collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did you "Abuse" Your Toys?  (Read 2645 times)

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
Re: Did you "Abuse" Your Toys?
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2013, 10:58:40 AM »
Despite being a little spoiled and having lots of toys, I was pretty careful with most of mine. I had one small doll (Melanie's Mall) that for some reason I would abuse by doing things like wrapping her into the spokes of my bike and riding around, or spinning her around in the air attached to a dog leash (and it's not because I didn't like her - I had a lot of those dolls and I LOVED them). But other than her, I can't think of any instance where I intentionally damaged a toy. When I acquired ponies in good condition I was pretty careful to keep them that way. I never took scissors or markers to my toys that I'm aware of. I had plenty of fun while still being careful when I played. =)
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2013, 11:06:19 AM »
I'd give my ponies haircuts rarely but my barbies got it worse. My favorite activity with barbies was ripping off their heads and rolling them down the stairs.

My Pokemon figures and legos I treated very well along with my childhood N64. I saved up to buy it and I still have it in working but dusty condition.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Duster reference]

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2013, 11:11:00 AM »
I grew up without a lot, and I knew from a young age that we didn't have money for toys. I treated my playthings like they were made of glass. No markers or haircuts or anything. I had a little girl rip some of my dolls' clothes once (those rubbery outfits that Polly Pockets have) and I was so upset because I took such good care of those things.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2013, 11:14:44 AM »
I put eyeshadow on my G3 ponies from time to time, and I tell ya, they look good  ;)
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2013, 11:57:53 AM »
I would say that having grown up as an only child and only grandchild, I was definitely spolied with toys. I should also mention that I was a complete tomboy, I remember being chased around for hours screaming because I didn't want to put on a dress.
I had tons of tranformers, gi joes, tmnt etc that I played with just fine...
But as far as my girly toys were concerned, I wouldn't so much call it abuse, more like modfications lol.
I don't ever remember doing anything to any toys except for barbie. I despised that barbie was perfect and had long blonde hair. I thought she would look better with a pixie cut, or tattoos and piercings, darker makeup, pretty much anything punky and different from what barbie represented to me.
I used to get yelled at for doing it, but I just felt like barbie should've been more diverse lol.
I don't have any of my childhood barbies or ponies, but I honestly don't remember hurting my ponies, or putting makeup on them at all.

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2013, 01:47:01 PM »
No - I tried to be really careful with my toys.  The only time I cut any hair on them was Baby Backstroke.  Since I took her in the tub with me so much, she ended up with some gnarly, ratty ends to her mane.  So I though I was doing her a service by trimming all that off.  But then I hated how short her mane was, so I never did anything like that again.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2013, 03:30:47 PM »
Hmmm I played with them.  This means that they flew through the air, got buried in dirt, had their hair trimmed, and even got the "pony pox" - ballpoint pen!  I chewed on them when I was stressed.  Anyone looking at my toys probably would say I was a toy abuser.  But I PLAYED with them!  Too many of my friends had toys on display they couldn't play with - ugh.  I have great memories, and experiences, and I still have all but one of my childhood ponies!

See?

The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2013, 03:36:44 PM »
My first ever MLP has a hair cut... but I got my mum to do it! So Ruby Lips has a bob, just like I did when I was a kid... Other than that, my toys were kept pretty well, apart from the odd bath time!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2013, 03:37:36 PM »
I always took great care of my things but I did make improvements to some of them. For example, I have a grey kitty plush that I've had forever and I trimmed the fur around her green eyes so I could see them better (and so that she could see better too!) :)

My dinosaurs, although not "abused" definitely show some battle scars. But it's from actual battle with each other. They'd have tremendous wars in the backyard in the overgrown muddy patch behind the garden shed :D Ah, memories :inlove:

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2013, 04:32:05 PM »
I took good care of my toys as a child. I've only now had the urge to cut pony hair and cover them in paint and other abusively evil things...

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2013, 04:32:52 PM »
nope never abused them but we did play the living daylights out of them.

SajiNoKami

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2013, 05:33:52 PM »
Nothing beyond normal play. StarWars and cars got played with in dirt, ponies and Barbies did not. If I ruined a toy, I would have to pay my mom back for it.

I cut 3 of my ponies hair, nothing extreme, just shortened 2 of the tails so they wouldn't step on them. Then there was Parasol, she was a punk so I cut her tail short and made her main more mohawk like. Mentioned this to my ma maybe a year ago and she said: I thought you were just being destructive. I wish you would have just told me these things. [Would you have still gotten mad?] Yes of coarse.

Only ones that got chewed on were Brandie and Twinkle.

Well the positive is the only problem with my ponies now is general aging that could not be prevented and no faded hair. Taught me to store them in a dark bin, in individual bags.

I have been told I was destructive kid and even have seen pictures of my terror, but be damned if I remember any of it.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 05:37:30 PM by SajiNoKami »

SparklersOasis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2013, 05:46:47 PM »
For some unknown reason, I absolutely HATED Barbie growing up!  I would have rather had a TMNT or MLP, but apparently TMNT wasn't 'feminine' enough for my mom, and MLP just encouraged my 'horse crazies!'  LOL.  As if NOT getting me those toys ever changed anything. 
As a result, most of my barbies got sharpie tattoos, mohawks, and generally ended up being amputees!  Results ended up being a little disturbing, and I ended up getting MLPs more often!  :D

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2013, 06:45:59 PM »
I was usually pretty kind to my toys, though I had some I was rough with. I remember playing with my toy animals and dinosaurs in the dirt. And I also remember using scissors to cut the fur on some of my stuffed animals, but no major damage.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2013, 08:15:24 PM »
I never abused my toys. I did have some cars that I played with outside, but not my actual Hotwheels--those did not dare go outside!
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal