collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How/why did you choose your persona?  (Read 1572 times)

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
Re: How/why did you choose your persona?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 11:08:28 AM »
I don't have a persona...but I have a fanmade character named Memoire Lane. I wanted to have a male pony as my character...there seems to be so many female characters, plus I wanted one for my choose-your-adventure fanfiction. He was named after his mother and his mother influenced him a lot. I know...momma's boy. Lol
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline Teddy

• MLP Tales Goddess
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Mother of Ducks
    • View Profile
    • Teddy's Place
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 11:40:21 AM »
I first stumbled upon the online pony community in 1999. I went into Dream Valley's MLP chatroom (back when it had a chat) to find out the names of some ponies I had acquired. But, I needed a username! Well, my favorite pony character of all time was Teddy, from MLP Tales. I was kind of obsessed with him at the time. So I signed in as "Teddy" and it has been my username everywhere having to deal with ponies ever since.

At first, Teddy was also my pony persona. After a few years though, I got tired of everyone assuming I was a guy, so I created: Teddy-chan! You can see her in my avatar and sig. I was very much attached to Teddy's color combo by then, so I kept the body and hair color. I had always liked alicorns alot, so I made her an alicorn. I gave her a black stripe in her mane to represent Teddy's black sunglasses he's always wearing. And to top it off, I gave her my first tattoo as her symbol. I designed my first tattoo myself and it was a symbol of me, so naturally it should also be on my pony persona.

And that's the story of Teddy-chan! ^-^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click HERE to visit my MLP Tales site!

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 12:03:43 PM »
I've had numerous ponysonas since 2007, when my mother and I joined the MLPTP board, but I finally created a permanent one.

While my previous ponysonas had nice color combinations and names, I never really could relate to them. The third - and final time - I decided to revamp my persona, I wanted something that connected with me while still showing a unique color combination.
Her name came to me first - Gambit. A gambit is a tactic used in chess, which is one of my favorite games. I knew then that she'd have to have some black or white on her, for the two chess colors. Luckily, black, white, and purple are my favorite colors. The brown in her mane/tail/eyes matches my own hair and eye color. Lastly, I needed her to be a pony, of course - but what kind? I love birds, cats, and horses, so I gave her wings and a lion's tail.
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline FoolBornUnicorn

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Dragon Slayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 12:58:15 PM »
I joined the Arena in 2012, and lurked for a while before actually posting...
I was so nervous and shy..
I adopted the name fool born because my English teacher had a chalkboard drawing of Shakespeare and Shakespearian insults on the wall and I liked it. Unicorns being my favorite race of pony, and it rhyming well, it stuck. ^.^ I didn't have a persona at first. I had several ideas, but nothing I absolutely fell in love with..
One fateful evening, I clicked the 'show unread posts since last visit' button to see what was new, and I saw a thread titled 'Homeless Pony'. Kenly had a beautiful little girl that needed a home. She was so cute! I jumped at the chance, and contacted her. I thought up a name and a personality for her. She would be a caretaker for the nocturnal animals! Bats and the like. And she would be shy and introverted, like me. I designed a cutie mark and she was named. Nyx. I'm so happy I was able to adopt her from Kenly. She's so beautiful and I love her to pieces :lovey:

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 01:40:18 PM »
Because... A slug... With spots!

I dare you to find something more awesome! Because you will NOT!

Lol, unlikely!  I love your username (if you hadn't noticed).  I do have a custom nudibranch pony by Tiella.  I love love love nudibranchs!  I never named her though.  She needs a name.  Sea Slug maybe?  Too boring?

But let's just be clear here. The pony's name is Spotted (as in I spotted the slug in the grass! Not as in I have spots!) and the slug's name is Slug, often referred to as Sluggy. ;) cause you needed to know that, right? :lol:

You mean there are no spots on your sluggo?

Marigold:  I love marigolds and when I signed up I wanted something that sounded like it could be a pony name but wasn't a named pony.  So I decided on Marigold.  When I designed her she had to have some natural looking marigolds that would remind me of the actual plant, and I wanted a pony that was light colored.  She started out white but it didn't look right so she became blush pink with darker feet.   

I have a bunch of other OCs too.  I think I like designing ponies.  :)

You own a nudibranch pony! *squee* Now the fact that you know what a nudibranch is makes you cooler than toast! But a nudibranch pony?? Can I just slap the BFF sticker on your forehead right now? :slug:

Sluggy does have spots. He is a banana slug. But her name refers to her ability to spot slugs and other small forest creatures that no one else seems to like. She's Spotted. She spots stuff. I always imaged her as a little ADD too... Like, oh look a birdie! Hehe

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2013, 01:55:04 PM »
Well, I was having identity problems when I made Brigade, mostly because I was embarrassed to be a boy collecting ponies, and my legal name was Rose for packages and payment anyway, so I wanted to differentiate myself from my online name 'Rosencrantz', which I had been using for the board.

It didn't work out, it wasn't me, but I've been fond of the pony ever since. His design's been refined over the years (he was originally grey and blue, not white and blue) but he's always had his toy soldiers and been a pegasus. His name came from the idea of using toy soldiers for his symbol.
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 01:57:28 PM »
This tread is great, I'm learning so much about everyone!

My username doesn't have anything to do with my ponysona. I was expecting to come just sort of lurk around here, rebuild my childhood My Little Pony collection, and then, most likely, leave. My username reflects that - hypothetically, people could say "Who are you?" and I'd say "Oh, no pony (body) special, don't mind me." But since then I've gotten much more invested in the community, and quite a bit more interested in everything MLP. I'm planning on being a member here for a long while. So I'm thinking of changing the username. It's a bit awkward and seems self-deprecating.  :P

For the ponysona, I just kind of threw my favorite colors together. My favorite color is the very palest of grays, but since I wanted my pony to be more colorful, I just put a streak of gray into the mane, which became a paler purple. The streak goes through the head and the tail, which remind me of Dr. Forrester on Mystery Science Theater 3000, who have a white streak through his hair and moustache. It just makes me smile to have a pony with a similar trait. :)

I named her Sweetgrass, for convoluted reasons. It doesn't really have any meaning. My pony is green, though, so it fits.
 Sweetgrass has had several different cutie marks over time. I love how in FiM the marks represent a talent or other things that "make you special." But I kept feeling that I don't have any specific talent or interest that makes me unique. I'm kind of a jack of all trades person. So I put a ladybug on her butt. My parents would call me "ladybug" when I was a child, and my childhood was one of the best and most precious parts of my life. So I went with that. It has since then become a tiny ladybug on the end of a spade-shaped leaf, but I'm not certain if this will be permanent or not.

I cooked up a story that Sweetgrass sat in the garden, feeling sad because, while she's good at many things, there isn't anything she really excels in. But as she watched the ladybugs in the plants, she contemplated and wondered, deciding that it really isn't that important to have a talent. Not everyone in the world can be an artisan, or a star. What she was best at is focusing, working hard, and taking pride in whatever job she had, even the most mundane. There's a simple rightness, she decided, in accepting who you are, even if who you are isn't especially glamorous. As long as you keep on enjoying life, and do your best to help others, then your life will have meaning. It was while she built this philosophy that her cutie mark appeared on her flank. Ladybugs are hard working bugs, yet seem to enjoy flying around with seemingly no reason, and landing on peoples arms for the fun of it. They are one of the more desirable insects to have in the garden. So, the ladybug seemed a perfect fit for Sweetgrass' philosophy on life.

Sorry if that was too much information!  :blush:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 01:59:01 PM by NoPonySpecial »
I'll put something here some time

Offline katrine2309

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Every day is someone's birthday - celebrate it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 02:08:37 PM »
I do have a ponysona type of thing. Not sure if she really represents me though, more that she rep resents what I like. Her name is Bloowood, because well she is white and blue (Bloo being similar to the word Blue) and her symbol is blue pinetrees. I like pinetrees. I like the woods. So yeah - nothing special really about how she came to life! :lol:

And my username is .... my name. Or rather Katrine is my name, the numbers are just the same numbers I have on ebay and are totally random! I'm so not creative. At all *sigh*
Visit my Flickr for doll & pony pictures!

My wantlist - pony wear, backcards & puffy/flat stickers

Looking for Puffy Stickers: Ripple (seapony), Gypsy and Gusty on original backing

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 02:17:35 PM »
Well clearly Baby Fifi is the best pony :)

But she is the perfect combo for me "Fifi" is the cutsey nickname I call my mum sometimes, my football team's colours are red, white and blue and I adore dogs. So she seemed to combine some of the things I love best.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Tilas

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Shilo.ca
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 02:21:02 PM »
My ponysona is the pony version of my fursona Tilas. That's about it lol.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 02:31:11 PM »
NoPony,  I really like the name Sweetgrass.  They weave baskets out of sweet grass in the south and they are beautiful and smell very sweet.  It is nice. 

Offline katieklassified

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 02:33:49 PM »
I just made my first ponysona...and now she needs a name. =/. Her cutie mark is lipstick because I am OBSESSED with makeup, and MAC lipsticks specifically. But calling her Lipstick seems like just a throwaway name...any thoughts? Here she is, btw!!

HELP ME NAME MY PONYSONA!

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2013, 02:47:48 PM »
Mmm, I don't really have a persona, though maybe I should think about making one? My user name is actually the name of one of my cats  XD  He's a total dude, and I just liked the name as it was a little unusual and couldn't think of anything better at the time. When I joined I was still rather new to collecting and re 'pony' names, didn't want to be pinned down to one pony, particularly since many of my favourite ponies are a lot of other people's, too  :) 

Majesty over there
<<
was a little doodle I did when I started collecting and discovering a love for ponies. Being a stay at home mum, ponies caused a sudden, great distraction and escape from the (yes, ok, rewarding) but often demanding and stressful binds being a stay at home mother can suffer. Ponies gave me a different challenge, helped me relax, and indirectly got me back into my art. So my Majesty Doodle over there is a little representative of that (plus I think she is one of the prettiest unicorns!!)  :)

Offline bladed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • That's Saki-samagic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2013, 03:05:02 PM »
I have had multiple personas over the years. Recently I've been using Nightdance in my sig, but I'll explain two others aswell.

First one : Sunset Dash. May have seen me using her. Honestly, I don't even want to know what made me come up with her. I was playing around on the pony creator when it was released and tada, Sunset was born. Not really a persona, but close enough.

Second : Starbright. I honestly don't even know. Wanted to create a "unique" pony but ended up making her a twisted Star Song. I honestly don't. know.

...Ignore the late night drawing skills, ok

Third : Nightdance. In my sig. She's based off a lot of things. Her mane is how I'd attempt to style ponies hair, her markings come from fire, her bracelet is an actual bracelet my grandmother had. I wanted to put that memorial to her in a persona. Originally it was an amethyst bracelet for my birthmonth, but that changed. Anyway, she's also based off how I'm a night owl.

I have another character in the making mainly because designing helps me through stressful times, as it relaxes me.

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2013, 09:22:37 AM »
I've enjoyed reading everyone's stories. I didn't realize how unimaginative I am until now. I never even thought of creating my own pony persona. Ah, well, thank goodness for Tap Dancer since I like her name, her colors, and her symbol. Hasbro did the "hard work" for me. LOL  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal