collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Equal Rights brag?  (Read 5197 times)

Offline StarDapple

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Bah Weep Graaagnah Wheep Ni Ni Bong!
    • View Profile
Re: Equal Rights brag?
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2013, 12:04:21 PM »
I was so happy to hear the great news!  Equality is slowly but surely becoming a reality!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Vintergatan

• Knight of the Ebon Blade
  • Trade Count: (+36)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2013, 12:46:59 PM »
  There is nothing my child could do or say to me that would make me love them less. Literally.

Exactly!!
I'm not even a parent, but to me having children means *unconditional* love! They deserve to at least know that their parents will always have their back.

Also, I don't think you're hypocritical at all! I think religious people who are intolerant of someone because they are gay are hypocritical, especially those who wish them evil.
~怕眼里月光 会淋湿你的翅膀~

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2013, 12:56:47 PM »
  There is nothing my child could do or say to me that would make me love them less. Literally.

Exactly!!
I'm not even a parent, but to me having children means *unconditional* love! They deserve to at least know that their parents will always have their back.

Also, I don't think you're hypocritical at all! I think religious people who are intolerant of someone because they are gay are hypocritical, especially those who wish them evil.

Thank you! I couldn't agree more. 

The world will always beat people down for one reason or another, but a parent should be someone who will always be on your side even if it means putting their own feelings aside and saying I don't love what you're doing (I got this one quite a bit in my youth for various unmentionable things lol) but I love YOU regardless.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Radiance

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2013, 01:20:30 PM »
I'm so happy that DOMA went down! Even though I'm a straight married person, that doesn't mean this ruling does not affect me. It affects every American, IMO. We should all be equal under the law and it's not the government's business to decree who gets to marry who. I live in a rural part of Alabama where most people are pretty close minded, sadly. I just hope folks will start to realize that 2 people who love each other & want to make a commitment ought to be able to, and that commitment should be treated equally no matter the gender(s) of the couple! 
http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=366243.new#new

my want list, looking for unicorns!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2013, 03:26:52 PM »
It has been really moving to me (as someone directly affected by the ruling) to have received so much outcry and support and love from people who are not in the GLBT community-  you people are awesome!

Offline BethyVic

• Let It Be/Peace & Love Pony
  • Trade Count: (+27)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • There is still a light that shines on me
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2013, 05:33:55 PM »
This really is fantastic news.  I was really proud of my state for legalizing gay marriage recently and I feel like we are heading in the right direction for all states at some point to legalize it. I have so many friends that can now get married and be recognized as a legal couple. 
[email protected]

*Looking for MOC Starflash and her comb loose, MOC Peppermint Crunch and MOC Sky Rocket (sparkle) all US versions*

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2013, 05:38:03 PM »
:hearts: Congratulations! :hearts:

It's progress - baby steps, as another poster said, but progress nonetheless.  Here's hoping for the day when all who wish to be wed may celebrate their love and their union in equality, love, and joy (and without a bunch of outside parties deciding if they can or cannot)! *decisive nod*

(And where's that there unicorn, anyhoo? :P)

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2013, 06:46:17 PM »

I took a picture of him last night- but seriously he looks like he could suck your soul out-   I need to paint his eyes at least before taking a mug shot :D

Offline Rosencrantz

• Shakespearian Tragedy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+73)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I like shiny things
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2013, 09:38:32 PM »
This makes me so happy to hear!
Brings me a step closed to get the courage to soon come out of the closet to my parents.  :blush:

That was really hard for me as well- and they didn't react well, but like most parents- they got over it.  I think most of why parents get upset is 1) they can't understand why you'd "choose" to have a more challenging/dangerous life; 2) By the time you are a teen/young adult, they have already built up all these fantasies in their head about who you are going to marry and the kids you will have- and suddenly that all comes crashing down.

Please feel free to PM me as well if you want to talk!

Totally agreed. I've been told that to the parents it's almost like their child has been replaced with a new child. They have to forget all the things they thought their child would do, and make up new ones essentially. My mom didn't take it well either, but is completely supportive now.

man, I'm glad I told mine when I was twelve. She didn't have much time to come up with anything for me!
 (backcard by Ivy!)

Offline Radha

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
  • It goes ding when there's stuff!
    • View Profile
    • Tactile Memories
« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2013, 10:14:16 PM »
Just wanted to add my congrats as well.  May your marriage be long and happy!  :lovey:

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2013, 10:39:57 PM »
I wish Missouri would legalize it too. I have a gay brother who hasn't come out to my parents yet. I don't think he ever will. I guess on good thing about it is he isn't the marriage type, so he won't ever have to 'worry' about this. He's very independent and anti-relationship, but I still wish my state would go this way. Missouri is one of the least likely being as it's part of the Bible belt.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2013, 07:08:10 AM »

I took a picture of him last night- but seriously he looks like he could suck your soul out-   I need to paint his eyes at least before taking a mug shot :D

unicorn... unicorn. *chants*
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2013, 09:05:50 AM »
It has been really moving to me (as someone directly affected by the ruling) to have received so much outcry and support and love from people who are not in the GLBT community-  you people are awesome!

Same. Especially when I read such hate on other forums.  I've always felt accepted here.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2013, 09:14:03 AM »
I may be straight and married... but I'm so happy for the gay community.  I don't believe any of us are truly free when some people can be randomly discriminated against.  My state is one that doesn't allow gay marriage but I plan to stick around and support the politicians who are fighting for it.  It's not much, but I feel it would be a bit like giving in by moving.  :P
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Sukeile

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • Dancing through life, Brainless and careless
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2013, 09:19:23 AM »

Same. Especially when I read such hate on other forums.  I've always felt accepted here.

Ponies promote love for everyone :)

And as a child who owned no Big Brother Ponies or Mountain boys; Pretty much all of my baby ponies had two mommies :P
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 09:27:19 AM by Sukeile »

Avatar by Griffin. Carebear by MistyBlue2010 and Pony by Lina. Thank you <3
Join My Little Pony Facebook group!/ My Wishlist/ My Etsy/  Polly Pocket Locket

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal