collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Anyone else love King of the Hill?  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Shenanigans

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Anyone else love King of the Hill?
« on: August 12, 2013, 02:58:44 PM »
I love King of the Hill so much! I hadn't seen too many episodes on tv, but I got the first two seasons for my birthday and LOOOOVED them so much! I bought the next 4 seasons a couple months ago and was so upset to find out that only 6 out of the 13 seasons were released on DVD. Until my sister mentioned she has Netflix ;) So now I'm on season 10! I'll be sad when I've watched all the episodes, but they're so funny that I'll watch them all again... and again :lol:

My favorite characters are Bobby, Luanne, Dale, and Ladybird :D My favorite episodes are the ones when Hank is extremely uncomfortable dealing with any sort of emotions or anything even slightly feminine :lol: I love the episode "Aisle 8A" when Hank has to deal with Connie starting her period and he's unable to get ahold of her parents or Peggy :lol:

The last couple of months have been rough for me so it's great to have a really funny show that gets my mind off all the stress and worry ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My Wish List

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else love King of the Hill?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 03:08:02 PM »
King of the Hill is one of my guilty pleasure/pick-me-ups  :)  I especially love how it's such an entertaining show but still tackles real-life things (even if it is sometimes in ridiculous ways).  It's kind of uncanny the way there are so many things that the characters deal with that normal real life people deal with too :)

I don't think that I can pinpoint a favorite episode or even theme in the show - it seriously changes between episodes for me. My husband does like to tease me sometimes because I love my riding mower probably close to how much Hank loves his, lol!

Offline FoolBornUnicorn

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 03:22:34 PM »
Love King of the Hill! Aisle 8A is one of my favorites! ^.^
I also like the pilot, when hank yells "respect my fences right to be a fence."  :lol:

Offline SilverRains

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 04:04:50 PM »
I love this show. I especially love the quality of animation. The characters, the vehicles, everything in the backgrounds, it's all full of meticulous detail!

If the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.
Wishlist ~ Art

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 05:28:25 PM »
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh-yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.  Un-huh.  *nods head*
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 05:33:38 PM »
That is my favorite "cartoon for adults"!  Hank is probably my favorite cartoon character, period.  He's just so darn proud of his job selling propane and propane accessories. 

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 05:43:40 PM »
I love King of the Hill. My parents complain every night when I go to watch it, but they laugh at it too. I love Aisle 8A. Poor Connie, being sent down the aisle herself. I think my favorites are Hank, Bobby, and the Souphanousinphones. I just recently saw the final episode, and I loved it.

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2013, 05:49:51 PM »
Simply put: Yep.

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2013, 06:12:25 PM »
Yep. Gotta get me one of them fix it again tony's... Hank,  Boomhauer and dale are my favorites.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2013, 07:42:43 PM »
Yes! I'm usually very picky on animation, but I love the show. I watch it every day on Netflix while eating my lunch if I work at home. Today I watched the one where an archaeologist comes to dig in their yard. I just watched "Hilloween" the other day, with Junie Harper and the banning of Halloween.

My favorites..

Where Kahn sings karoake
When Bobby has an improv company touring about propane
The manger babies, LOL

My favorites are Kahn, Connie, Bobby, Peggy, Bill, Nancy, John Redcorn, Luann. I hate Hank's dad and stepmother!
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Minty_Magic

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2013, 09:48:06 PM »
I remember I didn't like King of the Hill for a while, but I guess my tastes have changed because I gave it another chance a few weeks ago and I'm hooked. :P I really love how subtle the humor in it is, it's easy to miss so I guess that might be why I didn't like it originally. The writing is great as well, everyone's interactions just feel so genuine. <3 I think my favorite characters are Bobby, Hank, Peggy, and Dale.

Thank you to Squarepeg for my avatar!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2013, 10:11:46 PM »
I love King of the Hill.  Love it.  I've seen every episode maybe twice or three times.  One of my favorites is when Hank moons former governor Ann Richards and she ends up dating Bill.  XD

I have a real life mirror to the show.  My dad is exactly Hank Hill, down to his mannerisms and attitudes towards everything.  It's hilarious - when I watch it, I'm watching my dad.

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline TwistedWindSox

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 10:31:16 PM »
I loooove King of the Hill. I recently got my dad in to watching it too! I haven't seen to much of it, but it's definitely one of my favourite shows. :)

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 10:33:24 PM »
I remember I didn't like King of the Hill for a while, but I guess my tastes have changed because I gave it another chance a few weeks ago and I'm hooked. :P I really love how subtle the humor in it is, it's easy to miss so I guess that might be why I didn't like it originally. The writing is great as well, everyone's interactions just feel so genuine. <3 I think my favorite characters are Bobby, Hank, Peggy, and Dale.

I was the same. My parents talked about how it wasn't funny, so as a kid I was like "oh, yeah, it's a boring show." I got back into it a few months ago.

Naked Amibition was on tonight, I love when Connie exposes her pajamas to the boys, and when she tells Bobby his body is pretty.

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2013, 02:18:55 AM »
I've seen a few episodes, seems interesting enough but I've not really watched enough to make a big judgement.

Seems like it'll be more entertaining than Family Guy, which I used to like but it took a real big nose dive in recent seasons.

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal