collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unfair feedback left by a new eBayer  (Read 1173 times)

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
Unfair feedback left by a new eBayer
« on: August 03, 2013, 02:49:22 PM »
I just got an unfair neutral by a new buyer that has 5 feedbacks on eBay. I would suggest blocking this person from buying from you before ending up with this problem. I described a pony that has problems, with pics of course:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rose-My-Little-Pony-Pegasus-Firefly-2-EXCELLENT-glittery-symbols-G1-/141017092357

And of course you can see the marks in the picture. The feedback was: "Product arrived quickly, a little gruffer than I expected." and the buyer never contacted me about it before leaving feedback.

So, I recommend blocking bmcgeoug1120 before dealing with this person.

Offline Rhubarbpie

• Trade Count: (+70)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Unfair feedback left by a new eBayer
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 02:56:48 PM »
Its likely they didn't know exactly what neutral meant.  I used to class a normal transaction with no communication just buying and sending as neutral.  Of course that changed now  :blush:

S/he really should have contacted you if they had an issue though before leaving feedback.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 03:05:53 PM »
Its likely they didn't know exactly what neutral meant.  I used to class a normal transaction with no communication just buying and sending as neutral.  Of course that changed now  :blush:

S/he really should have contacted you if they had an issue though before leaving feedback.

I agree and I contacted eBay about it, so since they increased their feedback protection for top sellers MAYBE they'll do something. We'll see.

Stormpony

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2013, 03:40:09 PM »
Looking through your auctions maybe you need to change your listings to 'very good' condition rather than 'Near mint'. If i were purchasing a 'near mint' pony i wouldnt expect her to have marks on her body. Maybe change it just so there is no confusion in the future. I do agree she most definately should have contacted you before leaving feedback

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2013, 04:05:42 PM »
Looking through your auctions maybe you need to change your listings to 'very good' condition rather than 'Near mint'. If i were purchasing a 'near mint' pony i wouldnt expect her to have marks on her body. Maybe change it just so there is no confusion in the future. I do agree she most definately should have contacted you before leaving feedback

That auction wasn't near mint. And I describe them as I see appropriate. The near mint auctions the marks if there are any are so insignificant I only bring it up because I am super picky myself and want to mention it because I would want any little thing mentioned. And that is why I have descriptions. Because what I think of as near mint or close to perfect you think of as perfect.

Post Merge: August 03, 2013, 04:09:26 PM

Besides, MINT means nothing wrong, not near mint. And it is extremely rare to find a perfect pony.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 04:13:25 PM by bluerose9978 »

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2013, 04:39:01 PM »
Thanks for letting us know!  :(
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 04:43:33 PM »
In looking at  your auction you did mention marks and stuff and the picture does show the symbol glitter loss.  I didn't see you mention near mint in that auction.  That really doesn't matter because the issue is the buyer should have contacted your first to give you a chance to make that right with them.  Since they didn't give you any chance and just left that feedback; I feel you are justified to be upset regardless of the wording in your auctions.  I am really sorry that happened.  Since they have such a low feedback they probably do not realize that what they did was not right.   Have you tried contacting them to gently ask them why they didn't contact you first before leaving feedback to give you chance to fix things? 

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 04:53:00 PM »
In looking at  your auction you did mention marks and stuff and the picture does show the symbol glitter loss.  I didn't see you mention near mint in that auction.  That really doesn't matter because the issue is the buyer should have contacted your first to give you a chance to make that right with them.  Since they didn't give you any chance and just left that feedback; I feel you are justified to be upset regardless of the wording in your auctions.  I am really sorry that happened.  Since they have such a low feedback they probably do not realize that what they did was not right.   Have you tried contacting them to gently ask them why they didn't contact you first before leaving feedback to give you chance to fix things? 

I haven't contacted them yet. I contacted eBay and decided to see if they would respond first with a solution. If not, I will try the buyer. I just figured if they didn't contact me first, they would have some kind of excuse. I'm guessing they want to keep the pony having not even tried to work out a solution. I just think they could have said something. I would have taken a return if they were incredibly unhappy.

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 08:30:09 PM »
I am sorry that this happened to you. I hope that it gets fixed. I do not like dealing with people that are like this. :(

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 07:10:23 AM »
I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. Its probably a newbie mistake - she assumed the neutral isnt anything bad and possibly didnt even think to contact you, although she should have done so before leaving anything except positive feedback :( . I would definitely send her a polite message about a solution (unless of course ebay responds to you and sorts it out). She might revise the feedback then too.

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2013, 08:07:42 AM »
I'm sorry you're having to deal with this. Its probably a newbie mistake - she assumed the neutral isnt anything bad and possibly didnt even think to contact you, although she should have done so before leaving anything except positive feedback :( . I would definitely send her a polite message about a solution (unless of course ebay responds to you and sorts it out). She might revise the feedback then too.

My guess is she doesn't think it's bad either, which is why I'm hesitant to contact her. It means she didn't take the time to inform herself about the feedback system and if I contact her, it's only going to hit a brick wall. An informed person would have left a positive and then just not left 5 stars, even though everything was described and pictured. So I'm going to first try chatting someone on eBay and if that doesn't work, call them. I already reported buyer's feedback.

Offline melon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2013, 06:09:05 AM »
I hope ebay would be able to help you out on this... I had a buyer who backed out and instead of messaging me, left me a neutral telling me she bidded on my auction by mistake :(

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2013, 06:29:26 AM »
I hope ebay would be able to help you out on this... I had a buyer who backed out and instead of messaging me, left me a neutral telling me she bidded on my auction by mistake :(

I had that happen before too, but they messaged me instead of leaving me a neutral asking if I could cancel their bid, which I did. I hope eBay removed your neutral, because that just wasn't fair of your buyer. EBay told me it'll take 24-48 hours for the neutral to come off, so we'll see. The guy was really nice and said he found enough evidence to remove it from the information in my auction and my previous feedbacks and the fact that she is a new buyer who doesn't seem to understand the feedback system yet. He gave me a reference number in case it isn't removed in that time frame to call back.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 08:33:52 AM »
Oh this is good news Bluerose. Glad they are attempting to get this issue right at least.  Here is hoping you will not have to remind them.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 08:37:36 AM »
It's been 48 hours and it's still there, so I will have to give them another call.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal