collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay - Evasive Seller - Buyer Beware  (Read 1547 times)

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
Ebay - Evasive Seller - Buyer Beware
« on: July 12, 2013, 07:59:34 AM »
I haven't dealt with this person in terms of exchanging money, so I'll preface it with that.  However, I tried to ask her a couple questions regarding her ponies and she was really evasive about answering them.  Her feedback is. . .not that good, and a lot of it dealt with cigarette issues, so I messaged to find out whether the pony smelled like cigarettes or if she came from a smoking home.

The answer I got was "i dont know" and that was it. 

So, I reiterated and asked if she could give a sniff test, I had allergies for cigarettes, and explained what I was asking for was if HER household was a smoking household.

I get an angry response not to bid, she doesn't know what the pony smells like, it's second hand ( yes, darling, I know ), she doesn't smoke ( note: she said she doesn't, but did not answer if her home was a smoking household ) and that it wouldn't be fair of me to buy it and leave her a negative.(If she had checked my feedback, she would've saw that I haven't left anyone a negative in a year, and likely longer than that, but ebay doesn't display that information.)  Pretty much flipped out, bad punctuation, overuse of caps, but not in the right spots, and I wrote back I wouldn't bid, not because I could not understand items were second hand, but that wasn't giving a clear answer, and seemed like she was being very, very evasive about everything. 

This is the seller:  http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=mckinziesmom&&_trksid=p2047675.l2560&rt=nc&iid=171072960227&sspagename=VIP:feedback&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay - Evasive Seller - Buyer Beware
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2013, 09:30:02 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up, MiRaja - I'd been considering some of her items. :huh:  I think I won't give it a second look... I'm already in the process of destinking some smokey ponies (:razz:) about which another seller wasn't initially forthcoming.  At least that seller was kind and apologetic enough about it, however, and has subsequently updated all her listings to reflect she lives in a smoking household.  This one sounds a right nutter! :yikes:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 10:09:21 AM »
Thanks for the report. Appreciate it^^ Usually when they're bad sellers, they can be bad buyers too XD
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 10:12:44 AM »
I was looking at some of her auctions last night. Passed them up because of her feedback... I am glad I did not try to ask her anything. :lol:
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 05:28:19 PM »
Ah, I knew that name sounded familiar, thanks for posting this! I'd just read this thread this morning, then saw a gorgeous pony of hers on ebay and asked a question about shipping... I got an immediate but pretty vague 2 sentence response, all in caps with 24 exclamation marks. I asked for a quote and haven't heard back, I'm thinking I might just forget about it  :huh:
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline MiRaja

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 05:37:26 PM »
I would.

She has both Pristina and Moondust, two Ponies I'm hankering for something awful, but it's not worth trying to save smoky ponies that I know I'll toss out because I can't get the odor out.  The feedback says reeks. . .

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 05:46:53 PM »
I am sorry this seller was rude to you. It sounds like by her writing style she is either young or just don't care. 

I think your best course of action is to steer clear of her auctions, as you already stated you were. It's not worth the aggravation it may cause you.  :huh: I am sure your Princess's will pop up again soon!  :hug:

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 10:01:23 PM »
I had an issue with them last year, but i can't remember what it was about! There was a thread, too.

Offline DEStokes

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2013, 07:09:54 PM »
I'm not discounting anyone else's experience with this seller.  I just want to share mine.

I won one of her ponies, it arrived today, had a very faint smell, but nothing worse than tons of others I've purchased and better than some. 

I had no contact with her, I won, I paid, she shipped.
~Sales~ :socks: Wants~

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2013, 07:57:38 PM »
Thanks for the warning. I'm hypersensitive to cigarette smoke so I'll be sure to avoid this seller.

Duster reference]

Offline MiRaja

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2013, 08:27:38 PM »
I'm not discounting anyone else's experience with this seller.  I just want to share mine.

I won one of her ponies, it arrived today, had a very faint smell, but nothing worse than tons of others I've purchased and better than some. 

I had no contact with her, I won, I paid, she shipped.

Even a faint smell would bother me.  To be perfectly honest, I've only ever gotten one pony that smelled like cigarettes, and that was Satin N' Lace.  I soaked that pony in vinegar, I stuffed her with dryer sheets, but to no avail, she still smelled like cigarettes.  I don't know what happened to her, but I suspect she got thrown out.  I had a part of my collection still in Wisconsin before my mother moved back to Florida, and when I got my Wisconsin box of ponies, I did not find Satin N Lace.  RIP Satin N Lace.  :Sigh: 

It just wasn't worth the trouble for me, even though I really, really, really wanted a Moondust. 

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2013, 12:03:15 AM »
Oooo I know this seller, she has 2 ebay id's, one that she will buy people's pony items with and the other she uses to list the items...she sent me a really lowball offer on my MLP bedspread and I regretfully took it because it had a stain and I wanted to give someone a really fair deal on it since it is flawed...so she flipped it and sold it for $10 more and she charged $8 more for shipping than I charged her! Yikes! I feel bad for the person she sold it to, that is an excessively huge shipping profit :( It didnt really upset me that she had flipped it, I was just thinking...well that pretty much sucks for me :( Here is the link to her other ebay id so you can be aware of both ;) ps. notice she has a complaint on this other user id's feedback for cigarette smoke smell also.....

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jodysmommyjamey&ftab=AllFeedback&rt=nc

Post Merge: July 21, 2013, 12:19:09 AM

I probably would have never put the 2 together but I get an email from eBay when there is any new MLP bedding item listed and I saw her listing and thought yay!! Maybe it is in EUC so I can replace/upgrade the one I sold and I about fell off my chair when I saw that purple stain on it lol
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 01:03:25 AM by blondee1982 »

Offline hokuspokus

• Undiscovered 8th pony in the 7TALES series
  • Trade Count: (+108)
  • Touch my plastic face
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2013, 03:53:32 AM »
I am sorry this seller was rude to you. It sounds like by her writing style she is either young or just don't care. 

I think your best course of action is to steer clear of her auctions, as you already stated you were. It's not worth the aggravation it may cause you.  :huh: I am sure your Princess's will pop up again soon!  :hug:

agreed :)

There's just some ebay sellers (or buyers) with no manners at all. I think it's kinda rude but even more weird she couldn't answer your question if she has a smoking household. Seems like a very easy question...

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2013, 03:57:52 AM »
Oooo I know this seller, she has 2 ebay id's, one that she will buy people's pony items with and the other she uses to list the items...she sent me a really lowball offer on my MLP bedspread and I regretfully took it because it had a stain and I wanted to give someone a really fair deal on it since it is flawed...so she flipped it and sold it for $10 more and she charged $8 more for shipping than I charged her! Yikes! I feel bad for the person she sold it to, that is an excessively huge shipping profit :( It didnt really upset me that she had flipped it, I was just thinking...well that pretty much sucks for me :( Here is the link to her other ebay id so you can be aware of both ;) ps. notice she has a complaint on this other user id's feedback for cigarette smoke smell also.....

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jodysmommyjamey&ftab=AllFeedback&rt=nc

Post Merge: July 21, 2013, 12:19:09 AM

I probably would have never put the 2 together but I get an email from eBay when there is any new MLP bedding item listed and I saw her listing and thought yay!! Maybe it is in EUC so I can replace/upgrade the one I sold and I about fell off my chair when I saw that purple stain on it lol

Thanks for the extra info on her 2nd ID :bigups: 

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline blondee1982

• Trade Count: (+52)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2013, 08:09:46 PM »
Your welcome  :) I am happy to help

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal