collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The mystery of Mimic's appeal  (Read 1895 times)

Noepse

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: The mystery of Mimic's appeal
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2013, 02:44:25 AM »
I like her because she has a parrot symbol! I've always had a parrot somewhere in my life, and I work at a bird rehab center, so I'm big on the bird symbol ponies (G3 Sunrise Song, G4 Feathermay, G1 Skydancer, Brightglow..).

Same.
I collect bird statues and ponies so My little ponies with bird symbols are a big favorite. <3
I will buy one someday, I really don't mind laying out that much money on such a pretty pony after all.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 02:46:46 AM by Noepse »

Offline ValeofSpring

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2013, 10:02:06 AM »
She's got to be one of most unusual G1s, plus interest in her is definitely infectious--I think the Mimic mania offers a great study in what becomes popular.

I don't think I gave Mimic two thoughts back in 1987 when she came out.  I remember seeing her in the foldout for that year, but I never saw her in person.

I preferred (and still prefer) pink and purple ponies :) 
Looking for CF Minty, excellent condition! (and maybe Snuzzle and Blue Belle)

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2013, 10:05:37 AM »
I don't mind her, I actually kinda like her pose (ducks from being pelted) and her colors are alright (just because there really aren't too many green ponies) but I do not love her. I do not own her myself, and if I found one I would probably trade or sell her for more coveted ponies. so eh, i'm on the fence.

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2013, 03:14:59 PM »
I'm still a relatively new collector (about two years, I think), but I like her - I think her colours are pretty cool and I want her to help complete my TE's (about 4 ponies to go).

I guess I'm perhaps also a little under the influence of the grail status she currently holds, she's kind of one of those goal/super satisfaction to own ponies, but I'm a stingy buyer at the best of times, so unless I stumble upon her in a thrift store or something she's unlikely to end up in my collection anytime soon  :lol:

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2013, 02:22:04 AM »
The green wouldn't have been too popular with little girls, I think. That's why I think she wasn't so popular. I however, adore her colours! Her pose isn't my favourite but nor do I dislike it. I love my Mimic :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal