collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Lyra Heartstrings and Pinkie Pie photo!  (Read 9723 times)

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Vinyl Lyra Heartstrings and Pinkie Pie photo!
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2013, 05:54:51 PM »
I got my two today in the mail, non-glitter, yay, but for some reason, the vinyl finish on them feels less smooth than the second set with Fluttershy and whooves, kinda like a mix of the first release dash and :drama: Pony and the second set of ponies, very odd, and mine have several minor factory blemishes, glue spots, paint errors, and bumps. Very...Strange in the lapse of quality. Maybe they're focusing too much on GLITTER SPARKLE PONIES SO RARE BUY 15 NOW! To pay full attention.

Oh well, maybe I just got unlucky in my set. Anyone else notice this? My Pinkie has minor head/body mismatch too.
Nope! My Lyra definitely has flaws.  You cant see it well in my pic but the paint around her display side eye is smudged a bit, and I don't really prefer the less shiny finish on her eyes. They're more matte this time. She also has 3 small dents, one on her tail, one on her mane and one by her nose.
That's very odd, the last set was so high quality, it's a bit disappointing. Also unrelated, but the lines on Lyra's horn are not an actual spiral, but two kinda lopsided rings. A bit weird.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Brandi

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2013, 06:13:49 PM »
I got my two today in the mail, non-glitter, yay, but for some reason, the vinyl finish on them feels less smooth than the second set with Fluttershy and whooves, kinda like a mix of the first release dash and :drama: Pony and the second set of ponies, very odd, and mine have several minor factory blemishes, glue spots, paint errors, and bumps. Very...Strange in the lapse of quality. Maybe they're focusing too much on GLITTER SPARKLE PONIES SO RARE BUY 15 NOW! To pay full attention.

Oh well, maybe I just got unlucky in my set. Anyone else notice this? My Pinkie has minor head/body mismatch too.
Nope! My Lyra definitely has flaws.  You cant see it well in my pic but the paint around her display side eye is smudged a bit, and I don't really prefer the less shiny finish on her eyes. They're more matte this time. She also has 3 small dents, one on her tail, one on her mane and one by her nose.
That's very odd, the last set was so high quality, it's a bit disappointing. Also unrelated, but the lines on Lyra's horn are not an actual spiral, but two kinda lopsided rings. A bit weird.
Yep! I was also surprised at the quality control going back downhill. As far as quality goes, I like the last set the best so far.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Moondust ,Cremello Quarter Horse = Equine love of my life

Offline Ren-Ren

• Trade Count: (+237)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://renren-1.livejournal.com/
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2013, 06:26:43 PM »
The quality of the sparkly SDCC exclusives was pretty disappointing as well. One of my RD's had a wicked scuff all up her display leg and into her cutie mark. Was gonna return it to Amazon, but I found someone who wanted to give her a home.
Thanks to Calico Star for my siggy! <3 (deleted cause photobucket)
*** My Sales Page*** My Little Pink Pony Loves MMA***

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2013, 07:18:05 PM »
I'm two for two on sparkle pony's from hot topic. 
I got a sparkly Lyra in the mail, but she's not in great shape so I'm debating what to do with her.

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2013, 07:52:49 PM »
I'm two for two on sparkle pony's from hot topic. 
I got a sparkly Lyra in the mail, but she's not in great shape so I'm debating what to do with her.

I would happily take her off your hands! XD No seriously I would...

Lightning Twirl

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2013, 12:42:27 AM »
I got mine in the mail, no glitters... hey does anyone else think that they feel different from the Fluttershy/Dr Whooves wave? These new one kind of feel like the RD and Bubbles first release. Sadly my Lyra's eye paint is scaped! T_T I love her but oh my gosh was I sad when I saw that.

Offline Ionn

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
  • Horse Shaped Object Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2013, 07:52:40 AM »
Mine arrived yesterday & yes, there does seem to be something up with the plastic/molding. My Pinkie has a couple of areas on her body that look like 'mold stick', where the material sticks to the mold when the piece is released. Rough and slightly wrinkly, almost like it was sanded. I haven't taken Lyra out of the box yet, I'm still disappointed she's glittery. Pinkie is freakin' adorable though, I can't stand it!

Offline CrazyCatPony

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • 1st step is to admit you have a problem, i dont :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2013, 08:48:51 AM »
mine said it should be here friday... i dont know why its taking so long to get here but i leave on vacation tomorrow and wont be back for 2 weeks.... ill have to wait that long just to find out if i even got one glittery one *pout*

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2013, 08:56:04 AM »
Mine arrived yesterday & yes, there does seem to be something up with the plastic/molding. My Pinkie has a couple of areas on her body that look like 'mold stick', where the material sticks to the mold when the piece is released. Rough and slightly wrinkly, almost like it was sanded. I haven't taken Lyra out of the box yet, I'm still disappointed she's glittery. Pinkie is freakin' adorable though, I can't stand it!

You got a Glittery Lyra?  I'll trade you for a plain one- and even throw in an extra (Lyra, Pinkie, Whooves or Muffin Pony) and pay for both shippings!

Offline HawaiianRain

• Guardian of Imagination
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 13, 2013, 09:30:24 AM »
This set, has to be the worst with flaws. My poor lyra is just so so needy?

Eyes don't match, white paint job in the hair is horrid. Paint glob on tail, the tail has way too many issues. Plastic to me is different from the previous sets as well.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2013, 09:33:56 AM »
Definitely need some clean-up.   They seem to have the most trouble with multi-colored manes and tails (Dash is a mess too).  All of the ponies have those odd rough fill bumps.  Has anyone had any luck sanding them down?

Still- I do LOVE the mold (all fo the molds) and think it's absolutely fantastic they are coming out with completely different molds for each character rather than re-paints-  having some fun customizing these guys :D

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2013, 10:25:01 AM »

I'll trade you my normal Lyra for your glittery one if you want?

The only flaw with my Lyra is that the eye on the display side looks as though it was hand painted on and done so with a sort of shaky hand. The other side is fine, but it is just that one side. My Pinkie Pie has baaaad plastic scuffing and even had a few dirt marks on her tail that I, thankfully, removed with a bit of water. She does of some discoloration in that plastic, like there are tiny spots of blue, but nothing too major I just wish those could come out too.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2013, 10:35:27 AM »
just called the hot topics in the area, none of them have seen Glittery ones yet :(
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Prince Primbrose

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Quit horsin around!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2013, 11:07:36 AM »
With so many flaws, I think I'm glad I waited this time. :( What's up with Funko's quality? I don't remember there being so many problems with the second wave of RD and Bubbles, or with Fluttershy and Dr. Whooves?  :huh:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2013, 02:10:08 PM »
The level of flaws seem to be really disappointing for Funko - unlike the Hasbro released toys these are techincally collectibles and priced/pitched as such. I hope Funko get the feedback in order to ensure the same does not occur with future batchs or waves.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal