collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Princess Celestia Vinyl Collectible  (Read 30197 times)

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
Re: Funko Princess Celestia Vinyl Collectible
« Reply #120 on: August 19, 2013, 01:47:36 PM »
Aww I don't understand this listing! It says "Product Description My Little Pony Exclusive Assortment includes: 2 Bon Bon, 2 Spitfire, 2 Celestia" does that mean I get 6 funko ponies for 14.99?? I doubt it but hey its what the description says anyone going to try and buy it??
  It might mean that  there is going to be 2 versions of each (solid and translucent glittery) :)
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 19, 2013, 01:48:05 PM »
*  Okay- so reading through the responses on this thread- 
*  Some people are getting to the store and getting only one pony-
*  Some are getting to the store and getting no pony- because because the store tells them they aren't available for release until 9/2.  (That I actually would have a problem with if they had confirmed the order and said it was available for pick up since it would be a total waste of gas).

I haven't heard from any person who got to the store and was given 6 ponies. 

Yes- I guess with an email from customer service (who is reading it the same way we are) you might be able to insist on 6 if you throw a fit- (although they could also just refund your purchase price)- But here's the problem- don't we all KNOW it is a mistake in the listing?  I mean really-  6 Funko ponies for essentially $2.49 each?  The packaging probably cost more than that! 

Could you really look a store employee in the face and tell them that you reasonably understood and relied on the listing to be selling 6 ponies for $14.99?  I would feel like I were trying to steal something.   I'd be happy with just the ponies.

There are people who were able to purchase 2 for the price of 1 yesterday due to the online listing when they picked up in store.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 19, 2013, 02:00:30 PM »
Yes, some people received two for the price of one.

And honestly? I haven't thrown a stink. I called and spoke to a representative before I placed an order, to confirm it was for six ponies and she said yes.

I placed my order, and then afterwards emailed a representative to please confirm that yes, I am getting six ponies, yes they are bon bon spitfire and Celestia, and no I will not have to pay anything extra.

Frankly, if two separate people can confirm that for me, and one is willing to do it on paper, either this is a really big screwup or its actually legit. They haven't taken down the listing yet and many, many of us have called and asked and emailed and asked. They're aware, and they've had many of the same inquiry.

I went about this as honestly as I could, calling before, and then emailing afterward.

I am not ashamed to admit that I WILL be disappointed if I don't receive the six ponies I ordered. Yes, we all know its a crazy deal. Yes, we know its likely a mistake. I don't mind waiting until Celestia is released to receive my ponies. I won't throw a huge stink if I don't get them, but I will be calling the number and replying to the email I was sent, "in case of any further inquiries" if my order gets cancelled or shows up wrong.

I would pay normal price for the ponies. I have, for all my 8 funkos I already have. I don't want to see Funko go down or ruin the production of further ponies but honestly? I don't think that's going to happen. That's an extreme reaction. There's not thousands of us placing this order, I'd say you'd be hard put to count two dozen of us.

Yes, it may be the principal of the thing and we shouldn't have ordered out of the goodness of our hearts... But I was as honest and upfront about my order as possible, twice. I asked about the assortment, I asked about the price, I asked about separate shipping, I asked about which ponies it was. I think that I did the best I could to give them an "out" and so now, since I was honest and upfront, I want toys r us to hold their commitment to filling my order even though they may have made a mistake. It's their mistake, not mine.

I'm not judging anyone either way in this situation, everyone's doing what they think is best and proceeding with caution and honesty. I don't feel like I'm stealing, at all. Rewarded for being a loyal customer who obsesses over their products and got lucky on a mistake that i clearly pointed out to them? Perhaps. Stealing? Not so much.

I hope everyone ends up happy with their order, and that we can all show off brand new Funko babies together in the end, no matter how many we receive :)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 02:02:33 PM by Chaosette »

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2013, 02:04:43 PM »

And honestly? I haven't thrown a stink. I called and spoke to a representative before I placed an order, to confirm it was for six ponies and she said yes.

I placed my order, and then afterwards emailed a representative to please confirm that yes, I am getting six ponies, yes they are bon bon spitfire and Celestia, and no I will not have to pay anything extra.

Frankly, if two separate people can confirm that for me, and one is willing to do it on paper, either this is a really big screwup or its actually legit. They haven't taken down the listing yet and many, many of us have called and asked and emailed and asked. They're aware, and they've had many of the same inquiry.

I went about this as honestly as I could, calling before, and then emailing afterward.

I am not ashamed to admit that I WILL be disappointed if I don't receive the six ponies I ordered. Yes, we all know its a crazy deal. Yes, we know its likely a mistake. I don't mind waiting until Celestia is released to receive my ponies. I won't throw a huge stink if I don't get them, but I will be calling the number and replying to the email I was sent, "in case of any further inquiries" if my order gets cancelled or shows up wrong.

I would pay normal price for the ponies. I have, for all my 8 funkos I already have. I don't want to see Funko go down or ruin the production of further ponies but honestly? I don't think that's going to happen. That's an extreme reaction. There's not thousands of us placing this order, I'd say you'd be hard put to count two dozen of us.

Yes, it may be the principal of the thing and we shouldn't have ordered out of the goodness of our hearts... But I was as honest and upfront about my order as possible, twice. I asked about the assortment, I asked about the price, I asked about separate shipping, I asked about which ponies it was. I think that I did the best I could to give them an "out" and so now, since I was honest and upfront, I want toys r us to hold their commitment to filling my order even though they may have made a mistake. It's their mistake, not mine.

I'm not judging anyone either way in this situation, everyone's doing what they think is best and proceeding with caution and honesty. I don't feel like I'm stealing, at all. Rewarded for being a loyal customer who obsesses over their products and got lucky on a mistake that i clearly pointed out to them? Perhaps. Stealing? Not so much.

I hope everyone ends up happy with their order, and that we can all show off brand new Funko babies together in the end, no matter how many we receive :)

Agreed well said!
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 19, 2013, 02:10:15 PM »

^^This and ditto. I called before I placed the order and made they guy look at it and asked him what I would be recieving as I wanted to know what the listing really was for. He confirmed six. I guess I do not feel bad when I called to make sure and they confirmed it and told me that they  would fix any problem with it....
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 19, 2013, 02:14:33 PM »
I keep thinking what if they are little mini Funkos!  And that is why it says six. 

I am fully expecting to receive one shiny brand new pony that I do not already own, so that is well and good.  But it would be cool if this was a mini set instead. 

brandon_y_83

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #126 on: August 19, 2013, 02:15:07 PM »

^^This and ditto. I called before I placed the order and made they guy look at it and asked him what I would be recieving as I wanted to know what the listing really was for. He confirmed six. I guess I do not feel bad when I called to make sure and they confirmed it and told me that they  would fix any problem with it....

Though, was this in-store pickup confirmation, or confirmation from one of the CS drones that may not know better?

Offline elish2

• As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 19, 2013, 02:16:47 PM »
Though, was this in-store pickup confirmation, or confirmation from one of the CS drones that may not know better?

If they do not know any better they should not be telling people that it is the case without firsts researching it with their company. It is fraud otherwise.
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #128 on: August 19, 2013, 02:33:35 PM »
well ordered  me some while ago and they should be here  by friday :)  I ordered extras to get free shipping :)
was able to use the 15 % disc  :)
if I only get one is still a good deal , at least  I do not have to wait until september and be driving all over the place to get them :)
hope I get the glittery ones if they exist :)

talking about glittery ponies, the double pack FS with RD and PTS that ordered last week with the same coupon is finally arriving tomorrow,while i was checking on this new order , i noticed the tracking for the old one LOL
new ponies tomorrow  :)  and hopefully friday
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #129 on: August 19, 2013, 02:43:33 PM »
I wonder how much Celestia's going to cost if she's in scale with the other ponies?

I imagine it would cost twice as much because she'd be much larger and use more materials, unless they give her a really spindly neck, torso, and legs, but I doubt they'd put out junk like that(the paint apps excluded).

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #130 on: August 19, 2013, 02:47:08 PM »
Okay so anyone willing to help Mikey and I out? I can place her order and mine with my credit card, if someone can go pick it up for us? Ill pay you shipping costs to Canada of course.
  I ordered extras , if you still need them ,let me know ,they are suppose to get here friday 

Offline katieklassified

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2013, 02:50:46 PM »
I went to pick them up today (which didn't happen...how are they STILL unloading the truck?!?!), and the guy confirmed its for 6 ponies.

HELP ME NAME MY PONYSONA!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 19, 2013, 02:53:39 PM »
Well I ordered a batch-  If I really do get extras- I'm happy to share with international folks-  but I'm not going to hold my breath I guess.

It really is so odd that the TRU website is referring to a Funko Twilight and Funko Celestia- when they haven't even been created as prototypes yet.  Maybe they made some kind of contract with Funko to get these ponies as exclusives in the future? 

Really makes me wonder who wrote the entry for that listing-  and where they got their information.  Because they have some of the info right- which makes it likely that they are getting the info from SOMEWHERE.   

Post Merge: August 19, 2013, 02:54:05 PM

I went to pick them up today (which didn't happen...how are they STILL unloading the truck?!?!), and the guy confirmed its for 6 ponies.

Did you go pick them up after receiving an email saying they were ready for pick up ?

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #133 on: August 19, 2013, 03:02:34 PM »
just chatted with a rep online and they confirmed the  same, 6 ponies :)
emailed the chatt transcript to myself :)

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 19, 2013, 03:14:29 PM »
just chatted with a rep online and they confirmed the  same, 6 ponies :)
emailed the chatt transcript to myself :)

Hopefully you guys that are getting them shipped to you are going to get all 6 I talked to a rep printed that out and took that to the store as well and they were telling me that is probably how many came in the box and that they have had a similar issue before. The manager looked right at me asking are you expecting to get 6 ponies? They didn't even have a Celestia. So, I am curious on what you guys get when they are shipped. 
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal