collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie Styling Size - G4ZILLAS! Now in Stores!  (Read 17401 times)

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: a NEW Super Huge Pinkie ?? (8.5")
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2013, 01:40:30 PM »
Out of interest, has this version of pinkie been spotted in any shops yet??? I really want her but if she's coming out i'll buy her from a shop rather than taobao :)

GustyFox mentioned in another thread she had found her in Brazil. But I have not heard of her popping up elsewhere as yet.
it always seems other countries get the crazy gigantic stuff

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2013, 07:39:40 PM »
Out of interest, has this version of pinkie been spotted in any shops yet??? I really want her but if she's coming out i'll buy her from a shop rather than taobao :)

GustyFox mentioned in another thread she had found her in Brazil. But I have not heard of her popping up elsewhere as yet.
it always seems other countries get the crazy gigantic stuff

Oddly...especially Brazil.

And now that you mention it, I am curious as to whether she is going to show up else where or if she is something for the SA market. Hmmm.....
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline n66x

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2014, 11:23:41 AM »
has anyone seen this anywhere else yet? i've been waiting so long to get her and growing impatient!

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2014, 01:37:29 PM »
has anyone seen this anywhere else yet? i've been waiting so long to get her and growing impatient!
we haven't had her here yet :huh:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2014, 11:20:53 PM »
All 3 of them have popped up in packet as being offered for stock by Hasbro. However, they have only just in the last week or two shown up. Its now just a matter of a retailer carrying them. They have a weird purchase price though $9.99 which seems low for what they are - although pretty good bait fodder for future giant customs!
Loa is my love god!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 06, 2014, 02:30:24 AM »
All 3 of them have popped up in packet as being offered for stock by Hasbro. However, they have only just in the last week or two shown up. Its now just a matter of a retailer carrying them. They have a weird purchase price though $9.99 which seems low for what they are - although pretty good bait fodder for future giant customs!

Oh that's interesting! I hope some of the big chains decide to carry them! They would be fun for epic customs...

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 06, 2014, 07:12:33 AM »
At that price I really hope they start showing up as well :) I dont see why chains would not give them a shot especially with such a low RRP for a reasonably large item.
Loa is my love god!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 06, 2014, 07:19:56 AM »
Hmm. I assume they're so cheap because they don't come with any accessories aside that teeny tiny comb? They're essentially just bigger Fashion Style or Playful Ponies so they're likely very cheap to produce. I'd definitely get Monstroshy if she were released here  :lol:

"I'm going to grind your bones to make my bread! ...If you don't mind, that is."
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2014, 07:52:46 AM »
Hmm. I assume they're so cheap because they don't come with any accessories aside that teeny tiny comb? They're essentially just bigger Fashion Style or Playful Ponies so they're likely very cheap to produce. I'd definitely get Monstroshy if she were released here  :lol:

"I'm going to grind your bones to make my bread! ...If you don't mind, that is."

I think they shouldn't be much more expensive than a fashion style pony because they seem to have the same amount of hair and no accessories- 

But these are actually way cheaper than fashion style ponies- who are $16 a piece-  that seems odd to me- plastic accessories can't really be worth that much, can they?  Or maybe the $9.99 is the price the store pays?

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2014, 08:16:44 AM »

I think they shouldn't be much more expensive than a fashion style pony because they seem to have the same amount of hair and no accessories- 

But these are actually way cheaper than fashion style ponies- who are $16 a piece-  that seems odd to me- plastic accessories can't really be worth that much, can they?  Or maybe the $9.99 is the price the store pays?

I assume, maybe, it's creating the unique dresses and all they come with (even if lately they have looked incredibly cheap and tacky) that is what makes up the rest of the price maybe.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2014, 08:58:28 AM »
The $9.99 is Hasbros recommended retail price on them. So that is what Hasbro are telling stores to sell them at. Of course stores can sell above of below that but most of the big retailers will be on that money or lower. Its always possible its a mistake and they have been listed wrong however. I agree the price does seem out for me - yes I agree its limited packaging and a teeny tiny little comb - but for the size of the pony in comparison to others and their price point...its just unexpected. I thought $14.99 at least.
Loa is my love god!

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2014, 09:06:30 AM »
I hope these get a wider release than just South America.  They would make fun custom baits- especially if they sell for 9.99.  Meijer is usually pretty good about getting pony stuff early.  I will make a point to check the pony isle often to see if these show up there.
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline prancingstag

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2014, 04:45:46 PM »
$10 seems like an extremely low RRP to me. :shocked: That's the same price as a single brushable pony on AU shelves! Although cupidstrikes may have a point about complexity. The fashion styles come with lots of accessories, design a ponies have complex mold coloration, details and come with markers/stickers. Walkin Pinkie/Flippin Dash and gigantic Princess Twy all have electronics and movement. So they are all undoubtedly more time consuming and have extra material costs, being larger left aside. But to just mold a giant pony in hollow vinyl and stick two relatively thin rows of hair on isn't that much more difficult than a smaller pony -- possibly easier.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2014, 07:11:09 PM »
They are also in really basic packaging - similar to the packaging for the animated story tellers. Cardboard back and base and then the pony exposed to the elements.
Loa is my love god!

Offline CupidStrikes

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2014, 08:18:08 PM »
They are also in really basic packaging - similar to the packaging for the animated story tellers. Cardboard back and base and then the pony exposed to the elements.

This is the part that seems very odd to me, as it risks the pony getting damaged before it even reaches the shop  :huh: I've bought and seen so many ponies with crushed and dented boxes (though the pony was okay) that I worry it'll be a pain trying to find one of these that hasn't been damaged or had its hair tangled beyond repair.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal