collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Charged $3.95 shipping, seller sent it in an envelope  (Read 1313 times)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Re: Charged $3.95 shipping, seller sent it in an envelope
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2013, 08:21:39 PM »
Yes I was having a hard time finding it also.  Maybe if you call them and discuss this with them on the phone after you have had a chance to have a soda and a cookie and brush a pony! hugs
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2013, 08:21:52 PM »
http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactUs&wftype=2023&rcode=LP%25P10077&subject=Selling%20practices%20policy&bcrumb=%20Home%20%3E%20Help%20%3EMembership%20%26%20account%3ERules%20%26%20policies%3ESelling%20practices%20policy&instruction=&expirationDate=

This is taken from the selling practices page so that's where I would report.

Be sure to specify shipping costs and related service charges in your listings. It's against our rules to provide unclear or misleading shipping information or to charge unreasonable fees for shipping and related services.

What you can charge

Actual shipping cost: This is the amount for shipping the item. It should be what you paid the carrier.

Handling cost: This can include the cost of packaging materials and insurance cost, if any.

Delivery Confirmation and extra services: If you choose to use these options, you must add them to your shipping and handling costs, and you can only charge what they actually cost. Examples of services include:

Certificate of Mailing

Certified Mail

Collect on Delivery

Delivery Confirmation - free with Priority Mail and discounted with some other services when you print shipping labels on eBay

Registered Mail

Restricted Delivery

Return Receipt

Signature Confirmation

Special Handling

Tax and government imposed fees: Only applicable federal, state, country, city, Value Added Tax (VAT), or equivalent taxes may be charged.

Tip: If your shipping and handling costs are higher than average, consider explaining in your listing what the shipping and handling costs include.

Tip: Use tracking information, Delivery Confirmation, or Signature Confirmation to protect yourself if a buyer claims that they didn't receive an item. This is one of the qualifications for getting an automatic 5-star rating for shipping time.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:26:21 PM by Sarahlacewing »
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2013, 08:23:46 PM »
I don't think Taxel's complaint has anything to do with the stickers arriving damaged or undamaged.  It has to do with the fact that a seller charged her way more to ship them then she actually used and admitted that it was to cover fees.  That is wrong.

I've heard other sellers say they charge a little more than what it costs to ship to make up for fees, some sellers state it in their listings, if it was wrong, they wouldn't be allowed to sell at least that's my understanding.

It's my oppinion that the seller shouldn't receive bad feedback, be dinged on all stars or be added to the bad trader list, the item is fine, they issued a partial (perhaps not the amount the OP wanted, but still better than nothing), from what I gather they weren't rude to her either, nor did they give her a hard time, at least based on what I read from the OP.

What bothers me is the name calling going on here now, no one who disagrees with the OP's oppinion is calling her names. So why are we being called names and being accused of things?

This thread really has gone from a discussion to a heated topic, I can see a mod coming in and giving a warning or closing it altogether if tempers continue to flare.
Regardless of the rest, it's against Paypal's TOS to ask your buyer to take the fees.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2013, 08:25:42 PM »
Thank you Sarahlacewing.

Edit: I'm very confused. I copied the item number into the box as instructed, clicked submit, but it never gave me a space to explain why I was reporting it? Am I supposed to add that to the box too? And the email it sent to me (as a copy of the report) was completely blank.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:28:06 PM by Taxel »

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2013, 08:33:56 PM »
Was there not a little section to mention what the problem was? There usually is something for you to write about what the issue is.  This is why I always call. I hate trying to walk through their swamp.

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2013, 08:37:08 PM »
This is everything that shows when I click the link (ignore the 'Copy Selection', its from a computer glitch that isn't eBay related). I'd like to avoid having to call eBay if its at all possible, I don't have a phone and I've got a lot of phone-related anxiety.

Offline tulagirl

• MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2013, 08:38:11 PM »
Oh yea I have seen that before.  Yea all you can do is put the number in, they won't take anymore information than that.  Real helpful Huh? blaaaa

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2013, 08:39:24 PM »
-facepalm- I can't say I'm surprised, but ugh. This is why I only use eBay when I really have to.

Edit:
I want to know how to proceed. For most of this thread my questions have been completely ignored.

Multiple people/posts have said I can report this person for multiple reasons, how do I do that? Should I try responding to their message and telling them that when someone pays for a certain type of shipping, you ship it that way (they completely ignored that concern and just wrote it off as 'oh I have ~handling~ fees therefore this is okay to do')? Should I make no contact/leave no feedback until I hear from eBay? Will I have to call eBay about this or is there any way I can report this person online?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 11:37:29 PM by Taxel »

Online Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2013, 01:51:34 AM »
I am locking this thread purely for the reason that the OP is upset, and calling other members names, such as hypocrites.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal