collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Some Kitty Kitty Kitten Talk, & Questions.  (Read 8598 times)

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Trade Count: (+47)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Some Kitty Kitty Kitten Talk, & Questions.
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2013, 10:30:15 AM »
See, that's cool.  I'm learning more already from this thread. lol  I can't wait to see what Rhini comes up with.  I'll be working on pictures to donate to her project and hopefully I have some pictures she can use or doesn't have yet. :)

I'm still working on cleaning my hamster urine smelly kitty.  I've hand washed her 3 times so far but he'll need at least one (if not more) baths.  I've got most of him to not stink but her lower area still is smelly.  I've taken pictures of his bathtime adventure (his expressions of being forced to take a bath are priceless lol).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline Rhini

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • MOC Mimic
  • In Ponyland, all the food is poison!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 10:58:50 AM »
Yikes Star Spark! Nothing worse than when rodents get at stuff :( I'm glad to hear she's all better after a wash! i don't believe the jungle ones came with a bladder, ill confirm when I get home. Even if they did you just washed her thuroughly so no issue anyway.

LOL I wanna see those bath pics! XD :hug: Thanks so much Fairydust! I really appreciate it.  ^.^  I researched most of yesterday and found out some really cool things, including how I believe DSI came to make the line after Tyco stopped producing them  :biggrin: I want to really make a full fledged website, with a timeline, background info, an ID finder kind of like the wiki has. it will take some time but I thankfully have web experience and I do graphic design for a living so I should be able to produce a pretty nice site.

Star Spark

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2013, 04:17:15 PM »
Yikes Star Spark! Nothing worse than when rodents get at stuff :( I'm glad to hear she's all better after a wash! i don't believe the jungle ones came with a bladder, ill confirm when I get home. Even if they did you just washed her thuroughly so no issue anyway.

LOL I wanna see those bath pics! XD :hug: Thanks so much Fairydust! I really appreciate it.  ^.^  I researched most of yesterday and found out some really cool things, including how I believe DSI came to make the line after Tyco stopped producing them  :biggrin: I want to really make a full fledged website, with a timeline, background info, an ID finder kind of like the wiki has. it will take some time but I thankfully have web experience and I do graphic design for a living so I should be able to produce a pretty nice site.

I just don't trust my memory now- I don't remember if she originally had one, though she certainly doesn't now...

Anyway, I would love to see a site with such detailed information- toy history fascinates me, and I love learning more about obscure lines that are all but forgotten (even I'd forgotten Kitty Kitty Kitten until my mom pulled my old tiger cub out of that ruined box.)

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 07:23:31 PM »
He sounds cute! I look forward to the pics!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2013, 09:12:03 PM »
FINALLY got a picture of my whole collection yikes. No easy task XD

And my special boy  ^.^

And me too! I love love learning stuff about the toys I had as a child.

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2013, 09:20:07 PM »
That blue guy is so adorable! :heart:

I have one that I found at the Goodwill Outlet recently, I still have to clean her up. I have not found my childhood ones yet, I am hoping there are still in a container somewhere here.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2013, 09:26:06 PM »
Goodwill outlet is my happy place :heart: I've found a bunch there!

The black, white and grey one I had when I was little, her name is Pepper  ^.^

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2013, 01:32:47 AM »
Whoa Rhini! They're gorgeous! Ok, ok, I need more now!! I really want the blue one, why is he so rare?
I definitely want the tiger! :heart:

Post Merge: August 21, 2013, 01:34:36 AM

Photos of my boy on the first page!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:34:36 AM by Icecrystalline »

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2013, 06:11:01 AM »
Yes, I want a blue one too! lol

Of course Rhini knows that because I couldn't stop talking about hers at the pony meet last weekend lol.

The blue one is rare because he's one of the Fancy Kitty Kitty Kittens.  They might have been one of the last of the line produced.  There apparently are other colors like pink, green, etc...  but I haven't seen actual pictures of them before.  Rhini has another Fancy Kitty, a brown one that's there in the bigger picture (he's right next to the blue one).  My Fancy brown one will be arriving to me soon too.  I'm so excited to get him!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:14:35 AM by FairyDust »

Collector of Jem and the Holograms, MLP, Kitty Kitty Kittens, and of course Totsy ponies.

Offline bladed

• Dabbles Pony
  • Gotta hit some wasabi mayo to settle the nerves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2013, 06:42:05 AM »
Yep - Fancy KKK's are the last release I believe. ^-^ So that's why they're rather rare/HTF

Star Spark

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2013, 06:51:37 AM »
It's so cute!

I'm really surprised that this line lasted as long as it did- I vaguely remember when they first came out, but I thought when I got my Kitty Kitty Jungle Kitten that it was already starting to lose its popularity. The date on my tiger says 1993, but I'm thinking that I got her in '94 at the earliest (she might have been on clearance; I remember convincing my Mom and aunt in KB Toys to finally let me have one.)

Offline Rhini

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2013, 08:23:07 AM »
Thanks!  ^.^ :heart:

Icey- the tiger is pretty common, good luck finding one! She's one of my favorites :D Dat face! i love little Thomas too!  ^.^

My blue kitten is NOT a Fancy Kitten, he's from the very last of the kitty kitty kittens, part of the DSI line. I don't think they have an official name, but they were made in bright vibrant colors, so I call them the Colorful Kittens. It shows the pink one on the tag, I've only ever heard of people finding the pink, red, and blue.

I can only make assumptions as to why they're so rare, but to the best of my knowledge they were the very last KKK produced. These were made by DSI, after the recall of their earlier regular KKK line and at this point the company was really struggling, they closed not soon after. Items are generally only produced after securing an order from a retailer, and I doubt many retailers were willing to carry the line again after such a major recall. So I imagine not many were produced. They did learn their lesson though, and my blue kitten does not have any kind of bladder that I can feel.

The Fancy Kittens were some of the last Tyco kittens, but not the very last. Their copyright is from '95, the latest KKK from Tyco were copyrighted in '96. The brown one I have is the only one Ive ever seen, and he has green thread on his feet which makes me guess that at some point he had some kind of green booties, but I just don't know.  :huh:

Ramble done! :P Isn't learning fun?!

(also every time I type KKK I feel weird XD)

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2013, 08:29:43 AM »
I am going to have to look harder for the ones I had as a kid. I do not think we would have parted with them, considering the other toys still in this house. :lol:

Yeah, referring to them as KKK is a bit odd...
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2013, 08:43:38 AM »
I have a bad feeling that my Kitty Kitty Kitten probably went out with the last yard sale, but I'll see if I can ask my mom to check the stuffed animal bin in the basement anyway.  I know I kept it for a long time because every time I picked it up to put in the sale pile, it purred and melted my heart.

Offline FairyDust

• Professor Snape Pony
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2013, 10:45:07 AM »
Thanks for the correction Rhini!  I was on two different wave thoughts and for some reason put them together and it sounded right in my head lol.

My brown Kitty that is coming soon to me that is like yours Rhini is coming with some clothing (pink visor & multi colored vest/shirt).  Were some kitties sold with clothing?  This would make sense why your brown kitty has green on his paws.  The clothing mine is coming with is white, black, pink, green, and I think orange too.  Looking at the outfit it makes sense that it would have some shoes with it.  Green shoes would look nice with the outfit.

Maybe we should call them KK Kittens instead? :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:51:02 AM by FairyDust »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal