collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Did Y'all See This?  (Read 2375 times)

Offline Colorscapesart

• "BE COOL!"
  • Trade Count: (+204)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Fakie!
    • View Profile
    • Custom Ponies
Re: Did Y'all See This?
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2013, 12:30:26 PM »
Wow, it really shows you how different Barbie's proportions really are.  I knew she was tiny, but I didn't realize she's like 7 or 8 feet tall!

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2013, 12:41:33 PM »
Seen it but i donĀ“t know what to say O:

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 12:47:41 PM »
I'll be honest, and I know I'm going to catch a lot of heck for this, but...I'm not sure I really like the "realistic" Barbie.  When I think of dolls, especially Barbie, realistic body measurements are the last thing on my mind.  If those dolls were real humans, I'd definitely pick the one on the right.  But as dolls?  I dunno.  Anyway, it really is an interesting comparison!  It's one thing to think of how a realistically-shaped doll might look, but it's kind of cool to actually see it.

Shining_Lyris

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2013, 05:31:02 PM »
I saw this too, and I thought it was very interesting. I do think the sculpt needs some tweaking though.
Plus, Mattel is going to get on this guy's case over obviously taking "regular" Barbie's shape into photoshop and squashing and pulling it until she was "normal" Barbie, and then printing it out with a 3D printer.
Overall I really like the way the legs and rear came out, but I find the chest a bit barrel shaped and the face a tad squashed. I do hope they move forward with a real sculptor and iron out the wrinkles as it were though.  ^.^ And oh yes, stop calling her "normal", of course. A more average shaped doll line is a nice idea, but I'm not going to give up "fantasy" dolls anytime soon either.  ;)

Offline ZennaBug

• Doodlebug Art/Adopts Mod
  • Trade Count: (+53)
    • View Profile
    • ZensDoodles Instagram
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2013, 09:01:25 PM »
I've never minded the traditional Barbie doll, I had lots as a kid and never wanted to be like her particularly.  But I do understand that a lot of little girls do struggle with body image.  Personally, I think that the "normal" prototype is pretty sexy herself.  I like her booty.  My only issue is her head/neck.  Either the neck is too thick or the head's too small, I can't put my finger on it.  But something is goofy.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Avi and Sig by me -  @ZensDoodles (Instagram) :heart:

Offline BrittzMylilPony

• Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2013, 07:07:13 AM »
I've never minded the traditional Barbie doll, I had lots as a kid and never wanted to be like her particularly.  But I do understand that a lot of little girls do struggle with body image.  Personally, I think that the "normal" prototype is pretty sexy herself.  I like her booty.  My only issue is her head/neck.  Either the neck is too thick or the head's too small, I can't put my finger on it.  But something is goofy.

Yeah I agree...something is off :-/ and Barbie is a beautiful doll. I would much prefer my daughter playing with her versus Bratz or Monster High dolls. Sorry if you're a fan of Bratz or Monster High but that's just my opinion :)

Rosse

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2013, 08:09:22 AM »
I love the butt and legs on the "normal size" one, it looks much better than the almost completely straight lines of the actual product! For me personally as an adult doll fan; I'd buy a doll with those proportions, but I do think I'd like her to have slightly slimmer arms (for example, the chunky arms on type 2 Pullips tend to bother me), and the head would have to be changed to a big one, with big eyes, eheh.

Anyway, it was a great way to show how off Barbie's proportions are compared to a real woman, but didn't we already know that? ;)

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 09:43:24 AM »
I think the head is "off".  The body looks fine to me, but they just stuck a regular Barbie head on top.  I am not sure if it is correctly proportioned to the body.  I think that is what is making it look weird.

Rosse

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2013, 04:37:17 PM »
I'm pretty sure the head is proportional, considering he even adjusted the eye size :)

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2013, 12:48:59 PM »
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 12:52:17 PM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2013, 01:19:44 PM »
I like the body sculpt- but agree it needs a bit of tweaking.  Something odd about the head/face...

Offline PinkRosedust

• Trade Count: (+117)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • How bout i do anyway?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2013, 08:01:04 PM »
Wow, that adjusted Barbie certainly is bootylicious! lol. It is interesting to see the comparison, but I still like Barbie the way she is. I've always liked Barbie and never thought I had to look like her.
MLP sales Here Jewelry on Etsy Vintage toys on Etsy Toys and things on ebay

cleverLC

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2013, 11:02:53 AM »
She does make me wonder why there aren't any dolls in any line that have "junk in the trunk."  I like skinny dolls, but it just feels weird when all of them are twigs.  We need a few curvy girls in the doll world!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal