collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko vinyl spitfire and sweetie drops.  (Read 14083 times)

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
Re: Funko vinyl spitfire and sweetie drops.
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2013, 05:09:31 PM »
My TRU had them out on the shelves. Unfortunately it was a mistake and they wouldn't sell them. But I was told that they would be put back out on 9/2.

sweet!
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2013, 05:33:14 PM »
For those of you who saw them (or had a chance to rummage through them) - did you see the clear version?  I assume there will be a translucent version - but don't know for sure.

I am very much looking forward to the official release date of 9/2...

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2013, 05:39:07 PM »
My TRU had them out on the shelves. Unfortunately it was a mistake and they wouldn't sell them. But I was told that they would be put back out on 9/2.
That sucks :s I would've been furious (and my mom would be too X_x) I guess they don't want business.
Like if they know they weren't supposed to be sold on that date, then why put em out?  :huh:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2013, 09:22:42 PM »
I can't wait for them to come out spitfire is the best!  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 09:47:33 AM by snwbear24 »
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2013, 09:32:48 PM »
Yikes these stories worry me! Maybe a return would work out the best? What do you guys think? Also has anyone ever seen any sparkly variants at TRU, because I have heard they are only at hot topic.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

popyduggan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2013, 04:01:59 AM »
For those of you who saw them (or had a chance to rummage through them) - did you see the clear version?  I assume there will be a translucent version - but don't know for sure.

I am very much looking forward to the official release date of 9/2...
Nope, they were all plain. Also, there was a lot of characters to choose from so I guess TRU's cases are more varied than HT's.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 04:03:52 AM by popyduggan »

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2013, 05:47:31 AM »
That sucks :s I would've been furious (and my mom would be too X_x) I guess they don't want business.
Like if they know they weren't supposed to be sold on that date, then why put em out?  :huh:

Because sometimes people make mistakes. Whomever put them out probably didn't check for a release date. They weren't even priced on the shelf. From my understanding they can get in big trouble selling things before their street date. They will be put back out for sale in less than 3 weeks. Odds are the employee that put them out isn't the one that told me that unfortunately they couldn't sell them.  To me a pony isn't worth getting worked up for or getting someone in trouble over what amounts to an honest mistake.

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2013, 08:12:48 AM »
LOVE them.  I totally want them both.  And, frankly, I'm REALLY glad they went with Sweetie Drops.  It makes me feel better to know that not all those asinine fan-made names are being made official.  *thumbs up*

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2013, 08:31:26 AM »
LOVE them.  I totally want them both.  And, frankly, I'm REALLY glad they went with Sweetie Drops.  It makes me feel better to know that not all those asinine fan-made names are being made official.  *thumbs up*

Bon Bon isn't really an asinine fan name though- is it?  Bon Bon was the name of the G1 character that this pony appears to be based on.  Just because the Bronies were using it- doesn't automatically mean the name sucks. 

Post Merge: August 16, 2013, 08:35:09 AM

Because sometimes people make mistakes. Whomever put them out probably didn't check for a release date. They weren't even priced on the shelf. From my understanding they can get in big trouble selling things before their street date. They will be put back out for sale in less than 3 weeks. Odds are the employee that put them out isn't the one that told me that unfortunately they couldn't sell them.  To me a pony isn't worth getting worked up for or getting someone in trouble over what amounts to an honest mistake.

Exactly.  It seems pretty entitled and bratty to have a big stink when the store was just following the rules.  So an employee made a mistake and put the ponies on the floor too early.  It's ridiculous to suggest that this somehow requires the store to sell the ponies to you when the system won't even let them be sold yet.  How spoiled can you get?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 08:36:00 AM by Galactica »

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2013, 09:30:08 AM »
As much as I would love to find these before the street date, I'm not going to get into a huff over it.

I work for a company where every single product we produce has a street date. If one of our major retailers (and to funko I am sure toys r us is a major retailer) were to put or sell an item before the street date, there would be problems. Our retailers sign a legal agreement to have items for sale on a certain date.

The store could get into real trouble if it were to get back to funko an honestly with the Internet, they will find out.

As others have said, I'm okay waiting 3 weeks. I didn't even know they would be out so soon.

I wonder where dj Pon and Octavia will be out.

Lara

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Bow Tie

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Lady in Blue
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2013, 09:59:24 AM »

Bon Bon isn't really an asinine fan name though- is it?  Bon Bon was the name of the G1 character that this pony appears to be based on.  Just because the Bronies were using it- doesn't automatically mean the name sucks. 

Post Merge: August 16, 2013, 08:35:09 AM

Exactly.  It seems pretty entitled and bratty to have a big stink when the store was just following the rules.  So an employee made a mistake and put the ponies on the floor too early.  It's ridiculous to suggest that this somehow requires the store to sell the ponies to you when the system won't even let them be sold yet.  How spoiled can you get?

Agreed. It must have been an honest mistake and I would hate to see someone get in trouble or even a whole store in trouble for a simple and honest mistake. When I worked at Target and a CD or a movie were put out a day or two early, the register would tell us we can't sell it and there is no way to override it. Most people were understanding as it just meant they would have to be back in a day or two to pick it up.
-Bow Tie

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Lord Blumiere and Nence for my adorable adopts! :heart:

sahalis

« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2013, 11:07:03 AM »
I found (and bought) Sweetie Drops and Spitfire at a TRU near Boise ID. They sold them to me but they said they were going to go pull the test from the shelves. Apparently they weren't supposed to be sold until 9/2.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2013, 11:22:45 AM »
They can get in trouble for selling items before the release date.  If there is a specific release date- than releasing them early would violate the terms of their licensing/sales agreement with the vendor.   It also throws off the inventory- since the store doesn't have them in the system for sale, the count will be off and will have to be considered a loss later.

Whoever it was that sold them to you probably wanted to avoid a scene.  I've noticed a few on ebay already, so it would appear you are not the only one.

sahalis

« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2013, 11:35:31 AM »
They seemed pretty willing to sell them to me. It wasn't ringing up so I figured they might not sell it, but the manager came over and put it through without an issue, then told the other employee to take the rest off the shelves. He didn't seem too concerned. *shrug* I'm just happy I got them. :)

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2013, 11:57:00 AM »

I don't think the name stinks.  I'm just a little uppity over all these fan-names becoming canon all of a sudden.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal