collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How Do You Store Your MLP Collection?  (Read 1473 times)

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: How Do You Store Your MLP Collection?
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 02:12:12 PM »
Mine are all on display at the moment.

It depends on how long they are being stored for as to the degrees you need to go to for storage. And while I completely agree its possible to pop a couple of dozen ponies in a box and leave them for a decade - return - and find they are fine. For the amount of money spent in collecting these and the importance they are likely to have to you I would suggest a much more careful method. Acid free tissue paper or even individual zip lock backs [unsealed or with air holes punched in them]. Dont press one pony against another without some kind of barrier as it risks staining. Also dont stack more than 2 or 3 layers on top of one another - its really easy for ponies to get warped out of shape. Then plastic storage boxes - again with a breathability - and I would also pop silica packs in the boxes to keep a good moisture balance.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 03:17:07 PM »
Scrapbooking materials are something you can sometimes pick up at garage and rummage sales (and sometimes thrift stores) pretty cheap- new they can be super expensive.  I definitely agree that it depends on how long you expect them to be in storage, and/or special ponies.  One prone to cancer and discoloration (chartreuse hair, etc) would be worth more careful wrapping.

I also find  I tend to forget about things in tubs.  If I'm keeping the pony for myself I'd rather have it somewhere I can see it, although that can get tough depending on how much space you have.  Since I'm married and in my thirties I don't like them haunting the bedroom- not a very grown-up and romantic atmosphere  :redface:

Offline Henpatch

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 07:06:44 PM »
I had quite a lot of ponies in a glass-fronted display cupboard - but most stored in plastic boxes.
Now we are moving house - all are back in boxes for the time being.  :(
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SDS for my lovely Jumble pony

Offline dxgirly

• Trade Count: (+66)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 07:38:18 PM »
Right now all of mine are in tall, white bookcases I got from Walmart. And I store/display my blindbags on acrylic nail polish displays.  ^.^
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal