collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Blackest Nights, Darkest Dreams Swap - Ship Date Passed, Receiving!  (Read 37443 times)

Offline Salli

• The Heir of Ravenclaw
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • MOC Mimic
  • SalliCostumer on DeviantArt
    • View Profile
Re: Blackest Nights, Darkest Dreams Swap - Partners Sent!
« Reply #270 on: July 18, 2013, 09:37:58 AM »
I usually sketch. My designs usually come out better if I do. Not always though. I sketched this swap pony for sure ;)

Question: Do you guys collect anything other than ponies or have nerdy obsessions (i.e. Harry Potter, Dr. Who, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings etc...) that you would like an extra from?

Offline hannaliten

• Trade Count: (+292)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 18, 2013, 10:02:56 AM »

Question: Do you guys collect anything other than ponies or have nerdy obsessions (i.e. Harry Potter, Dr. Who, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings etc...) that you would like an extra from?

I collect anything AiW.

Offline Uninu

• Glows and sparkles in the dark
  • Trade Count: (+80)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 18, 2013, 10:11:47 AM »
I love Doctor Who, ABJD's,  Blythe, Monster High and Pokémon :D

I almost never sketch out my ideas. Instead I make a list of the main features of the pony, the colors and such and start building it up based on them.

Offline BlackCurtains

• Mad Scientist
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Orange ponies are the best.
    • View Profile
    • BlackCurtains Crafts
« Reply #273 on: July 18, 2013, 01:57:29 PM »
Construction was rained out so I was able to sleep today. Got some sculpting done and am feeling much better about the design now.

I don't sketch really. I decide on my palette first then I open some lines into ArtRage and scribble on it until I like it :lol: Whatever I draw never looks as good as it does in my head so I just get the basic idea, mostly to see how the colors look, and go from there. 9 times out of 10 I change the design anyway.

I collect bones, teeth and fossils. Or just... weird stuff. Anything macabre or bizarre.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Belltock Raincurl
Commissions are Closed
Avatar and sig by Mione (offsite)

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+594)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #274 on: July 18, 2013, 03:39:33 PM »
I rarely draw my designs out first (most that I have drawn, have not been created yet lol). more often, I will draw little sketches of the symbol or important aspects and make notes about colors or other details..but usually not the whole pony
in this case, I'm winging it lol...so to speak. I am very happy so far and I did do a little doodle today of a potential symbol, but who knows if it will stick, or if I'll even use a symbol >_> mwahaha

*~*~*
for extras.....

seriously, you can't go wrong with spiders, bats or most halloween stuff, or Nightmare Before Xmas

or socks. I love fun socks or big warm fuzzy socks (see sockdreams.com)...mainly crew or midcalf length. I like socks that go higher, but they need to fit "plus size" legs (also, tabi socks are good, but toe socks are not)
socks - halloween/spiders/bats, penguins, or Invaider Zim, Nightmare Before Xmas, Doctor Who (not ankle socks) - especially dalek

and if you listen to music the likes of which Abby (NCIS) would play or that you can find somewhere like Projekt.com , feel free to burn me a mix CD ;) (ie goth, industrial, metal, ambient, darkwave, etc) :lovey:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 04:29:54 PM by Roogna »

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline tsukikakushi

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 18, 2013, 04:15:05 PM »
All you people and your sculpting! I kinda feel like an underachiever... but my painting is almost done, I just need to flesh out the little details. And then some sewing & maybe some other crafty-ness. I'm undecided where exactly I'm gonna go with this. I always wing my customs; they just never seem to come out right when I do sketches & stuff so I stopped trying to plan stuff years ago :)

As far as extra stuff, I love anything to do with hearses <3 Horse-drawn or automobile, I have a small collection of them. Also anything to do with animal skeletons/anatomy. Or metal/prog music (think Demons & Wizards or Coheed & Cambria). I'm very easy to please, so pretty much anything is good by me.
Wishlist:http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,350943.new.html#new

Currently looking for FF Minty. Let me know if you have her for sale!  :newpony:

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #276 on: July 18, 2013, 05:12:15 PM »
I haven't done much work on my custom I did order some really neat hair. I've been drooling over a nice color blend I saw on a hair sight and now I have a reason to buy it.

I'm playing with some different ideas I'm not %100 in love with the design idea I have now I'm gonna work on it more later maybe ask my boyfriend what he thinks. This is what I get for just throwing paint on the bait and not planing it out more.

I have a Green lantern collection that kinda lives along side my pony collection, but I'd be happy with anything sci-fi, comic book or generally 'nerd related' for extras

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #277 on: July 18, 2013, 05:29:40 PM »
Other things I like:  I am obsessed with Adventure Time, Regular Show, Lilo and Stitch, and the Mario universe (especially the baddies.)  Also animes like Black Butler and Fullmetal Alchemist. 

I also collect shot glasses and retro t-shirts (like odd ones you'd find at a thrift store.)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 06:02:17 AM by Eviecorn »

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Flarewing

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #278 on: July 18, 2013, 05:40:32 PM »
I have a small but growing pokémon card collection. A pack of these as an extra would be more for me to squee about upon receiving a swap pony (naturally, the pony's the REAL prize!)

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #279 on: July 18, 2013, 06:21:45 PM »

Toe socks, pony making supplies, and Lego Minifigs :)

Offline PrincessOfDarkness

• Queen of the Zombie Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
    • my dA
« Reply #280 on: July 18, 2013, 08:58:45 PM »
Monster high. Star Wars (I love me some sith themed stuffs), Lord of the Rings, stuff from the WheddonVerse (Firefly, Buffy, Angel, Dollhouse are all absolute love around here).
Ad for other ideas for extras: I love bats - the flying kind, not the sporting goods kind. I am a complete sucker for red and black things. I adore art - prints are great, but I simply adore hand drawn arts (most of the things I have received over the years are either framed and waiting to be hung, or waiting to be framed. Am painting my new studio so I can finally hang everything!).

I rarely sketch out my ideas. I do however brainstorm ideas out - one of my books is filled with pages of ideas which start at one point and evolve into something else. Like this swap, my partners list of likes are at the top of the page, then theres a whole heap of ideas I could have gone with for the likes list, with some crossed out, others have arrows going to other bubbles with more details, with more arrows leading to other boxes and ideas ^.^Though, as I make each custom I find things evolve even further for whatever reason (usually because I think something won't work, or 'that will look better!')

:heart:  Never really open for commissions, but can be bribed ;)  :heart: SOOOO much Love to Jupi for my amazing Cupcake Zombie :heart:

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 19, 2013, 03:16:06 AM »
[/quote]

I LOVE buffy x I also love harry potter and lord of the rings:) oh and twilight merch im super easy to please lol
but please dont feel you have to include anything x im super excited just but the effort put in to making me a pony x
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 06:01:47 AM by wiccanpony1 »

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
« Reply #282 on: July 19, 2013, 04:34:11 AM »
I sometimes draw out a plan but it always gets changed around.

As for extras, I don't collect anything else but I do grab smurf or cabbage patch figurines for my kids to play with. My daughter is also into LPS figurines now. I also like receiving hair or something to use in the future but an extra isn't important to receive. 

I'm working on putting pony pieces back together now

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline StrawberryMeadow

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • 'Scuse me, just here to steal all your TE's. Ta
    • View Profile
    • DA
« Reply #283 on: July 19, 2013, 05:02:41 AM »
I also don't collect anything really. I don't have much space in my house and very very little storage.  so much so I can't even properly display my ponies. Extras aren't a necessity for me, shipping is expensive.  No need to worry about me for extras.  Just the best pony you can make! x

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #284 on: July 19, 2013, 05:53:26 AM »

Guinea Pigs and hamsters? And my dolls. I'm good with any extras really. I also collect pencils with neat designs on them if that helps.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal