collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What religion are you?  (Read 7702 times)

Offline HorsingAround

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Re: What religion are you?
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2013, 07:31:34 AM »
I was raised Christian as my parents are devout Christians (father is Baptist and my mother is Catholic).  However, I am an empirical agnostic. 
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Offline starrypawz

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
    • View Profile
    • http://starrypawz.deviantart.com
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2013, 08:23:48 AM »
I was raised Christian as my parents are devout Christians (father is Baptist and my mother is Catholic).  However, I am an empirical agnostic. 
I just googled that, it sounds like 'my' brand of Agnostism, interesting to see if has a proper term
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

If you ever see a NARU starrypawz on Ebay it is in no way connected with me! Ebay handle is stella_lupus

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2013, 12:59:50 PM »
I'm an Evangelical Christian, born and raised.  I have found so much fulfillment in my religion and I would never change.

However, I still respect other religions and those who choose to follow them, even if I do not understand or agree with them.

This is why I love the Arena! Open discussion without hating!

Offline court2882

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
  • I love pony armies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2013, 01:53:32 PM »
I think this thread is really interesting.  I have no issues with other religions other than when they try to push things on other people, or they do things that are hateful.  Otherwise I think people should be able to believe and follow what they wish.

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2013, 02:22:17 PM »
I'm atheist, although the vocal atheist community tends to irritate me. :P So I don't always like admitting it.

Sadly, my brother is like this. He just gets so much pleasure out of berating and harassing religious folk, and he thinks I should too because I'm anti-religion. It annoys the crap out of me. I just want to leave them alone and have them leave me alone, is that so hard?

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2013, 04:05:59 PM »
I was baptized as a Methodist.  In the beginning of middle school, I was forced to go to a Catholic school, and thus, was confirmed into the Catholic church.  Now, I'm pretty much an Agnostic.  I'm not sure if I believe in a god or not.  I might check out my old Methodist church I used to attend when I was young.  It's been such a long time, I don't remember much about it.  I just know I had a terrible experience as a Catholic, and it really turned me off from religion and faith.  But I'm open-minded enough to maybe give my old Methodist church another try.  I'm sort of in that "searching" mode right now. 

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2013, 05:59:38 PM »
I'm anti-religious.

Philosophically, I can say that I'm agnostic in the sense that I believe we are still too low on the evolutionary leather to comprehend what really happened with the world, but that said, I haven't as of yet heard of a religion that I think is anywhere close to the truth.

So in that sense I feel more comfortable declaring myself an atheist because I really don't believe that any of the given religions have it right.

As for how i was raised, I was raised with lots of information about all kinds of religions and points of view but ultimately allowed to choose my own path. Culturally, my mother comes from the Serbian Orthodox Christian family (though no one in her family is religious) and my father comes from a Jewish family (though none of them were religious either as most of them were communists).
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Lady_Manson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Black Veil Brides,Blood on The Dance Floor Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2013, 09:38:00 PM »
I am Baptist but I like Gothic Stuff better
LM

GothMummy

« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2013, 01:33:26 PM »
lady manson - I know a quite few Christian goths ;) 

x

Offline TraderTif

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2013, 03:36:44 AM »
I'm a Catholic "revert", who married a Catholic "convert", now raising a "cradle Catholic"     :P

My Mom's Catholic, and my Dad was a non-practicing Protestant, when I was little.  I went through all the Catholic schools and catechism classes, and all that.  (Ended up with a lousy religious education, regardless - learned all the "what", and none of the "why/how".  What makes sense that way???)  Decided not to get confirmed at the usual age.  Spent quite a few years drifting among religions, and/or no religion at all.

Finally got challenged by someone (a non-Catholic, interestingly enough) not to give up on something without understanding it completely.  And that stung a bit.  Decided to research and learn on my own.  Finally found the "whys", and things clicked into place.  Decided to get confirmed.  Even looked into a religious vocation, but found that my health problems would keep me from it.

Ended up meeting my husband who was raised in the "Bible Belt", came from a very Protestant family, but who had decided to find his own way.  He ended up converting to Catholicism in college......(which really impressed me, as his area is about 1% Catholic in population, and that was a hard thing for him to do on his own).  He spent a bit of time in the seminary, before realizing that God wasn't calling him to the priesthood.

(For which I am very grateful!!)    :biggrin:   :P

Offline Heartcease

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2013, 06:50:49 AM »
Yay, Kentucky people!  That's where I'm from originally  :biggrin:  But it seems like where I lived was turning into nothing but churches and banks.
(For which I am very grateful!!)    :biggrin:   :P
Hehe!
We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream. - Schmendrick the Magician, The Last Unicorn

Offline Balto

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/mlptalesnut
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2013, 09:02:02 AM »
Atheist.

I was baptized Catholic at my very religious grandmother's insistence, but my parents never took me to church or forced religion upon me. I've identified as atheist from a very young age.
Thanks to Moonflower for the avatar!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BigHicks1977

« Reply #102 on: July 13, 2013, 09:18:53 AM »
I am TOYACOSTAL all praise the mighty G I Joe hail be to He-man and praise be to the Ninja Turtles AMEN  :biggrin:

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 13, 2013, 09:30:02 AM »
I was baptised and christened. I'm not religious in any way though. Don't really believe in a 'god', but I believe in a place (not sure where or anything about it), just a nice place people's spirits go after death. I became more fiercely determined to believe this when my grandmother died, and my reaction was "How can someone so, wonderful, so beautiful, so loving and so kind just, die? That's not even possible." It was a too real experience, and I know she watches over me, and sometimes talks to me. It's not insanity. I just have to stop and listen. I heard her congratulate me and tell me I was clever driving home from getting my GCSE results, since we had spoken so much before she died about how worried I was. She was supposed to come with me, but died on the 11th August, and results were 24th August. So no, I fiercely maintain and believe that there is somewhere the spirit goes after death. As for murderers and rapists etc, I don't even know, nor do I want to know what happens to them after death. Somehow I don't believe they bear the right to a 'wonderful place' after death, seeing as they have committed horrific and violent crimes. I just don't think about it.

Offline svleonard

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2013, 09:31:55 AM »
I was raised as a fairly conservative Christian Protestant, until I saw the light and became an atheist :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal