collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MINTY is coming!  (Read 17790 times)

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
Re: MINTY is coming!
« Reply #195 on: August 25, 2013, 03:05:39 PM »
I have to buy a whole playset to get Minty???  Dang.... :(

I was thinking the same thing.  The set will probably be $50 too and as much as I want a G4 Minty I don't want to pay $50 just for the one pony I want.  Also, are the ponies in the package pearly type or is it just glare from the plastic?

I'm hoping if Minty finally makes an appearance now we may see her in other less expensive sets later on.

Its the glare from the plastic and the set is retailing at $30 CA so hopefully it will be around the same in US at the most.

Thanks very much. :)  Still though I'd rather not pay for all those ponies when I'd rather just have a certain one.  The same thing happened with the favorite friends or whatever it was with Nightmare Moon.  I just wanted Nightmare Moon but wasn't going to pay that much for the other ponies I didn't want.

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 25, 2013, 03:15:32 PM »
Yeah... sigh. Although $30 is way better price than I was expecting (maybe Hasbro realizes they need to drop the price if every pony except one is a re-issue?), that still means that even if I sell the other ponies in the set for $2 each (and even then I think I'm going to have a hard time finding a buyer for another RD and Rarity) Minty would still cost me $18. For one pony that's a bit much.

I'm starting to wonder if all new character brushables are going to be in sets from now on. :\

Look what we have coming out recently with new charas: this big set, the TRU fan favorites set, the CMC and friends set. What do we have coming out as singles? All Mane 6 and Sunset Shimmer, even the Through the Looking Glass singles.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 25, 2013, 03:26:33 PM »
Oh I am not denying its cheeky - its pretty blatant profit grabbing in fact. And while I understand Hasbro are corporate entity out to make money the fact they called the set "Midnight in Canterlot, Minty Collection" shows that they know exactly where and to who the set is going to appeal.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

ashlite

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #198 on: August 25, 2013, 04:04:27 PM »
Were there lots and lots of these sets, or just a few?  Wondering if Costco's distribution is more than TRU's, or Walmart.  More ponies sold = more ponies in the thrift store!

There were tonnes of them. In true Cosco fashion they had them all stacked up in boxes higher than I am tall. Whomever, wants to spend the $30 to get these ones shouldn't have any trouble.

Offline BrinnyTheBrave

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 25, 2013, 09:07:00 PM »
This reminds me of the Shine Bright Luna. The only way to get that Shine Bright Luna is if you feel like dropping $40 on the castle that comes with her. To this day it frustrates me. The Minty set is pretty much that set all over again.  :|

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 26, 2013, 04:58:52 AM »
At least with Shine Bright Luna, though, there were other ways to get the Luna character even if it wasn't the Shine Bright version...this is the only way we've seen to get any version of Minty so far :(

Offline reanna-mator

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Feminist novelist pony
    • View Profile
    • http://reannaking.deviantart.com
« Reply #201 on: August 26, 2013, 08:41:54 AM »
Blaaaargh. At this point I'm going to try to buy a single off eBay. It'll probably be cheaper! :( Hasbrooooo! *shakes fist* It's the same thing with the upcoming filly set; I really hope it's not the only way to get Twist and Silver Spoon! Maybe if they threw Star Dreams in there...
Breast cancer warrior.  :enraged: I'm now cancer free!

My Wishlist! Help me finish US G1! http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,386264.0.html

Offline BrinnyTheBrave

• Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 26, 2013, 10:45:14 AM »
At least with Shine Bright Luna, though, there were other ways to get the Luna character even if it wasn't the Shine Bright version...this is the only way we've seen to get any version of Minty so far :(

this is true

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 26, 2013, 11:28:44 AM »
$30 isn't bad :O Here's crossed fingers we might see the set over here sometime. Maybe £30ish? It being the first time NMM was sold here would give people an added incentive to buy it, too!

If not, I'll just grab Minty off Ebay. I'm giving up trying to import the official in-box releases as it's just getting too expensive =/
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 26, 2013, 12:44:23 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

well, technically...

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 26, 2013, 12:48:15 PM »
Okay, you got me!  We do at least have the blind bag Minty! :D

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 26, 2013, 01:11:58 PM »
Maybe I missed it, but has anyone seen this set in the US yet? I read that some are finding it at Costco in Canada but I haven't seen anyone post that it's been found in the US yet unless I missed it.

Ponyfan
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline Zombelina

• Scarily Ever After
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 26, 2013, 06:57:24 PM »
Were there lots and lots of these sets, or just a few?  Wondering if Costco's distribution is more than TRU's, or Walmart.  More ponies sold = more ponies in the thrift store!

There were tonnes of them. In true Cosco fashion they had them all stacked up in boxes higher than I am tall. Whomever, wants to spend the $30 to get these ones shouldn't have any trouble.

Do you have an item number or something from your receipt? I looked today at my Costco (Western Canada) and they'd redone their whole toy aisle, but no ponies and no spot for them, boo! The employee I talked to had no clue, but if I had an item number, I could keep calling XD
:heart: sales/trades ~ on hiatus :heart:

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #208 on: August 26, 2013, 08:16:17 PM »
i browsed the costco site and nothing there
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 26, 2013, 09:00:53 PM »
Blaaaargh. At this point I'm going to try to buy a single off eBay. It'll probably be cheaper! :( Hasbrooooo! *shakes fist* It's the same thing with the upcoming filly set; I really hope it's not the only way to get Twist and Silver Spoon! Maybe if they threw Star Dreams in there...

It does come with Star Dreams!

I will buy this ($30 or less would be awesome) but I also wish they were singles. I think Hasbro should put a max of 1 of the mane 6 in any collection they release. I am super glad they did release Minty! Yay for non-mane 6 brushables! I also may add this tinselly version of NMMoon to my Luna/NMM army. I may replace my other Celestia with this one an customize the first.

Is it from Costco the giant box store or is there a different store called Cosco in Canada?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal