collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Unclaimed payment issue *Still unresolved*  (Read 969 times)

Offline Glacia471

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Unclaimed payment issue *Still unresolved*
« on: July 31, 2013, 03:54:01 PM »
Why can't ebay check to make sure people have valid paypal accounts when they sign up, or even when they list items, seriously?? :throw: (side note, this is probably the 4th or 5th time I've had problems with sellers not having valid paypal addys)

Ok, really though, I bought a DS game earlier today, paid immediately and the payment went into the limbo that is 'processing'. When I check my paypal account for details of the transaction, the payment that I sent the seller is 'unclaimed', and the seller is an 'unregistered' paypal user. The seller has 0 feedback, registered with ebay in February. I'm not concerned about getting my money back, all I have to do is cancel the payment and I'll get it back in a day or so, but it's just frustrating  :huh: If I contact the seller about this, will it open a case like I've read about in other threads?(I don't want to accidentally open a case) Or is this something that has to do with ebay holding their funds because they're a new seller? :what: Any advice would be appreciated :good:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 09:44:45 PM by Glacia471 »

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Unclaimed payment issue
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 04:00:07 PM »
That's very weird- I didn't think you could get an ebay account these days if you didn't have a valid paypal account.  I wonder if the seller had his account shut down-  very odd.

Offline Moony

• The big wolf on campus!
  • Trade Count: (+140)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 04:01:25 PM »
I had this happen to me a few months ago. Coincidentally I was buying a DS game lol. I emailed the seller twice about it and received no response. I received the game a few days later (about two weeks after I bought it) and the payment remained unclaimed. Paypal eventually refunded me the money and the seller just never replied. I would send the seller a note and ask if they have a different paypal address or if they could go into their accpunt and "accept" the payment.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks Whippetluv!

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 04:50:36 PM »
I have had this happen a couple of times too. 
I just don't get it, I guess pay pal and ebay don't communicate too well even though ebay owns pay pal.
The last time the seller kept saying it was getting squared away.
I finally just cancelled it before the 45 day's went past. 
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 05:36:29 PM »
Yea their email is wrong and its such a simple thing to fix but some of these people are just clueless with these issues.

Post Merge: July 31, 2013, 05:38:10 PM

So, the paypal account is valid, there is an issue with the email which people change all of the time and never think to fix the ebay/paypal when they do.  Worse case its someone wanting private information, but that wouldn't make sense if they actually sent an item.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 05:38:10 PM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Ghost

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 07:14:30 PM »
If you want to contact them without opening a case then you have to chose other as the reason for contact.  That's what I've seen others say and experienced myself, but who knows if eBay messed with that as well since the last time I used it.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 03:20:52 AM »
Ghost is right, just make sure you choose other when contacting them or it will automatically open a case.

I have yet to have this happen to me but I would be annoyed.  It's usually a simple fix on the sellers part too. So I hope you can get it figured out or should I say, they get it figured out.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 04:25:30 AM »
*Nods with everyone* Just click "other" when PMing them and let them know there email isn't correct and needs to be fixed through account settings on ebay. I recently purchased a pony from a new seller and payment wasn't claimed. I contacted the seller about it several times before they finally responded. I was afraid a case would be opened on me. They did indeed type it in wrong. The "period" was misplaced. Good luck!

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Glacia471

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 06:05:36 AM »
Thanks :) I was definitely worried about unintentionally opening a case (I don't understand ebay's decision on that change). I checked just now and the payment was still in limbo, so I sent them a message asking if they could double check their paypal address that ebay has. Hopefully this will be resolved quickly :awake:

Post Merge: August 01, 2013, 10:38:31 PM

8-02-13 update-
Well, yesterday morning they replied to my message. Their reply was "sure :)". Haven't seen any changes with my payment going through or anything, or heard back from them on if there was a problem/they resolved it. Should I cancel my payment and try to resend it? Or do I wait for a response from them on if they cleared up the issue with ebay?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 10:39:27 PM by Glacia471 »

Offline Glacia471

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2013, 08:56:27 AM »
Still no change with the payment or word back from the seller :(

Offline Glacia471

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 01:17:38 PM »
Still no response :( I sent them a message asking to cancel the transaction a few days ago and haven't heard a thing. Ebay won't let me open a case because I 'haven't paid', even though I have sent payment. :throw: I don't know where to go from here...

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
Re: Unclaimed payment issue *Still unresolved*
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2013, 08:48:03 AM »
If I was you at this point, I would go ahead and cancel the payment. It's going on a month with no resolve so that pretty much tells me they have no interest in figuring it out.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Glacia471

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 12:24:08 PM »
Would they be able to open up a NPB case against me? That's my only concern with cancelling it :(

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 01:55:44 PM »
If they did open a case you can have ebay review your case and see that you clearly sent payment that was never claimed. Also they will view all your messages and know that you were making contact but being ignored. I'd PM your seller and let them know that the payment still remains unclaimed and you have cancelled the payment through paypal and once they get everything figured out, please resend the invoice.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 04:19:40 PM »
I probably wouldn't worry about them opening a case. Like Pops already mentioned you have proof you paid and the emails to prove she knew there was a problem on her end.

My concern is even if she figures it out, will you have as many issues getting your item too? It's a chance I wouldn't want to take especially since she has 0 feedback. I really think your dodging the bullet here.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal