collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is anyone else having issues with mail from Germany?  (Read 2393 times)

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone else having issues with mail from Germany?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 05:50:43 PM »
I did finally get my package-  it had been stuck in Frankfurt for FUREVER.

I think I know why too-  the seller, for some insane reason, wrapped the doll in about five old blankets and sheets to pad it???   SO BIZARRE.  It explains why the box was so incredibly heavy and probably customs was truly baffled.  Why on earth would you use BLANKETS to pad a package ??  Ah well, at least I got the box after all.   It was a MIB Moonglow which is pretty dang rare.

Offline Twilight Pink

• TwinkieMomo
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Green Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2013, 05:55:06 PM »
I guess its depending on the where in Germany  :blink:
Oh no!
avi by kittywhiskers :kyo: .

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2013, 10:03:06 PM »
Mmh most things overseas went over Frankfurt - so we prolly should blame the customs :D
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 10:21:05 PM »
I have usually found shipping from Germany (to NZ, anyway) to be wonderfully efficient? I hope that continues as I have something that has just gone on its way to me, lol!

Not quite the same, but I sent something to Germany a couple of months back (an artwork) and I nearly freaked out that it had become lost as it took forever to get there. I think it was three or four weeks in the end and it was only an A4 sized envelope! Thankfully good old Emuel was wonderfully calm about it and she got it in the end!  :whew:

I am having some issues waiting for parcels from germany in the past they would take about 3 weeks.. but both are well over that and they are still not here :  /

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 04:19:42 PM »
I have usually found shipping from Germany (to NZ, anyway) to be wonderfully efficient? I hope that continues as I have something that has just gone on its way to me, lol!

I am having some issues waiting for parcels from germany in the past they would take about 3 weeks.. but both are well over that and they are still not here :  /

:crazy:

That's not very re-assuring!

Hope your parcels arrive soon, nhal.

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 04:22:29 PM »

I think I know why too-  the seller, for some insane reason, wrapped the doll in about five old blankets and sheets to pad it???   SO BIZARRE.  It explains why the box was so incredibly heavy and probably customs was truly baffled.  Why on earth would you use BLANKETS to pad a package ??  Ah well, at least I got the box after all.   It was a MIB Moonglow which is pretty dang rare.

You think that is weird, I got a box of items once wrapped in 1960s drapes. Boy were they hideous.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 04:24:56 PM »

You think that is weird, I got a box of items once wrapped in 1960s drapes. Boy were they hideous.

It's just so odd! Why would they do that?  Bubble wrap isn't that expensive, is it ? Or even newspaper?  Drapes and blankets are heavy! 

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 04:31:28 PM »
I think I have a package lost in customs... I didn't have a tracking number and the seller no longer had the customs form number so I can't even check to see if it made it into the country. I've kept their info in case it ever shows up because they refunded me my money. -_- I just want the ponies...
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 04:32:34 PM »
I think I have a package lost in customs... I didn't have a tracking number and the seller no longer had the customs form number so I can't even check to see if it made it into the country. I've kept their info in case it ever shows up because they refunded me my money. -_- I just want the ponies...

It might- mine was supposed to be "express mail" and it went missing for about 30 days.  It was only discovered in Frankfurt after a bunch of frantic calls by the poor seller.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 09:29:52 PM »
Not sure if this is helpful to anyone, but my parcel from Germany arrived today  :)  Only 8 days to get here (Berlin to NZ)  :)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2013, 01:29:20 AM »
Not sure if this is helpful to anyone, but my parcel from Germany arrived today  :)  Only 8 days to get here (Berlin to NZ)  :)

ekk i looked today one still hasn't arrived after 5 weeks, the seller marked it as posted straight away : / the other has been 4 weeks but the seller didn't mark it as posted until a week after I brought them

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2013, 07:20:16 AM »
I am located in Germany and I have been sending and receiving a whole load of packages to and from collectors all over the world in the last two months. I haven't encountered any problems or delays whatsoever. :)

I have received mail from South Africa, Australia, Canada, the USA and the UK, and I have sent mail to addresses in the USA, Australia, Canada and Beligum. None of the parcels and bubble mailers took more than 10 days to arrive - with the exception of the parcel I received from South Africa which cleared through customs and took 13 days to arrive. Most parcels arrived within a week.

Of course, parcels might get stuck in customs if their value exceeds a certain amount and it's a busy season. And there's always the one instance of bad luck everybody experiences now and then. ;) I've never heard of Germany being a difficult destination to ship to or fro. :)

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal