collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MINTY is coming!  (Read 17765 times)

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
Re: MINTY is coming!
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2013, 05:36:20 PM »
Well, good, this means I can keep my eyes out at the thrift stores in the coming years!  :D  Since I am not the least bit interested in any of the other ponies.
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

miamorecadenza

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2013, 05:38:18 PM »
Ooh, looks like this Celestia has gold tinsel in her hair! So at least there will be one other pony variation...

Offline CrystalMist

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Colorado is sooooo pretty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2013, 05:55:17 PM »
 :dribble: :heart: MINTY!! :heart:
 ON a less positive note, they are realllllyyy pushing that evil Sunset Shimmer. Is that why the gave her crayola makeup? And now that they made not only a doll line for Equestria Girls, but a pony line to too? And when did Sunset Shimmer ever wear a leather cloak/biker jacket thing?? Pssh, but it is a really cool perspective with the through the mirror.
I'm always looking for a Blythe accessories. PM me for any info!cloud_weaver is the best sister ever!!! :heart:

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2013, 06:00:36 PM »
What a cool set.

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2013, 06:21:01 PM »
:dribble: :heart: MINTY!! :heart:
 ON a less positive note, they are realllllyyy pushing that evil Sunset Shimmer. Is that why the gave her crayola makeup? And now that they made not only a doll line for Equestria Girls, but a pony line to too? And when did Sunset Shimmer ever wear a leather cloak/biker jacket thing?? Pssh, but it is a really cool perspective with the through the mirror.
She wears a jacket all the time. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130727123240/mlp/images/b/ba/Sunset_Shimmer_ID_EG.png
Her doll does too.

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2013, 06:23:33 PM »
I am so not happy about this. :mad: Minty is my favorite G3 and I've been waiting forever for a G4 version of her. I can't afford her on eBay, so I've been patiently waiting for a retail release, only to find out they're releasing her in a pack that will likely cost MORE than the Mintys that I can't afford on eBay. :cry: I think I probably wouldn't be quite as upset if the set came with other new ponies. I mean, look at all the creative blind bag characters that haven't been released as normal brushables. Can you imaging how popular a Tealove brushable would be? But as it is, I have all of those ponies that come with Minty, except for Nightmare Moon, but I don't want her. It's bad enough that I have to buy that expensive TRU favorites set just to get Shining Armor, Diamond Tiara and Bubblebutt. They should have just made Minty the holiday pony this year. They could have packaged her with a little Santa hat or some cute socks to make her more special and she would have flown off the shelves.

Offline banditpony

• マイリトルポニー
  • Trade Count: (+131)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • ♥ タカラ ♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2013, 06:33:10 PM »
For those who know the set will be expensive, why not set aside $5 every other week?
Then when you get the set, sell off the extras.

:: my etsy :: 3DS FC 1735-9876-4867 // SW-8381-5856-2018

Offline MoonShadow

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
    • Youtube!
« Reply #127 on: August 21, 2013, 06:42:40 PM »
Minty!!!  Hold up... Why you come with six ponies I already have?  :huh:  Looks like a blatant "money grab" attempt to me.

Seriously, how hard would it have been to give Nightmare Moon blue hair and replace the "mane 6" and Dewdrop with brushable versions of blind bag characters?  The names are already trademarked.  I'll probably purchase Miss Minty from the "gray market" as the set is not worth $40-$50 with all those repeats...

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 21, 2013, 06:50:02 PM »
I am so not happy about this. :mad: Minty is my favorite G3 and I've been waiting forever for a G4 version of her. I can't afford her on eBay, so I've been patiently waiting for a retail release, only to find out they're releasing her in a pack that will likely cost MORE than the Mintys that I can't afford on eBay. :cry: I think I probably wouldn't be quite as upset if the set came with other new ponies. I mean, look at all the creative blind bag characters that haven't been released as normal brushables. Can you imaging how popular a Tealove brushable would be? But as it is, I have all of those ponies that come with Minty, except for Nightmare Moon, but I don't want her. It's bad enough that I have to buy that expensive TRU favorites set just to get Shining Armor, Diamond Tiara and Bubblebutt. They should have just made Minty the holiday pony this year. They could have packaged her with a little Santa hat or some cute socks to make her more special and she would have flown off the shelves.
i feel your pain
but they could still do that minty holiday thing, knowing hasbro they will wait till everybody has bought that set for the minty and what ever other pony they are after then re-release minty again with either another set or as a single.
it would be so typical of them and they seem to do that a lot going by what i have seen :)

Post Merge: August 21, 2013, 06:51:31 PM

and to add if that set comes here it would be well over $100 so im going to hunt for a single minty of the ebay

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline Foxtale

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Reverse Gusty Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2013, 07:02:18 PM »
Eeeeeee finally! The smaller packages say they are Walmart exclusives... but is the larger an exclusive?
~Foxtale~

PolkaDot99

« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2013, 07:29:15 PM »
Yay! I am so glad Minty is coming out BUT in a set where I already have all the other ponies  :huh:  :(

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2013, 07:53:57 PM »
I anticipate a whole pile of Rarities, Nightmare Moons, Celestias, Fluttershys, and Rainbow Dashes flooding the online trade/sale market.  :P

I'm still super excited to see that Minty is getting a real release! Perhaps we'll see her again as a single sometime.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2013, 07:57:44 PM »
Eeeeeee finally! The smaller packages say they are Walmart exclusives... but is the larger an exclusive?

I am wondering the same thing?

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2013, 08:11:53 PM »
For those who know the set will be expensive, why not set aside $5 every other week?
Then when you get the set, sell off the extras.

Selling them is easier said than done. Especially since everyone else who has been collecting and already has everyone except Minty will be doing exactly that. Recently the same thing happened with a Monster High set. Pretty much everyone wanted Gil, but the only way to get him (other than paying several hundred dollars on eBay) was in this 5 pack of dolls. Three of the five had already been released quite awhile ago, so pretty much everyone who wanted them had them already. So once the 5 pack came out, lots of people were trying to sell the other dolls from the set and even pricing them really low doesn't actually guarantee anyone will buy them. I can see the same thing happening with this set.

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2013, 08:19:30 PM »
Ohhh, I need Minty AND Dewdrop Dazzle...
~Sales~ :socks: Wants~

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal