collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Arena Feedback?  (Read 1876 times)

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
Re: Arena Feedback?
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 05:15:50 AM »
Do you think it would be wrong to ask for feedback when the sales happened in january or even before that? Its a long time, I just never thought it would be ok to ask..   :(

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 08:18:47 AM »
Do you think it would be wrong to ask for feedback when the sales happened in january or even before that? Its a long time, I just never thought it would be ok to ask..   :(

I don't think that would be wrong at all. You might have to remind the person what you bought/sold when you ask for the feedback, but I think that'd be ok. ^-^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 08:21:00 AM »
Ooops-  I think I am one of those people who forgets- I TRY to remember to do it right away, but if I don't do it the second that I send off my pony or do the purchase- I so very often forget entirely.

PLEASE PLEASE send me a reminder if I forget you ?!

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 08:41:57 AM »
I've probably forgotten to leave feedback in the past, but I do think it's important, as it's a vital part of an online community like this.

Most people I've dealt with has left feedback, but if someone forgets, I normally shoot them a PM just to check if everything was ok with the transaction etc, and I don't think that's being pushy. After all I want the other person to be happy, and if I've done my upmost I think I deserve that feedback.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 09:12:41 AM »
I tend to forget until someone leaves feedback for me. Then I try to feedback right away before I forget again! So I don't mind if someone shoots me a pm to remind me. I have a lot of sales going on at once.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 09:14:52 AM »
I have kind of been surprised at the number of people that give and receive swap gifts from others and do not leave feedback.  I know when I don't get feedback for a swap, when I went to a lot of time, effort and expense to make a very nice box..that hurts.  Its one thing to acknowledge it on a brag, but to not leave feedback really sends a negative message to the other person.  Maybe that person forgot, but the message will still be the same.  I even see swap hosts remind everyone to leave feedback and still others don't get theirs. :(
With sales, I have made an effort to always leave feedback, but there are many sellers here that if anything doesn't go quite like they want, they will not return feedback.  Like say an item is poorly described and me as a buyer has to mention it. Well, the trend here is I will not receive feedback...even though I paid quickly and did my part.   This has happened to me at least on 4 different occasions during my membership here.  I would think nothing of it had it not been for all 4 of those cases were the same...poorly described items with serious flaws not mentioned...I leave positive feedback when we work it out....no feedback left for me.  Not a coincidence.  Feedback should not be withheld from a buyer just because an item was poorly described.  That is not their fault. If they are nice about it then it should and still can end up being a positive transaction.
I guess since feedback is voluntary its really up to us to leave it. I see nothing wrong with asking for feedback in a PM, but it should never have to be that way.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:19:57 AM by tulagirl »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 09:19:54 AM »
Yep, I agree completely Tula!

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2013, 11:31:36 AM »
I am horrible at remembering to leave feedback so I highly encourage people to remind me! I think it's a bit unfair to vilify people who don't leave feedback. I'm sure there are cases where people intentionally do not leave feedback, but I'd bet that most of the time it's certainly not anything personal and it's just because of being busy and forgetful.

Offline Ponyfan

• Trade Count: (+39)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2013, 11:58:49 AM »
I've only had a few tranactions on the Arena so far, but I have had a lot on the Trading Post.  When the items I bought arrive I usually send a PM letting the seller know they've arrived and that I've left feedback. I guess I've been lucky that only one person that I bought from didn't leave feedback for me.

I didn't know that it was okay to ask for feedback. That's good to know. :) I just thought if someone didn't leave you feedback that you couldn't ask them to leave it for you.

Ponyfan

Thank you SDS for my avatar and sig

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2013, 02:05:04 PM »
Put me in the group that forgets but doesn't mean to. I always PM people to let them know I've gotten whatever I purchased from them and mean to leave feedback but I don't always remember to do it right away. I'm happy to leave feedback and don't mind being reminded to if I've forgotten :)

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2013, 02:24:08 PM »

I don't think that would be wrong at all. You might have to remind the person what you bought/sold when you ask for the feedback, but I think that'd be ok. ^-^

Thanks :) I just PM'd those who didnt leave me feedback. I know I should have done it a long time ago, I was just so afraid people would think its rude.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2013, 04:11:13 PM »

I am horrible at remembering to leave feedback so I highly encourage people to remind me! I think it's a bit unfair to vilify people who don't leave feedback. I'm sure there are cases where people intentionally do not leave feedback, but I'd bet that most of the time it's certainly not anything personal and it's just because of being busy and forgetful.
I agree with this.

With sales, I have made an effort to always leave feedback, but there are many sellers here that if anything doesn't go quite like they want, they will not return feedback.  Like say an item is poorly described and me as a buyer has to mention it. Well, the trend here is I will not receive feedback...even though I paid quickly and did my part.   This has happened to me at least on 4 different occasions during my membership here.  I would think nothing of it had it not been for all 4 of those cases were the same...poorly described items with serious flaws not mentioned...I leave positive feedback when we work it out....no feedback left for me.  Not a coincidence.  Feedback should not be withheld from a buyer just because an item was poorly described.  That is not their fault. If they are nice about it then it should and still can end up being a positive transaction.

This is just a guess based on your description-  not passing judgment on either you or the persons you traded with- but isn't it possible that those sellers who did not leave positive feedback after you had had some problems in a transaction-  did not in fact view the transaction as positive?  Maybe they felt like you were unfair or mean- and chose not to leave any feedback rather than neutral or worse.  Just a thought.  I know that when I have a negative experience- it has to be PRETTY bad for me to leave an actual negative (and have never done so on the arena)- but not leaving any feedback at all is I think a kinder alternative...

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2013, 04:02:05 PM »
No Galactica that is not the case with me.  I am super nice with sellers.

Please refrain from editing your post just because a Mod warning was put in place~ :heart: PonyLady
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 04:08:36 AM by ponylady »

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2013, 04:08:30 PM »
Let's keep this on topic, please! Thank you!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2013, 05:24:42 PM »
No Galactica that is not the case with me.  I am super nice with sellers.

Maybe just lazy or inattentive then-

Honestly as someone who tries REALLY HARD not to forget- I would certainly appreciate a reminder if someone did slip through the cracks. 

I guess I'd reiterate to the OP and anyone-  don't feel like it's being rude to send a reminder- sometimes it is hard to keep track of what transactions you might not have posted feedback on.  For ebay it's so easy- but it's a little harder when you are buying and selling and trading all the time. 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal