collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Hunting Tips and Secrets 1-10 #9&10 UPDATE... IT WORKS!!!!  (Read 5952 times)

BigHicks1977

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Pony Hunting Tips and Secrets 1-8 #8 UPDATE
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2013, 08:34:11 PM »
Tip #8 Be Honest and Treat People Right....This one is plan an simple im not saying dont get as many good deals as you can or anything like that what I am saying is treat people fairly and dont do anything to put a negative light or our hobby every time a collector does a dirty thing to a seller or another collector it make our hobbby harder and harder and takes away the fun......plus it makes doing buisness easier with those people again later......so be NICE or bighicks will find you  :biggrin:
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 08:49:14 PM by BigHicks1977 »

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2013, 08:45:37 PM »
I find that being nice gets you amazing deals. Good manners go a long, long way.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lochnessmomster

• Star of the Sea
  • Trade Count: (+89)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Just a little globe-trotting pony. :-)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 02:50:20 AM »
I find that being nice gets you amazing deals. Good manners go a long, long way.

Yes, they do!!  ^.^

Avatar by the amazing SDS; signature by Jennifer2004 -- thank you both!! ^.^

~Pony Wish List~

BigHicks1977

Re: Pony Hunting Tips and Secrets 1-10 #9&10 UPDATE
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 10:24:33 AM »
Tip #9 Do It For The Right Reasons.......Collecting should be fun it should make you happy help you relax or give you that warm in the tummy feeling so collect for all the right reasons....it should make you happy not rich....dont missunderstand my my collection is worth tens of thousands but if it was worthless I would still do it and some of my fav pieces are worth almost nothing........The point of this tip is collect your fav ponies cuz you love them and not cuz they are the most $$$$$$

Tip 10 Spread The Love and buy G4's........Toy collectors really need to keep in mind there is room for everyone and G1 collectors all the way to G4 should understand we are all collecting the same things and never forget that G4 collectors are just as important if not MORE important than us vintage collectors they keep the hobby going into the future and insure that the things we love are around for years to come PLUS never forget how 30 years ago when ponies came out we never dreamed what some of them may be worth... so vintage collectors go to your local store and pick up some of those G4's put them away and come back in 30 years and bask in the glow of collecting gold  :biggrin:

Offline Heartcease

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 10:44:49 AM »
Thanks for the tips!  I would love to be able to go on a pony hunt one of these days.
We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream. - Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn

BigHicks1977

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 10:48:09 AM »
Thanks for the tips!  I would love to be able to go on a pony hunt one of these days.
whats stoping you.....you live close to me so if you ever want to go hunting let me know or we live so close we could look for items for each other in our own location

Offline Heartcease

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 10:51:20 AM »
We're a one car family right now, and my husband isn't very big on pony searching :D  I think his Mom burned him out on yard saling and antiquing.
We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream. - Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn

Lightning Twirl

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2013, 11:24:04 AM »
I have tips I want to share too!

At Walmart, during 5am-10am is probably the best time to hunt, less likely customers going to the toy isles at this time- stay home moms with little ones not out shopping yet and at his time, everything put on the shelf is  pretty fresh! Also with any store, its rewarding to go hunting around the opening time! First pick of ponies is a good feeling!

Also, price check and find availability online many stores before you go shopping! Saves you time, gas, and $$ ;)

It is rewarding to be nice too, you might even unexpectedly  become good friends with buyers! Heehee friendship really is magic!

If you spot a pony for sale listed cheap and you know someone on the Arena is looking for that pony.... let them know! For all you know... they could have had a miserable week and helping them find that one pony they want in their herd can brighten up their day and it feels good to help other people!

BigHicks1977

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2013, 11:31:13 AM »
Great tip lightning swirl and anyone else feel free to start posting your tips

BigHicks1977

Re: Pony Hunting Tips and Secrets 1-10 #9&10 UPDATE IT WORKS!!!!
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2013, 12:08:40 PM »
IT WORKS!!!! Just to let everyone know how well some of these tips work im in talks right now with a lady I meet on craigslist sending out a few emails about what kind of toys you have to get a LARGE amount of g1's from her so if you are having any trouble finding ponies please use some of there tips

BigHicks1977

Weekend Is Almost Here!!!!
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2013, 02:58:59 PM »
Hello everyone the weekend is almost here and I just want to get everyone pumped up for the hunting....Remember to check out local flea markets,thrift stores, and maybe even check out a yard/church sale....and if you find them for the right price even if you already own them or they need to be re-haired PICK EM UP (if the price is right) and trade them on here  :biggrin: HAPPY HUNTING and for tips to help you on your hunt check out my Hunting Tips and Secrets!

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: Pony Hunting Tips and Secrets 1-10 #9&10 UPDATE... IT WORKS!!!!
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2013, 04:50:23 PM »
man you have had lotsa luck - must be since you are in "real Virginia" ;-)

metro DC area is just so not a hunting ground - all the goodwills/salvation army-s have banned toys because of the lead silliness ... although I have yet to travel over to a value village so I can't rule that out yet.  It was funny  = I posted recently to sell on craigslist to spread some pony joy around and got ... nothing except one response but she was like on the eastern shore somewhere - Prince Frederick or something?? so decided it was too far.  And so far my yardsale-ing has been a bust, but yep = those are all reading to be fab tips :-) Thanks for sharing!

and I just love reading about a happy pony-hunting couple :-) yay for a continuing great partnership!

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2013, 04:55:51 PM »
All my local Goodwills always refuse to tell me if they're going to put out any new toys or have any ponies. Oh well. I hit a new one up this weekend!  I emailed someone about their pony post on CL, and no response. They keep posting it though.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

BigHicks1977

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2013, 05:11:03 PM »
Now I know a lot of people wont like this LOL but you can always throw those people a few bucks and they will call you when they get them in....just saying  :biggrin:

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2013, 07:25:11 PM »
Good tips everyone. I enjoyed reading this thread :)
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal