collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread (Applejack and Big Mac preorders!)  (Read 82366 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread (Twilight and Trixie now available)
« Reply #1335 on: March 12, 2014, 06:46:05 AM »
Anyways new AJ Photo!!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

This proto looks great! Money says the production won't be as flawless sadly.

I agree she looks epic! Although I disagree on the second part, I think her paint job will be just fine because the only thing they need to paint is the eyes, so most are going to have great paint jobs since they don't have to paint a ton of different stuff on this one, the colors of the plastic are already correct. The hat they can make in brown, her hair in yellow and body in orange, the only thing they can screw up on really is the eyes, and maybe the red bands for her hair, which I think they will be just fine! Pretty hard to mess it up, compared to like Spitfire! :)

For Sale Wants

Offline Dashy77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: March 12, 2014, 06:48:59 AM »
I agree she looks epic! Although I disagree on the second part, I think her paint job will be just fine because the only thing they need to paint is the eyes, so most are going to have great paint jobs since they don't have to paint a ton of different stuff on this one, the colors of the plastic are already correct. The hat they can make in brown, her hair in yellow and body in orange, the only thing they can screw up on really is the eyes, and maybe the red bands for her hair, which I think they will be just fine! Pretty hard to mess it up, compared to like Spitfire! :)

I was referring to the mold lines, you don't see any here but on most the production ones you see them on body or mostly hair pretty pronounced.

The colors I think will be fine.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1337 on: March 12, 2014, 06:52:13 AM »
Wow looking at some of these is getting me so excited for Luna!!!

Wow! I actually held my breath for a second there when I saw this! Almost thought it was a Funko product.

Yeah, the Funko one probably won't have the raised hoof and will have hamster cheeks instead :snicker:

Well the princesses have different heads then the rest of the ponies so they will look different, just like how Dr. Whooves head was different than the girls.

For Sale Wants

Offline Buzzingbumblebee

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Blythe plastic surgeon =^-^=
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: March 13, 2014, 05:18:13 PM »
Oooh, I would love it if Funko made a Luna similar to that one ^

I got my Twilight today ^-^. She had a safe travel from overseas :D. I love her sooo much  :lovey:. Now I just need the Great and Powerful Trixxxxie :D. And maybe a glitter Octavia...

Twilight is here :D by Buzzingbumblebee, on Flickr
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 05:19:51 PM by Buzzingbumblebee »

Blythe customising blog, commissions open: http://beesdreamland.com/

Offline TattooedMLP_Rat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: March 14, 2014, 07:36:31 AM »
I just found a glittery Twilight yesterday in store!  I still have yet to find Pinkie Pie….I've rarely ever even seen her in a store.  I feel like she had a short run.  Has anyone else seen Pinkie Pie?

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: March 14, 2014, 08:34:35 AM »

I just found a glittery Twilight yesterday in store!  I still have yet to find Pinkie Pie….I've rarely ever even seen her in a store.  I feel like she had a short run.  Has anyone else seen Pinkie Pie?

And the first episode begins of, "Not Enough Pinkie Pies". Lol I saw just one of her normal figure in stores and it does seem like her glitters were sparse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Emerald Treasure

« Reply #1341 on: March 14, 2014, 08:58:55 AM »

And the first episode begins of, "Not Enough Pinkie Pies". Lol I saw just one of her normal figure in stores and it does seem like her glitters were
sparse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is going to sound weird, but the only two I've seen (and bought), were both Pinkie Pie. One from Hot Topic, and one from Toys R Us.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1342 on: March 14, 2014, 10:30:05 AM »
All glitters are sparse lol. back then I found 3 Pinkie Pie glitters in stores around here bought two of them. Lyra however I only found one when the first came out and couldn't find anymore after that.

For Sale Wants

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: March 14, 2014, 10:54:48 AM »
All glitters are sparse lol. back then I found 3 Pinkie Pie glitters in stores around here bought two of them. Lyra however I only found one when the first came out and couldn't find anymore after that.

I meant like comparing the ratio of people who found glitter Pinkies to say, glitter Trixies or Octavias or Twilights. So, yeah. It just seemed like more people found other glitters than Pinkie glitters.
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1344 on: March 14, 2014, 11:13:59 AM »
Oh I see what you mean, well not everyone posts what they find and stuff, but it's always about the same amount of each, just depends on who gets them, I think lots of people who snagged Pinkies didn't put them on ebay because she is a pretty popular one and many kept them for themselves. Could be why you didn't see much of her. More people have been posting about there finds now because I think there are more collectors now of these then there was last year.

For Sale Wants

diamondshy

« Reply #1345 on: March 14, 2014, 01:55:39 PM »
Aw man those fan sculpts are *gorgeous*.  I'd love to see Funko do some that have a little bit more character to them, like that Cadance.

Actually, I'm really curious to see what sort of ratios are out there for glitters.  In theory they'd all be about the same, but as collectors I think we know that theory usually doesn't play out as well in practice.   :P  I've seen three glitter Whooves, one Pinkie, and one Fluttershy so far, I think, though I've also never preordered so those are all "in the wild."

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1346 on: March 14, 2014, 02:03:28 PM »
Aw man those fan sculpts are *gorgeous*.  I'd love to see Funko do some that have a little bit more character to them, like that Cadance.

Actually, I'm really curious to see what sort of ratios are out there for glitters.  In theory they'd all be about the same, but as collectors I think we know that theory usually doesn't play out as well in practice.   :P  I've seen three glitter Whooves, one Pinkie, and one Fluttershy so far, I think, though I've also never preordered so those are all "in the wild."

I agree I think it would be neat to see a little different type poses, like siting funkos, not for the princesses but for other ponies such as like a sitting Berry Punch or something would be so cute.

No idea pretty sure there are 1004 of each of Rainbow Dash and :muffin: Pony other than that it would be so hard to guesstimate unless we knew how many were made!

For Sale Wants

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: March 15, 2014, 06:25:03 AM »
There were more than 1008 of sparkly Drama and sparkly Rainbow Dash made. Sorry, I really dont believe that figure at all. Perhaps there were 1008 available at SDCC or something but there were more than available - factor in how many at SDCC, how many on Amazon, how many on Gemini and how many at Cons. Then compare how many of the WLF Drama ponies that were sold which shows you the market for them - which is pony and Funko collectors - no way only 1008 of those were available.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

scootalooMD

« Reply #1348 on: March 15, 2014, 07:28:51 AM »
I don't know if anyone has already posted this but FYE is now carrying the Funko ponies! I actually stumbled across an odd one there- a glitter bubbles/muffins but her box didn't have the SDCC sticker...  :wonder:
 I was just in a different FYE store & they also had Fluttershy, Dr. Whooves, Pinkie, & Lyra (no glitters though). Has anyone else seen Funko at their FYE?

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: March 15, 2014, 07:58:02 AM »
I have to say that the people at hot topic have been super nice.  I had a return and they offered to order me a case of Funkos so I could get a chance at a glitter.  I passed but was super impressed by the offer.   

Can't wait for Apple Jack!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal