collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Where have all the Wave 6 Blind Bags gone? Chat about any ponies you can't find  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
Did I fall asleep or did the wave 6 blind bags really not get released in the US?  I was excited to finally see wave 7 and 8 finally come out and realized I never saw wave 6!  Which actually had more ponies I liked in it than 7 and 8.  Anyone in the US seen them?  Also did the 3 un-named flower fillies ever come out anywhere?   Who else can't find certain ponies that should have come out by now?  And help from anyone that's seem them would be great!   :)

Oh, and here's some info, I found Wave 8 at the Dollar General store for $2.50, hanging on peg hooks.  Not sure if they have always been selling at DG and just never noticed or not, so I thought I'd let y'all know.
Its irritating that blind bags went from $2 to $2.50.  It makes me not want to buy as many any more.
~~~Me and My FiM Family~~~
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Sales Thread     My deviantART Page

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
In Canada they run 4-5$ each depending on the store :( never saw wave 6 here either!

pallas

• Trade Count: (0)
Wow, if wave 6 is the 3-d gem wave I just saw it at Dollar General at the beginning of the July when I was visiting a friend in ABQ, New Mexico. 

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I have most of wave 6 from the internet, but I was wondering the same thing! Maybe they'll end up in Toys R Us after they finish with 5. Wave 5 ended up in Target/Walmart for me actually after 8, so don't lose hope!

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
In Canada they run 4-5$ each depending on the store :( never saw wave 6 here either!
:shocked:  Wow!  I would only buy one or 2 here and there at that price.   Have you ever tried buying a bunch at once from someone over here to get them cheaper?  The extra shipping cost wouldn't even come close to the extra you would have to pay at the store.  (At least I'm pretty sure it wouldn't, depending on how many you bought)   I would be willing if you couldn't find anyone in the "For sale - For Auction" section.

Post Merge: August 01, 2013, 11:57:36 PM

Wow, if wave 6 is the 3-d gem wave I just saw it at Dollar General at the beginning of the July when I was visiting a friend in ABQ, New Mexico. 

Yes, that's them!  So maybe they'll be around soon, I hope.

I have most of wave 6 from the internet, but I was wondering the same thing! Maybe they'll end up in Toys R Us after they finish with 5. Wave 5 ended up in Target/Walmart for me actually after 8, so don't lose hope!
Yeah, I think I only found 2 boxes of wave 5 a couple of months ago.  I wish I had bought a few more then.  I really want Golden delicious!  I'll have to keep looking.  :fingers crossed:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 11:57:36 PM by Gypsy_Nights »

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
I only saw wave 8 for about two weeks, at my local Wal-mart. And that was last month. There now back to wave 7, which is hit and miss. Prior to that it was wave 4 and that's it.

So when I find them, I buy two or three bags. I've given up trying to collect an entire wave. Given how hit and miss finding them are. I randomly found two wave 5 bags at Hot Topic back in early May. Cost wise, at Wal-mart they now sell for $2.47 each. Hot Topic will set you back $5 a pop.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

pallas

• Trade Count: (0)
I am not a huge blind bag collector but they seemed to keep the glitter blue bags forever and have only finally just begun to move  on to new waves.  Saw the princess wave at TRU and some targets a while back, the neon and translucent waves have been and are at target and walmart for 2.99-3.19 and 2.47. 

I don't have any DG's close to me so I can't say what's in stock atm but I went looking for some GI Joes and ended up getting chance-a-lot, twilight velvet and Trixie think they were 2.50.  I got extras so pm me if you are looking for those two gals.  The only problem getting them there is that they are pegged so you have to take them all down to check numbers and then return them to peg once you are done, much easier just sorting through box.  Now I am wondering where the all the wave 6's went, DG isn't big enough to be the only retailer, I wonder if they will show up at Tuesday Morning or another discounter.   

Also I picked up the glitter rainbow target set on clearance for 4.xx today. 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 01:36:21 AM by pallas »

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
I've seen the wave 6 blind bags at Walmart a few times before they moved back to wave 4 (one store actually had six full boxes of that wave at one time), then to wave 7. But I've only seen the wave 5 at Walmart once in comparison.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
I have the weirdest feeling a lot of stores may have over stocked on Wave 4 and therefore missed some of 5, 6 and even 7. They have certainly all been released in the US but due to stock levels at individual shows and DCs it will vary which store has which wave at which time.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sanadaookami

• Trade Count: (+63)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
I saw them a few months back but they only stocked at my local Walmart once (happy I just bought the whole box so I haven't' missed anyone!) I never saw that wave anywhere else...

Offline sheena

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
I never saw wave 6 in stores here either. They all have 4,5,7 or 8.  It is making it hard to get them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Gypsy_Nights

• Bay Breeze Pony
  • Absolute Night Owl!
    • View Profile
Yeah the 3 stores I visit regularly to check had nothing but the glitter wave  for about a month & a half straight.  Maybe longer. I wonder if Hasbro made way more of them than the other waves. 

Does anyone know if the 3 un-named flower fillies ever came out? The ones that were displayed at that toy fair a while back.  Did they end up being just prototypes?  I haven't seen them in stores or eBay.

Offline Snapdragon

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
I never, ever found Wave 6 in stores for more than a day. Seriously. I found a box that had two bags left in it, and then I never ever saw them again, ever. I even made a thread about it here and everything! I ended up buying them from an eBay seller! >_<
Commissions and sales are currently closed due to pandemic.~*~Sales!~*~Want List ~*~JAFFACAKE!

Offline SilverRains

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
I never came across any wave 6 at all! My local Wal*Mart just has an empty box from wave 4, and everyone else has 5 or 7. I wasn't even sure that they released wave 6 in America until I saw this thread.

If the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.
Wishlist ~ Art

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
There are three waves of blind bags that I've never seen in stores: 5, 6 & 8. I ended up having to buy the wave 5 & 6 ponies I wanted from members here. I'm still holding out hope that I'll find the wave 8 blind bags as soon as Target or Walmart reset.

Other than blind bags, Sunset Shimmer is the only other pony that keeps eluding me. I'm still hoping I can find her, because I refuse to pay double retail price for her (plus shipping, which I hate paying if I can avoid it) but I think my chances are fairly good since my area tends to get stuff later and doesn't sell out too quickly. At this point, I haven't seen any of the mask ponies locally, so I haven't missed them yet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal