collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Hunting Tips and Secrets 1-10 #9&10 UPDATE... IT WORKS!!!!  (Read 5954 times)

Offline Rosette

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Pony Mail is Happy Mail :D
    • View Profile
    • My LiveJournal Blog
Re: Pony Hunting Tips and Secrets 1-10 #9&10 UPDATE... IT WORKS!!!!
« Reply #60 on: July 24, 2013, 10:53:10 AM »
Of course, as a Libra I see the other side.  When pony collectors develop contacts at their local shops or pay workers to hold ponies for them for pickup, then the other pony collectors in the area don't have a chance.  It is no longer about who went on that day at the time things were put on shelves but about inside relationships and who got the 'exclusive scoop' for all times to come.  That sort of deal makes one person happy in a community while everyone else is outta luck and wasting their time every time they stop in. 

Just another perspective.
I'm the Pony formerly known as "songtoisis".   ^.^

BigHicks1977

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #61 on: July 24, 2013, 10:58:32 AM »
Of course, as a Libra I see the other side.  When pony collectors develop contacts at their local shops or pay workers to hold ponies for them for pickup, then the other pony collectors in the area don't have a chance.  It is no longer about who went on that day at the time things were put on shelves but about inside relationships and who got the 'exclusive scoop' for all times to come.  That sort of deal makes one person happy in a community while everyone else is outta luck and wasting their time every time they stop in. 

You are 100% correct and for many many years I thought it was bad luck or bad Karma to have inside people or throw a worker a few bucks to hold something for me.....and for years and YEARS I started to notice the same hunters at the same places I go walking around with stuff I did not see for sale and as MUCH as I hated it I had to start playing the game.....and I have only giving a few people a finders fee I mostly just make friends and be a nice guy but if someone goes over the top for me I atleast try and but them lunch...IF they let me....but I honestly feel the way you do

Offline PrincessStarlily

• Ponyland Historian
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Jeremiah 29:11 - God has a plan for you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2013, 11:33:35 AM »

You make a very good point. :) I would never want to keep other collectors from the pony-hunting thrill; actually, I've only met one collector in my area so far and have told her where I saw some MH dolls. So even though I have someone who holds onto ponies for me, I keep an eye out for my friends, too. ^.^

EDIT: And the past couple times I've been to thrift stores I haven't bought all the pony stuff they had. I decided, 'ah well, some other little girl or collector will find them and love them just as much as I would'.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 11:40:06 AM by PrincessStarlily »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to Storm.Runner for my avatar and SDS for my sig!
Painted LaceMelody RoseJuniper JoyStarlily

BigHicks1977

« Reply #63 on: July 24, 2013, 11:41:08 AM »

You make a very good point. :) I would never want to keep other collectors from the pony-hunting thrill; actually, I've only met one collector in my area so far and have told her where I saw some MH dolls. So even though I have someone who holds onto ponies for me, I keep an eye out for my friends, too. ^.^
And this is why I said you have to build a team and make connections you sound like you are in the same boat I am you say you would never want to keep other collectors from hunting AND I wouldnt want that either and at the end you said you also have someone that holds stuff for you and this was my point its not easy out there for us collectors anymore cuz its not just each other who are buying toys BUT ebay sellers and ect.....

Honey Bunches

« Reply #64 on: July 24, 2013, 12:30:20 PM »
Thank you so much for sharing!

I definately like Tip 2! Too often I step up to a yard sale and immediately ask about ponies. Rummaging around a bit or even being willing to purchase a few other things does seem to put folks at ease.

I had someone toss in a couple of great G1s for free when buying baby clothes!

BigHicks1977

« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2013, 08:39:08 PM »
Another easy thing to keep in mind while you are on the hunt GREAT story Honey Bunches

BlondePonyTail

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2013, 03:16:22 PM »
We always have decent pony luck on our hunts... but BigHicks1977 has been telling me for months that if we are persistent a big haul will happen... well this weekend it did!

Brag is posted here:
http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,337491.0.html

Craigslist WORKS! Making friends at the Thrift store WORKS!

Thank you BigHicks1977... for everything!

:heart:

BigHicks1977

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2013, 04:19:58 PM »
Its only Monday and I have already got some big things brewing for the weekend off craigslist......just wait and see...I am telling yall if you want great ponies for a CHEAP price you have to put out those feelers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal