collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Wal-Mart shoppers and their carts...  (Read 905 times)

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Wal-Mart shoppers and their carts...
« on: August 04, 2013, 05:56:41 PM »
Every time I go to Walmart, there are shopping carts all over the parking lot blocking spaces.  Several times I've come out to find my car completely surrounded by them to where I can't get out until I move all the carts away!  Yesterday I found one that was completely tipped over onto its side and left there, so I couldn't resist taking a picture and making this image:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
Re: Wal-Mart shoppers and their carts...
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 06:01:04 PM »
Good lord! I hate it when there left all over the place!!! It does not take much to push it to a cart thing. A lot of people are just lazy!!! But I am not going to get into that. 

Oh and having thing around your car!!! Are they touching your car?  I part out in the middle of no were so I do not get door dings on my car. I hate it when I come out and I have cars all around me!!! Serious!!!!!  And it always seems to be big trucks and SUV's so then I can not see anything when I am backing out!  LOL

Eaglefeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 06:52:43 PM »
That shopping cart business frustrates me too. It's not difficult at all to push the cart into one of those cart-returns in the parking lot, even if you are in a rush. Sometimes I even see carts scattered around the neighborhood behind the Walmart I go to.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 07:18:06 PM »
You hit the nail there Eaglefeather!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 07:27:45 PM »
I have honestly never seen a person in the parking lot collecting carts at ours... I worked at a similar store, "meijer" I was a cashier but my boyfriend at the time, who was too young to work as a cashier, his job was specifically to collect carts... there was a LOT of people who had this job xD so there was hardly ever carts just scattered around the parking lot, and rarely ever did the corrals fill up, unless it was a holiday.

so when I go to Wall-mart, im always annoyed with their shopping cats littered EVERYWHER... yesterday, I actually had to drive around one IN the driving lane in the parking lot. On one hand, I dont know why people cant walk a few feet to put them back, I ALWAYS do, and if im close enough, ill even bring it back inside. on the other hand I dont know why they dont have enough people working outside to clean the place up. twice last year I left the store only to find that a cart had been let loose upon my car and iv still got the dents and scratches to prove it. :/ I always park in the very back now. *rant over*
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2013, 07:39:54 PM »
Oh I see this at Target alllll the time. I drive a super small car (a VW Beetle) and even I have problems getting out when surrounded by carts!

I always return the carts to the cart dock things. It keeps the parking lot tidy and it annoys what I call the "parking spot sharks;" those people that sit behind you, wait for your parking spot no matter how long it takes for you to load your car, and hold up people behind them.

Duster reference]

Offline skyrocketneko

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Sometimes I like to play with lizards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2013, 07:48:50 PM »
That's why I park as far as possible from the store. It's more likely that the lazy people that can't push carts also are too lazy to walk that far into the store.

CLICK ON CELESTIA FOR TONS OF SALES!

Offline melipuffles

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2013, 09:07:46 PM »
My Wal-Mart has a lot of cart pushers, and so they don't have carts just littered around.

What I can't stand however, is when people (usually very,very, obese people) take the motorized carts that are for disabled and injured people, and then drive them outside and leave them there (they're not supposed to go outside!).

These same people I've found to be the exact stereotype of "the fat redneck American" and they're usually rude, loud, and obnoxious.

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2013, 09:13:42 PM »
I intentionally park close to the cart return, rather than necessarily near the entrance. I know I will be lazy by the time I am done shopping. :lol:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline OLumeVaSti

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Grumpy Nesmith should be the next meme.
    • View Profile
    • My Want List
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 09:14:25 PM »
A lot of things about Wal-Mart irk me. But that is a different thread.   >_<  I can't stand it when you think you have a nice parking spot and you go to turn in and BAM! there is a shopping cart in your way.  I kind of think that if they would be like Aldi's and have the quarter return on their carts it would maybe fix the problem a little bit. But that in itself could be annoying.

My Etsy store for vintage and kitsch items.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 09:35:19 PM »
I intentionally park close to the cart return, rather than necessarily near the entrance. I know I will be lazy by the time I am done shopping. :lol:

you are brave! xD its been my experience that there are lots of people who go "half way" meaning they think that so long as the cart is touching the return, its good enough. meaning carts are free to blow around, get shoved to the side and in the end most likely smash into my car xD

i also saw.. im not even exaggerating, an employee.. he Pushed a cart from across the parking lot meaning for it to go into the return, instead it swerved at the last minute and smashed into my car, I was running to try and stop it and he just stood there with his hands in the air, said "sorry" and went on his way... needless to say i had a fun chat with a manager... and THAT is why i dont park next to the return area xD

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2013, 09:36:04 PM »
Carts are no match for my front bumper! I dare someone to run a cart into me at Wal-mart... ;)

WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2013, 09:37:33 PM »
OK from now on im taking your vehicle every time i have to go grocery shopping! xD

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2013, 10:08:48 PM »
This is one of my biggest pet peeves.  Seriously.  Walmart puts like, eighty cart returns in the parking lot, and people are THAT lazy?

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2013, 03:56:59 AM »
This is one of my biggest pet peeves.  Seriously.  Walmart puts like, eighty cart returns in the parking lot, and people are THAT lazy?

LOL I totally agree :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal