collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MINTY is coming!  (Read 17779 times)

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
Re: MINTY is coming!
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2013, 08:24:45 PM »
For those who know the set will be expensive, why not set aside $5 every other week?
Then when you get the set, sell off the extras.

Selling them is easier said than done. Especially since everyone else who has been collecting and already has everyone except Minty will be doing exactly that. Recently the same thing happened with a Monster High set. Pretty much everyone wanted Gil, but the only way to get him (other than paying several hundred dollars on eBay) was in this 5 pack of dolls. Three of the five had already been released quite awhile ago, so pretty much everyone who wanted them had them already. So once the 5 pack came out, lots of people were trying to sell the other dolls from the set and even pricing them really low doesn't actually guarantee anyone will buy them. I can see the same thing happening with this set.
Exactly. Fluttershy, Rarity and Rainbow Dash aren't exactly gonna bring top dollar. Honeslty I'd feel lucky to sell them at $2 ea as bait  :huh:

Offline gabumon

• Daddy Sweet Celebrations
  • Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • mostly papercrafting
    • View Profile
    • Netroids
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2013, 08:29:38 PM »
Does it help to think of it as a $40 Minty figure, that's non-eBay / "guaranteed purchase"? (ie no risk that you won't get it) And then give the remainder pony's to charity or neighbors?

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2013, 08:37:29 PM »
or just keep the ponies mib  in their nice box and forget about seeing duplicates that way :) ! is what I'm doing :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2013, 08:49:41 PM »
I get that it's frustrating that the set will likely be expensive, but let's look at the positive.  :)  First, MINTY IS COMING.  Second, HASBRO ACTUALLY LISTENED TO US.  To US.  With that big "WITH MINTY" right on the front of the box.  Third, even if you can't afford the playset right away, you will be able to afford it eventually;  it's not like Minty will evaporate after the set is out of stores.  Just like you can save up money to buy rare-ish G1 or G2 ponies, you can save up the money to get Minty (if she is worth it to you).

I would rather have a mass-produced Minty that some of the community can afford than no mass-produced Minty at all.  Hasbro obviously had decided not to sell her as a single for whatever reason--maybe their prejudice against the color green.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Offline Clipper

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+122)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Clipper
    • View Profile
    • Clipper's Sail
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2013, 09:37:25 PM »
I actually have the new dewdrop dazzle.. She is a little darker then the original one.. that's the only difference. I know some has asked. Shes really pretty :D

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2013, 09:39:16 PM »
I've been failing to get a Fluttershy for some time, so if anyone wants to let this bring the prices down a bit, don't stop on my account. :)

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2013, 10:46:18 PM »
So glad I didn't panic over spicy Sunset Shimmer :P
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2013, 10:57:33 PM »
the sad part is they know they recycle alot of the other characters because people are still going to buy the set, just to get minty.
sorry if this was already said.

Binny

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2013, 10:57:44 PM »
I was just about to cave and get get her. Although she's probably cheaper single than in a set. :(

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2013, 10:59:58 PM »
I was just about to cave and get get her. Although she's probably cheaper single than in a set. :(
they actually have her out?
wow. guess my minty custom won't sell now. too bad. i thought she looked good too.

Offline BrinnyTheBrave

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2013, 11:11:52 PM »
Does anyone know the exact price of this set? Was it mentioned? I don't have a Nightmare Moon yet, and this set makes it all worth it for me including the Minty. I'm not fond of having more clones of the mane 6, but hey. Who said they can't be used as customs right? As said before, I also like how this Celestia is unique, in the sense that it's the first white Celestia where her shoes are actually painted.

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #146 on: August 21, 2013, 11:32:47 PM »
Nice... but again the same characters all the time and we'll end up with billions of Rainbow Dash's, Fluttershy's, Celestia's.... just to get that one NEW single pony .... blah.

I'm starting losing interest in the G4  :huh:

*and yah! I'm moaning*
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline Shy Violet

• Trade Count: (+18)
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 21, 2013, 11:36:08 PM »
I'm really excited for that Sunset Shimmer and Alicorn Twilight, especially since I don't have either of them yet. Also super happy for the hot air balloon set since I regret not buying the hot air balloon previously, it's super cute! I'm also very happy to see Minty getting an official release but I already have her and every other pony in the set so I will probably pass on it. I'll wait and see if there are any other differences with the other ponies to make it worth getting, I can always customize the duplicates.

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #148 on: August 21, 2013, 11:46:20 PM »
Nice... but again the same characters all the time and we'll end up with billions of Rainbow Dash's, Fluttershy's, Celestia's.... just to get that one NEW single pony .... blah.

I'm starting losing interest in the G4  :huh:

*and yah! I'm moaning*

same here.
I also wonder why they do that... I mean, Im a mother of a 9yo girl. She loves ponies and she would LOVE to have that Minty, but... honestly, if this set ever hits the shelves in Germany, it will cost a small fortune (Ponies are much more expensive in Europe compared to the US) and will I buy it for her? Certainly not, Id rather get her other toys for that lot of money, because she already has all other ponies from that set, plus the other doubles she was "forced" to get because they were included in other sets (three Pinkies, two RDs and so on...). And I guess thats what many other moms will think about it too. These big sets are so expensive, why buy doubles of toys a kid already has. Its just... ah well, theres no sense in ranting, theyll do it again and again. The only thing to prevent them (maybe) from giving just those big sets is not to buy them. So I wont buy. Even if I want that Minty myself.
Sure, if those ponies had special features, like for example the new FS Rarity we saw on TaoBao, Id buy maybe, but... those are just the same ponies again. :(

Try to imagine what would have happened if they included other brushables instead of RD, pinkie and such! Imagine Spitfire! Soarin! Random others that we already know as BB ponies! OH MY!!! I would have given my last for it... *sigh*

/rant
sorry... :(

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Blythe plastic surgeon =^-^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 22, 2013, 02:53:43 AM »
I'll be getting Minty off ebay I guess, well Celestia might be interesting since she looks better with the bits on her legs painted :).

I think I need that Twilight for sure <3 I'm glad I didn't get the princess pack with her then. But this probably means there's more  ponies I have to get sent from overseas :(. I do actually like buying ponies in person as well, even though they turn out to be cheaper even including postage from the US.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Blythe customising blog, commissions open: http://beesdreamland.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal