collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What kind of car do you have? - GOT MY CAR!  (Read 2361 times)

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: What kind of car do you have?
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2013, 11:09:17 AM »
Well, since all 3 of our vehicle's have stood the test of time in WI I have a few things to say:

1. '07 Jeep Compass. This is our big mistake vehicle. It's good for nothin' and I wouldn't recommend anything that's Dodge, Chrysler or Jeep at this point. Just too clunky and the road noise is deafening in the back seat! We got it with only power steering so we wouldn't have to deal with common electrical issues. It was in an accident on the lot w/under 10 miles. We've replaced a lot on it already because of that not being disclosed to us when we bought it. Yes, that has added to our soured view. It has horrible blind spots. Has a big 4cyl manual, so engine power isn't an issue, it only gets about 20 mpg, reduncluous! Overall eh, uh hah, no!

2. '98 Mazda Protégé. Amazing vehicle, I'm guessing you saw my recent pic of it on FB, LOL. Not only has it survived multiple death threats from other vehicles, this thing gets 35 mpg. Looks like crap, but a solid winner in my book! I highly recommend Mazda, if you can get a manual it will last you for at least 200,000 miles!

3. '02 Ford F250. You want something that owns the road and eats Miata's and Geo's I'd recommend one of these baddies! Quite spacious for a lovely tall lady like yourself! For a v8 beast it gets just as good of gas mileage as our Jeep. (Something's not right there, LOL.)

We also owned a '05 Hyundai Elantra. Great gas mileage, at least 35 mpg w/manual. However too light, horrible handling in the winter. It was like a suped up sports car, hecka fun to drive. I want another one.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2013, 07:25:49 PM »
Boy we all have a lot of different kinds of cars! I wish you lots of luck with your car shopping :)

TwilightOwl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2013, 08:09:24 PM »
I have a white Nissan Cube. I love it. It gets 30ish mpg, has a super comfy driver area (and I'm tall). It is a good compromise between mpg and loads of interior space. The only downside is snow handling.  :)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2013, 08:27:46 PM »
Thanks! I saw a Dodge Avenger I want to test out.. my parents have a Dodge from 1991 and it still runs. Going to test drive tomorrow!

ETA: It was awesome, rode smooth.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:12:17 PM by StoryDreamer »
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2013, 04:19:38 AM »
We have a Pontiac Wave, and I love her. I commute ~40 mins each day, and spend $60-90 in gas each pay period (2 weeks), which is great. Plus the trunk is huge - doesn't look like it from the outsite, but there is a lot of space in there.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2013, 04:28:28 AM »
Mitsubishi Carisma Elegance. Beautiful, excellent car, but for the first time ever, broken down now awaiting pick up from the recovery vehicle.

Offline joce

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2013, 07:16:31 AM »
 05 ford explorer. I am tough on my cars and anything that makes it to 130,000 i'm shocked! Still going strong!

02 ford F-250 Diesel. Four door long bed, love it! Huge difference pulling with that vs the explorer. Just got back from taking the trailer and four wheelers down to wayne and you can not even tell a trailer is back there.

Our beater is a ZX2 but I don't even know what year it is.

We have had so many cars. Used to take hondas and nissans to the track on the weekend and got out of that. Sold our spec v not that long ago and that was a fun cheap little car. I miss having a six speed.
Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
-Roger Caras

Offline Dewprincess

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2013, 03:21:25 PM »
I drove a 2008 Nissan Altima as a rental car once and loved it!  Very smooth ride and it starts with a push button...^.^

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2013, 08:32:39 PM »
I know have a family wagon, 2000 mitiz chariot
I also have a 1970 toyota corolla :  ) however it has been sitting in the garage with the engine out for the last 8 years.. really must get around to getting it put back in

kaninchen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2013, 11:51:41 PM »
2002 volkswagen turbo diesel beetle. her name is lily. i love her, even with her well over 200,000 miles. i put all those miles there!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2013, 10:34:34 AM »
I rode in the Cruze when we rented one and it was super comfortable. So was the Passat. So I shouldn't look at Audis or Jettas? Bad cars?
From my experience, Audis are not always that reliable long term. They are also expensive to fix.

There is a dead Jetta in my driveway right now. It belongs to a friend that cannot afford to fix it. Looks nice on the outside, low miles...but very dead.

I have a 02 Toyota hilux, I'm not too sure what they would be badged as in your part of the world, but it's a 2.7l petrol Ute / pick up truck. I absolutely love it, but I wouldn't be upgrading to a newer one as they don't have the strength or reliability of the older (pre 05) models. We had a few newer model ones at my old workplace and one was written off at just 30, 000 kkms which is really nothing. It went through a large body of water, once, which they should be capable of.
We have the Toyota Tacoma here. Unfortunately, we do not have a diesel option either. They are still good, capable trucks though. :) I would absolutely love to have a Hilux!
I will admit that my desire for an Audie isn't exactly one born of sensibility.  They're really cute  :biggrin:  But my dad fixes cars- and he has told me that they are in fact VERY expensive to work on- and that you have to order most parts overseas...  which is a bummer.

I disagree that Jettas are not reliable.  I've had my Jetta since 2000 and it has been an extremely reliable car with no problems at all, and I used to drive it a lot.  I think the only real problems have been hardware (ie the handle for the glove compartment and other little annoying things- which I have heard is pretty typical).

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2013, 11:27:20 AM »
I am a gadget fiend so I want to get a car that connects via Bluetooth with my smartphone cause I got tons of mp3s of music that they just don't play on the radio. I also like them small and good on gas. Something like a Yaris or a Spark is what I want instead of my current car with just a CD player. I don't like my current car too much.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:29:50 AM by Wardah »
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2013, 12:34:50 PM »
We have a 2005 Impala and my hubby's 2003 Mazda Protege5. The Mazda iss going into the shop now though, since a 90-year old man rammed into me with his Buick boat in the McDonald's drive thru. It runs, but has some other issues, so we may just get another one sometime soon.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2013, 12:41:03 PM »
I am a gadget fiend so I want to get a car that connects via Bluetooth with my smartphone cause I got tons of mp3s of music that they just don't play on the radio. I also like them small and good on gas. Something like a Yaris or a Spark is what I want instead of my current car with just a CD player. I don't like my current car too much.

All cars basically have an auxillary or USB jack now, if they're  2009 - current so you can play from your smart phone. Plus a lot of them read MP3 cds, so you can burn all of your mp3s on a data cd and it will play them. My last car I had, I had an 80.00 stereo from Best Buy installed that did that.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2013, 12:45:47 PM »
I think an important feature would be heated seats  :lol:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal