collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread (Applejack and Big Mac preorders!)  (Read 82397 times)

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread (Twilight and Trixie now available)
« Reply #1290 on: March 07, 2014, 08:30:37 PM »
Congrats glitter hunters :D I hope to be among your ranks soon ^^

In the meantime, can anyone let me know if $50 shipped for Glitter Octavia is a good deal, or is she not as popular? Just wondering because I love that gold glitter!
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Pony_Mama

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1291 on: March 07, 2014, 09:01:31 PM »

In the meantime, can anyone let me know if $50 shipped for Glitter Octavia is a good deal, or is she not as popular? Just wondering because I love that gold glitter!

I've found Octavia to be the hardest to find! She's rarely on ebay and I would LOVE to get my hands on her. In my  opinion, $50 shipped is the top of what I'm willing to pay for a glitter variant. I'd definitely pick her up at that price.  It's not an incredible deal, but it's reasonable for sure.

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 07, 2014, 09:46:15 PM »

I've found Octavia to be the hardest to find! She's rarely on ebay and I would LOVE to get my hands on her. In my  opinion, $50 shipped is the top of what I'm willing to pay for a glitter variant. I'd definitely pick her up at that price.  It's not an incredible deal, but it's reasonable for sure.

Alright, I'm gonna buy her- thanks for the push!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pony_Mama

« Reply #1293 on: March 07, 2014, 09:49:13 PM »

lol! That's me, the Pony Pusher  :lol:
Congrats on Octavia! I'm feeling a little pang of jealousy!

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: March 07, 2014, 09:53:38 PM »

lol! That's me, the Pony Pusher  :lol:
Congrats on Octavia! I'm feeling a little pang of jealousy!

We need to talk more often then LOL

I just couldn't resist after seeing she has GOLD glitter! And it's a reasonable price so hey, no problems there.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:06:32 PM by MidnightMocha »

diamondshy

« Reply #1295 on: March 07, 2014, 10:06:55 PM »
Aw man I had no idea Octavia's glitter was gold, that just made me want her so much more!  It's a shame I don't have much to trade, I think mine are some of the more common glitters.  XD

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 07, 2014, 10:08:52 PM »
Aw man I had no idea Octavia's glitter was gold, that just made me want her so much more!  It's a shame I don't have much to trade, I think mine are some of the more common glitters.  XD

We'll see when I get her- she's sort of an impulse buy right now! If I don't love her I'll happily trade her for another glitter, but right now I bought her because she may look pretty good in person rather than just in box, which is the only time I've seen her.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 10:19:36 PM by MidnightMocha »

AJLareneg

« Reply #1297 on: March 08, 2014, 01:44:32 AM »
OMG Big Mac! He will not at all match with my collection but screw that!

You mean the rest of the funkos because he is bigger? Don't you mean he will match them! Lol Since he is suppose to be bigger, his release is going to remind me a lot of the Big Brothers from G1 I'm really excited!*Eeyup!

Oh no I meant because he is red! My collection has a blue, purple theme ^^ I like doing aesthetic things like that because I don't collect a whole bunch. But I'll always make an exception for great characters!

Edit today: I called all my local HTs- turns out the employees are buying and reselling them, that's why they've mysteriously received 'no' glitters :\ It makes me really angry. I'm probably going to have to resort to hunting down those glitters online! Wonder if anyone does payment plans XD
the employee at the hot topic I found my glitters at said they got an email from corporate saying they weren't allowed to do that. Specifically mentioning the glitter funko ponies. :/ not cool.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1298 on: March 08, 2014, 07:35:10 AM »
OMG Big Mac! He will not at all match with my collection but screw that!

You mean the rest of the funkos because he is bigger? Don't you mean he will match them! Lol Since he is suppose to be bigger, his release is going to remind me a lot of the Big Brothers from G1 I'm really excited!*Eeyup!

Oh no I meant because he is red! My collection has a blue, purple theme ^^ I like doing aesthetic things like that because I don't collect a whole bunch. But I'll always make an exception for great characters!

Edit today: I called all my local HTs- turns out the employees are buying and reselling them, that's why they've mysteriously received 'no' glitters :\ It makes me really angry. I'm probably going to have to resort to hunting down those glitters online! Wonder if anyone does payment plans XD
the employee at the hot topic I found my glitters at said they got an email from corporate saying they weren't allowed to do that. Specifically mentioning the glitter funko ponies. :/ not cool.

Woah thats really interesting never heard that before!

PS. My friend picked me up a glitter Trixie, so I have one of each left selling as a pair message me asap if you're interested they will not last long!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #1299 on: March 08, 2014, 08:41:03 AM »
Thats so weird! One of my HT stores told me that employees cant buy the glitters until a month after the wave has been released. Maybe they are having family or friends pick up glitters for them because they always seem to get 'no glitters' as well and the lady on the phone said they ordered 3 cases of trixie/twilight and recived 'no glitters'. Or maybe they just have rotten luck, but I swear she must be hiding some! Lolol
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:45:01 AM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1300 on: March 08, 2014, 08:53:09 AM »
Thats so weird! One of my HT stores told me that employees cant buy the glitters until a month after the wave has been released. Maybe they are having family or friends pick up glitters for them because they always seem to get 'no glitters' as well and the lady on the phone said they ordered 3 cases of trixie/twilight and recived 'no glitters'. Or maybe they just have rotten luck, but I swear she must be hiding some! Lolol

Naw you gotta remember that these are very rare only a 1/24 chance which is like 4% so its highly unlikely a store will get one when they only get like 10 of each character, maybe perhaps in some cases employees might do that, but not likely. I know the feeling I feel that way sometimes too when I'm frustrated, but then I remember the chances of them showing up.

For Sale Wants

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 08, 2014, 10:52:10 AM »

Naw you gotta remember that these are very rare only a 1/24 chance which is like 4% so its highly unlikely a store will get one when they only get like 10 of each character, maybe perhaps in some cases employees might do that, but not likely. I know the feeling I feel that way sometimes too when I'm frustrated, but then I remember the chances of them showing up.

Well, I normally wouldn't be suspicious- but here's the thing. I've given my name and number to three different stores, and have called them several times a week according to their shipment schedule. All of them said they had a note down to call me if a glitter came in. I have heard now of at least six boxes coming into each store- out of 18 boxes, I highly doubt there hasn't been a single glitter Twilight in by now, so yeah. I took enough stats in college to know what makes sense and what's kinda fishy :P

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1302 on: March 08, 2014, 11:35:22 AM »

Well, I normally wouldn't be suspicious- but here's the thing. I've given my name and number to three different stores, and have called them several times a week according to their shipment schedule. All of them said they had a note down to call me if a glitter came in. I have heard now of at least six boxes coming into each store- out of 18 boxes, I highly doubt there hasn't been a single glitter Twilight in by now, so yeah. I took enough stats in college to know what makes sense and what's kinda fishy :P

Well like I said maybe, but I doubt it since I'm sure their bosses wouldn't let them. A lot of the time they don't know what I'm talking about. It's all random, just like online ordering I got 5 glitters from the online orders and did not order even close to 120 ponies, meaning it's not completely accurate. But there still is 1/24 made as a glitter, doesn't mean just because you order 24 you will or will not get one.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 11:37:17 AM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline MidnightMocha

• View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: March 08, 2014, 11:48:44 AM »
I err on the side of cynicism when exclusive items are involved :P I don't trust no pony! Anyway, it's not a big deal, it's just that it would be nice to be able to find one on my own, more fun to it than seeking it out online. But it may just come to that, soon!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: March 08, 2014, 12:09:29 PM »
I also set $50 as the most I will pay for a glitter shipped.  And so far all of them have been at $50 exactly or under ($35 for Octavia and Lyra bin on ebay, yay!).  So you did good with Octavia. 

My rule of thumb is if it is sold for $50 total I will buy.  But no more.   I'm still looking for Trixie and pinkie Pie if anyone has them. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal