence, I feel like maybe there would be more people willing to come to the MLPFair, even if they weren't G1 or G3 fans? :) It's worth a shot!
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2013, 06:43:47 PM »
Yes, I love Big Fun!  ^.^ They have old My Little Pony stuff there. Also in the area is Jamie's Flea Market and next to it, a vintage toy store called Groovy Little Toy Store where I have purchased LOTS of G1 ponies.
I'm sure Cleveland area hotels, flights, and buses are cheaper than going to Vegas. JUST SAYIN'  :blush:

Oh and random, if anyone is ever in the Cleveland area, I urge you to go to Melt Bar & Grilled. HUGE GOURMET GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICHES STUFFED WITH ALL KINDS OF DELICIOUS THINGS. It's my favorite place to eat, and its getting pretty famous, having been on a couple different Food Network shows. IT IS HEAVENLY! :)

http://meltbarandgrilled.com/

http://bigfunbigfun.com/

http://www.jamiesfleamarket.com/

Since I'm going there next month for business, I've got to check out these stores! 

I stayed at an awesome Marriot just outside Cleveland that was great for a pony fair.

I like June dates better, because of hotel rates and flights. Of course, this year I didn't have to fly, which is nice. And if a hotel participates in a corporate barter program, sometimes we can get cheap hotel rooms too.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2013, 07:15:09 PM »
I took the survey!  I am in Saint Louis, MO so obviously I'd love for the Fair to come to my home town, but if that isn't an option, Indy was very nice.  The hotel was lovely and very affordable.  We had a lot of space for vendors and activities.   There were a ton of food options and stores nearby.  The drive was quick (as it was for many of us living in the Midwest) and the flights should have been easier for most people on either coast being that it is so centrally located. 

I think that the 4th of July weekend has it pros and cons.  Obviously air fare is more expensive and air travel is so much more difficult for people who have to fly.  It is a long weekend though, so it makes it easier for people to have that extra travel or recovery day before returning home/to work. 

I had a great time at the Fair this year and will happily try my hardest to make it to the future Fairs as well, wherever/whenever they may be.  :)

P.S.  I don't know if this was already mentioned, but do we have a time frame for when a venue/dates will be chosen?  We have to put our 2014 vacation requests in by November.  Thanks!
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2013, 09:44:38 PM »
Reading the comments almost any place sounds great (although my preference is on the east coast ;p).

I am now realizing the only thing I didn't put in the survey is that the only place I wouldn't want to go to is Vegas. I've had a lot of personal bad experience on business trips. (Its also expensive and not the kind of environment I picture for the fair. :P )

There should be a magical place that we could all get to in 2 hours by car :P
~Foxtale~

Offline Zargata

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • KABOOM!
    • View Profile
    • http://Ogrebattle.weebly.com
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2013, 11:03:54 PM »
One more vote for the West Coast!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2013, 11:46:44 PM »
If it wasn't an hour away from the nearest airport (albany, NY)..I would so recommend Lake George. It's a tourist haven in summer and there are a few hotels that are big enough to hold it in...

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline happycootie

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Colorswirl Pony
  • G1 collector & animal lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2013, 04:43:54 AM »

That would be nice. I think someone needs to figure out how to make portals so we all can jump though our pony cases and end up in a secret pony town!  :lol:

Online Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2013, 06:36:27 AM »
I vote for New York area (pref Buffalo/Niagara Falls) - something closer to Canada would be great.

I'd consider going down as far as the Augusta, Georgia area - because then I can pop in on a rabbit rescue friend, lol. But a trip that far might not be possible for us next year due to some other planned trips.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2013, 06:48:55 AM »
Seattle would be nice too.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2013, 06:56:48 AM »
Although I'm in the minority here, I would really love it if the Fair came to the east coast! :) I would love to show the pony friends some New England hospitality. Boston is a gorgeous city and we have beautiful summers here. ^_^
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2013, 07:07:28 AM »
Wow! Cleveland seems popular...considering some of the things I have heard about Ohio...are you guys sure you want to risk that?

*runs out of thread before ponylady catches her*
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2013, 07:38:30 AM »
Hathor, Ohio is one of the best places to live.  Maybe Cleveland isn't the best, i dont really care for the city, but the rest of the state is wonderful.  Ohio is a best kept secret.  I'd go to Ohio.  How about Youngstown?  It's a beautiful place.

You know why Glee takes place in Ohio?  They really do have awesome competitive Glee Clubs in the Ohio school systems. 

I'd also go to the Buffalo/Niagara area in a heartbeat.  Love that region!

I want to visit Vegas on vacation, but I agree with others in that it has too much other crazy stuff going on and would be bad for traffic. 

It would be nice to find a quiet town or city and not one that is too hectic.   

Has anyone said Amy of the oceanfront towns?  Myrtle Beach?  Charleston?  Savannah? 

Someone said Tennessee.  I'd go there too.  Gatlinberg!  Although Gatlinberg is a bit too congested and touristy too. 

I'm back to rooting for Buffalo/Niagara.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 07:41:11 AM by Marigold »

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2013, 07:41:57 AM »
^ Well, my absolute 1st choice would be to Salt Lake City, great "small" town with neat convention centers...(1.5 hr away!) but I just don't think it will happen,.. it's not close to much.

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2013, 08:24:08 AM »

That would be nice. I think someone needs to figure out how to make portals so we all can jump though our pony cases and end up in a secret pony town!  :lol:

Ponyville 2014!

I'd consider going anywhere that I can get a cheap flight to, that's not crazy hot (sorry, no Florida or Texas, no way, I have heat-related health issues), and that's not Vegas.  If it's more than 6 hour drive away from me I won't be getting a vendor table but I might try to attend.  The farthest south I'm willing to go is the upstate SC area...Charlotte NC, Greenville SC, Buford/Lawrenceville GA (my family lives in SC). 

I still think Cleveland would be an awesome spot though, or Youngstown, or Cincinnati :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal