collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'd love to hear your thoughts on these pony cleaning experiments*quick update!*  (Read 1938 times)

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Where do you get that stuff, though?  And would it be cost effective?  I'm also curious of how to remove it from the pony again after treatment to keep it from continuing to work on it/possibly affect ponies that they are displayed next to.

Totally excited to hear if it works, though!  Please include before and after pictures, if you can :)  I'm especially curious about the vinyl conditioner idea, as I've got a handful of ponies that have become hard - like hard enough to probably be able to be used as an effective weapon - that I would *love* to save!

Mlphammy

• Trade Count: (0)
I would say go for the experiment! There's plenty of ponies whose condition couldn't get worse!

Shining_Lyris

Interesting ideas!  I definitely want to see how they all turn out...perhaps before and after pictures?
Thanks, TexasGal! There will definitely be pictures. The difference between science and screwing around is documentation. XD

Post Merge: July 15, 2013, 03:25:42 PM

I would be super interested.  I'm a restore junkie ( though not much on the pony front but for cleaning and removing pindot and fixing hair, I don't do much else, like try to remove cancer, buuuuuttt. . . ) so, I can't wait to see what you get rolling.  :)

Science!
Thanks, Miraja! I can't wait to get started too! I have a midterm this week so I'm aiming for this weekend. The Texes I mentioned in my cut came!  :biggrin: TO SCIENCE! :frolic: (also, is you have any pics of your doll before and afters I would LOVE to see them!)

Post Merge: July 15, 2013, 03:27:58 PM

Do it! I want to see if it works :p Science is awesome, who knows it will be the revelation of ponyland!
Thanks, Aquarel. I'm hopeful for SOME sore of results. Best case, I clean something, middle case I do nothing at all, and the worse case is...I make a hole in someone...hopefully not myself! XD The Texes came in today and I've begun gathering my supplies.

Post Merge: July 15, 2013, 03:28:55 PM

Where do you get that stuff, though?  And would it be cost effective?  I'm also curious of how to remove it from the pony again after treatment to keep it from continuing to work on it/possibly affect ponies that they are displayed next to.

Totally excited to hear if it works, though!  Please include before and after pictures, if you can :)  I'm especially curious about the vinyl conditioner idea, as I've got a handful of ponies that have become hard - like hard enough to probably be able to be used as an effective weapon - that I would *love* to save!
Thanks Katika! I will attempt to address all of those concerns! In fact, I wrote them all down with my supplies so I don't forget.  :biggrin:

Post Merge: July 15, 2013, 03:31:05 PM

I would say go for the experiment! There's plenty of ponies whose condition couldn't get worse!
This is true. Plus the Tex who is going to undergo the acid experiment is already slated for a FBR anyways, so if I do anymore damage only I'll know what's under there. XD I would really like to find some help for the poor poor ponies though. Just sitting there, getting hard and spotted... Anyhow thanks MLPhammy.  :biggrin: It's going to be an interesting weekend!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:31:05 PM by Shining_Lyris »

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
I might not be cost effective, perhaps, to do such restore treatments, as many of the ponies who suffer from these issues are common, especially white ponies, like Starshine and Surprise.  Still, when people restore classic muscle cars, they don't do it for cost effectiveness.  Restorations of cars can cost $30k-$50k, and the car might be only worth $20-$25k once restored.  It's for the loooove.  <3 

Offline Eldarwen

• Trade Count: (+26)
    • View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
Oxalic acid. Many boat users swear by this. Seems a bit extreme, but it does seem promising for brown spot removal.

Hmm.. There is oxalic acid in rhubarb leaves, right? I wonder if its enough if I go and make a smoothie out of the leaves and stick a pony in there?  :lol:

Bluing fluid. Bluing fluid is used in most white fabrics to cancel out the visible yellow we see in order to make the fabric appear more white. Bluing fluid can be easily destroyed, however, especially with oxidation (peroxide). So, I'm wondering if some of the yellowing in older ponies is due to blue loss? It may also explain why some ponies yellow when acne cream is applied to them.

I think that makes perfect sense. All the ponies that i've seen go yellow from acne creams have been brilliant white. But then again, i've been able to make yellowed ponies back to white by covering them in cream for a few days.. I dont think that has anything to do with blue. But seriously, interesting idea. Totally worth a test!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 05:14:01 AM by Eldarwen »

Offline Starfall

• Colorswirl Pony
  • Keeping Australia Post afloat
    • View Profile
Awesome thread. I've been making various pastes from baking powder and cream of tartar this week.

I also plan to give a pindot victim a going over with a clothes steamer, as opposed to submerging in water.

It's all part of the fun, I reckon!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Tinsel rehairer extraordinaire!

ValhallaLilly

Oxalic acid. Many boat users swear by this. Seems a bit extreme, but it does seem promising for brown spot removal.

Hmm.. There is oxalic acid in rhubarb leaves, right? I wonder if its enough if I go and make a smoothie out of the leaves and stick a pony in there?  :lol:

ACK just don't eat the rhubarb smoothie as the leaves are poisonous! *worries*

Offline Eldarwen

• View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko

True, I should have added that. Smoothie was probably a bad word. :D

Offline Aquarel

• Trade Count: (+41)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Forever busy with stuff...
    • View Profile

True, I should have added that. Smoothie was probably a bad word. :D

And I bet there are lots of things in the 'smoothie' that will make your pony discolour (like pukey green) Well that would be an experiment. 'puts on crazy scientist hat'
Selling some ponies to pay for the vet bills of abandoned rabbits I adopted!
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,385086.msg1626364.html#msg1626364:frog:

Offline Eldarwen

• View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
Yep, I thought about that too. But then again, Im sure I could sunfade the green if I get rid of the cancer!  :biggrin: Worth a try.

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
I'm currently in the process of using this mixed thick as a paste to try and give QB a cancer removing facial:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hopefully he will come out as pretty as a prince(ss)!  :P
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

Offline Eldarwen

• View Profile
    • Ponilaatikko
I'm currently in the process of using this mixed thick as a paste to try and give QB a cancer removing facial:

That's interesting! Remember to give us some after-pictures!  :)

And I bet there are lots of things in the 'smoothie' that will make your pony discolour (like pukey green) Well that would be an experiment. 'puts on crazy scientist hat'

Well, she didnt turn green. She turned kinda pink!  :blink:  :lol: Nothing really happened. But she's white again after a few days of sun.

Offline archidraca

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
:sigh:

So this stuff isn't quite as caustic as I was lead to believe from the label...  :huh: and there is little to no visibly discernible difference in the coloring of the spots:

This was after considerable application of elbow grease before and after upwards of 30 hours worth of "facial masque". Perhaps the straight acid would do better but I'm loathe to try that. I will though, as soon as it arrives. For Science!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Cancer is inside the plastic though - its a break down of the plastic - it is not something that you can remove from the surface of the pony. You can sometimes fade the brown staining away but the break down remains and will come back.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline archidraca

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
I know it's in the plastic. I was hoping the acid bath would kill off the active portions of the mold/cancer in the center. Doing so would make it much less likely to spread the discoloration. I'm certain that as long as the cancer center remains that eventually the mold will spread through any paint applied over it.   :(

As the glue has loosened from my previous efforts, I am going to go ahead and open him up as prep for bait. Then I can be much more... enthusiastic... with my efforts to destroy the cancer centers. I'm a bit more optimistic as this morning some of the smaller cancer centers look neutralized whereas they didn't when I first looked at them.  :)

He's destined to be a pony named Green Man. I just want him to not have growing things actually in his skin.  :satisfied:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal