collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 12th Doctor Who is revealed!  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Malancaiwen

• Celtic pony
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: 12th Doctor Who is revealed!
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2013, 06:06:04 AM »
but the other doctors produced way more shows that he did. Also a timelord can only have 12 regenarations. They can get a new set but since the timelords and gallifray are gone then this will be the last dr who.

I had friends speculating that as he is "the doctor" maybe he'll have a special treatment towards regenerations?

I love Tennant as the doctor, Matt Smith looked a bit pale in comparison but was ok. Capaldi looks like he could make another charismatic amazing doctor :3 Can't wait to see his clothing style too btw!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2013, 08:00:01 AM »
but the other doctors produced way more shows that he did. In the past we would get several seasons a year Now we get one. That is why I will  no longer watch it.

Yes, compared to some of the classic doctors Smith has had comparatively few episodes, but that's the series as a whole. As a whole the Dr Who series has scaled back with fewer episodes and seasons per year since the 80's- that's nothing to do with Matt Smith, which is what you originally said. Smith has had a longer run (episode wise) than  the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th doctors and about the same as the 10th.

Anyway, I promise I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, your original statement just seemed pretty strange to me given the facts. I've seen people in various other places make similar comments so I'm just trying to understand why people would say that. It sounds to me like you dislike the limited episodes as a whole, which is fine and understandable if you don't like the direction that's gone in the past few decades. But it seems odd to me to dislike Matt Smith for "abandon[ing] the role after such a short time" because that's just not the case.

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2013, 11:15:09 PM »
There's a joke about time travel to be made here.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2013, 12:14:30 AM »
Ewww..he is Ugly an Old. I thought the Dr was supposed to get younger as he regenerated...not older
I also wasnt a fan of matt smith either...I think it was his hair.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 12:16:24 AM by tikibirds »

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2013, 12:29:14 AM »
Ewww..he is Ugly an Old.

Sorry but if I was Peter Capaldi and would read this I would be hurt...    :nope:
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2013, 01:07:09 AM »
Ewww..he is Ugly an Old.

Sorry but if I was Peter Capaldi and would read this I would be hurt...    :nope:

Or laugh and laugh and decide to stay Doctor for years (or months, if that's how you reckon time)
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2013, 02:58:30 AM »
but the other doctors produced way more shows that he did. In the past we would get several seasons a year Now we get one. That is why I will  no longer watch it.

Yes, compared to some of the classic doctors Smith has had comparatively few episodes, but that's the series as a whole. As a whole the Dr Who series has scaled back with fewer episodes and seasons per year since the 80's- that's nothing to do with Matt Smith, which is what you originally said. Smith has had a longer run (episode wise) than  the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th doctors and about the same as the 10th.

Anyway, I promise I'm not trying to start an argument or anything, your original statement just seemed pretty strange to me given the facts. I've seen people in various other places make similar comments so I'm just trying to understand why people would say that. It sounds to me like you dislike the limited episodes as a whole, which is fine and understandable if you don't like the direction that's gone in the past few decades. But it seems odd to me to dislike Matt Smith for "abandon[ing] the role after such a short time" because that's just not the case.

Also as an aside...its a BBC show after all. Putting aside the fact it is Dr Who, the BBC does not do traditional full 22-24 episode series in the same way as most big US shows do. Production runs tend to be 13 episodes at the very most and often much shorter. In fact outside the long running soap operas on the Beeb, Dr Who gets one of the longest running series every year.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline WildBlue

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Possibly maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2013, 03:03:36 AM »
Spoilers!!
j/k
Oh man, I am so far behind on my Who. I have some catching up to do. A new doctor already?!!? It seems so soon, but not really I guess.

Offline SALTY5621

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Tastes good in your mouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2013, 03:50:39 AM »
*sigh* nope. im done. i just... i cant. the 50th anniversary special will be my final venture into the marvelous universe of Doctor Who. its just deteriorated in recent years. i wish you Whovians best, but this is goodbye

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2013, 07:12:27 AM »
Ewww..he is Ugly an Old. I thought the Dr was supposed to get younger as he regenerated...not older

There has never been any "rule" of regeneration that says the doctor gets younger. We've had doctors of all ages. If someone's only  criteria for liking a doctor is that he's young and good looking then they're watching the show for all the wrong reasons.

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2013, 10:09:30 AM »
I never understand people saying "he has to get younger!" what, you think by regen 16 he'll be 8 years old? Kinda crazy, don't you think? I always understood the regens to be random. Personally I look forward to the new doc. I was never a fan of Matt Smith (found him to be too much of an arrogant jerk), so I welcome an older, possibly wiser doctor again.  As for the 12 regen rule, I think they tossed that out quite awhile ago saying that it's a suggestion, not a rule. Like you CAN break it, but there could be problems.

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2013, 10:43:18 AM »
Honestly, anyone who carries on about the doctor not being hot enough, or giving up without even giving it a chance obviously aren't fans of the show, so I don't know why they feel the need to make so much noise.  Just don't watch it, no one cares.

Offline SALTY5621

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Tastes good in your mouth
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2013, 06:11:56 AM »
Honestly, anyone who carries on about the doctor not being hot enough, or giving up without even giving it a chance obviously aren't fans of the show, so I don't know why they feel the need to make so much noise.  Just don't watch it, no one cares.

my reason is valid. ive lost all passion for the show. and its not because the new Doctor is 'older' or 'uglier' (seriously thats so rude to say. people like that make me so mad). its because the plots have become lazy. it doesnt even feel like theyre trying anymore. of course ill still rewatch the older Doctors (im rather fond of 1, 3, 7, 8, 9, and 10) but i wont be watching the new series

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal