collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Our First Swap- Newbie Swap brag thread!  (Read 13339 times)

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
Re: Our First Swap- Newbie Swap brag thread!
« Reply #405 on: July 17, 2013, 11:03:53 AM »
I don't have a list anymore, I'm not sure... there was no box for me today :(
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Chaosette

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • I'm interested in everything to do with MLP:FiM!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 17, 2013, 03:05:38 PM »
Oops hehe silly me xD I got that all backwards and upside down. My mistake! Well I hope the mystery box turns up soon!

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #407 on: July 17, 2013, 05:05:55 PM »
Me too... tomorrow and Friday will be nervewracking! I just want it to show up before I leave... especially because I'm very nervous about this trip... :huh:

My Want List

Offline amazonarabian

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 18, 2013, 02:36:38 PM »
Oh, Sunshine, I hope you get it!  It IS terribly fitting that you're the last of us, though.  I can't wait to see your brag when it comes! 

I was *terrified* something awful happened to my partner's box on the way to her house.  My husband was having to hold me back from starting to gather replacement ponies.  SO happy Court2882 finally has it!  Whew!  I feel lighter already. 
Thank you, brightberry, for my lovely avi.

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #409 on: July 18, 2013, 04:31:57 PM »
Yep, no box today. My fiance confirmed that we only had a magazine in the mail... hrm...

Also my tooth is still killing me... I'm in agony. :(

My Want List

SparklersOasis

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #410 on: July 18, 2013, 04:38:06 PM »
Yep, no box today. My fiance confirmed that we only had a magazine in the mail... hrm...

Also my tooth is still killing me... I'm in agony. :(

:(  Hugs!  If your box doesn't show, I'll be happy to send you a 'replacement'  Hope the dentist is able to fix everything, I know how horrible it is having a hurt mouth.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 18, 2013, 07:38:25 PM »
Wow, Shney! If your pakage doesn't come you'll have at least a three page long brag for replacement ponies from everyone!! Lol! I know my donations :)

Post Merge: July 18, 2013, 07:39:56 PM

Just to elaboratee, it's not that I don't think it'll come or hope it doesn't come...I always prepare for worst casescenario is all :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 07:39:56 PM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 18, 2013, 08:08:00 PM »
Heck add me to kicking in a few ponies, if your box goes AWOL.

Sorry about the tooth Sunshine. Those things can hurt like heck.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #413 on: July 18, 2013, 08:12:31 PM »
I'm leaving tomorrow evening so, I can only hope it's here when I get home from the dentist... this tooth pain has been like... the WORST! I have tried everything from garlic to peppermint extract to clove oil to anbesol and oragel, ibuprofen, gin, ice packs, salt water gargles, my water pic and listerine... omg... just no ending. Now I have a big bottle of ZzzQuil in front of me, hoping I can take enough to knock me out so I can sleep before the dentist... :huh:

I haven't even started packing yet because I just couldn't get anything done today with this pain...

My Want List

Sandra

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #414 on: July 19, 2013, 09:14:41 AM »
:( I hope you feel better, Sunshine! I hope your box arrives today before you leave so you'll at least have something to help take your mind off the pain in your tooth.

Offline Diamond

• Hostess of the Wine Cellar
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • Time will tell a wonderful tale if you listen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 19, 2013, 10:02:45 AM »
Wow so many great boxes, congrats to all.
:like: me on FaceBook - Crocus Cottage Creations

Thanks to SdS for my avie

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #416 on: July 20, 2013, 02:46:49 AM »
Well no box before I left so I hope to have a surprise when I get back home... still very nervous about my trip, sitting at the airport right now... :(

My Want List

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 20, 2013, 04:33:02 AM »
Sorry you missed your box, have a safe trip Sunshine.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #418 on: July 20, 2013, 07:35:53 AM »
Thanks! I made it to Denver... 1/2 my flying is over (the flying doesn't bother me, it's being stuck in a place for a week where I don't know a single person that's making me so nervous, I'm not... outgoing, LMAO) - I'm already wishing it was the 26th, lol... I miss my kitties and puppies, lol! (oh and my fiance too, lol)

My Want List

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #419 on: August 03, 2013, 12:44:44 PM »
YAYYYY :cheer: :green: Everyone I got my swap box from my amazing partner, Jinxxy! :heart: :yippee:
This is SUPER PIC HEAVY!! :lol:

As mentioned, after the whole "delayed box, no box, what's happening with a box" whole snaffoo, I actually had a chance to talk to Jinxxy and make sure that she knew I personally have no hard feelings about the whole thing. Sure, there were some rough patches when I felt a little down, but I also knew that there are real life issues that always need to be dealt with first because, we all know, life is more than just ponies. :biggrin: So, I was super happy to hear from her, and after today I realize part of the reason that it took so long to ship out... the box cost a fortune, and she spoiled me rotten! :dropjaw: Like absolutely rotten...
-Also, as a side note, I hope that you can find time to come back to the Arena Jinxxy, I know we all miss you and want you to come back! You're a great addition here. :hug:

First off, the box was sitting on my doorstep this morning, and it blew me away! I hardly wanted to open it, I mean... check out the super amazing amount of time and care put into decorating the box to look like the water, and a bunch of STURGEON (my absolute fav. fish ever! :lol:) swimming around the box!

It's Jinxxy and Sunshine with a fun gift box!

Of course I had to save the box drawing (and the box itself, but I would've had to cut through this to open the box otherwise! :cry:) and did so without too much of an issue!

Omgosh... opening the inside of the box - just POW! in my face, with gifts! I was overwhelmed!! :biggrin:

And again, wowwee!! :yippee: Seriously a completel spoilage of gifts here!

First off, the yum yums! Not only for me (and omg - so funny, goldfish macaroni?! I've never seen such a thing. You better believe this is my lunch today! :biggrin:) but also some Temptations (and perfectly Tuna flavored!) for my kittehs! They serious DIE for Temptations! I had to sneak them out of the box and into the cookie cabinet before my one alarm cat, Mo, sounded off and let everyone know it's Cookie Time! :lol:

And more super fun silly extras! There is a beautiful GREEN Carebears Coloring Book (unused! and of course, Green = Jinxxy!) which is super cool, I definitely used to also watch Carebears as a kid! :biggrin: - really pretty stickers that I will DEFINITELY use, I can't even wait to bust them out and get more packages out because I sent them on business cards and stuff, lol... so fun! Horses and fishes! Also my dog tried to snatch the weird little google-eye guy! No way doggy, she's known for tearing things up! :blush: And a Fishy Plushie!! :heart: And some more wonderful Jinxxy Art - I'm keeping this as a bookmark!

Then I opened the card - it was a gorgeous print called "Wildheart" - of elk(?) like a white elk and a baby, or perhaps deer - it's so beautiful! and inside was an AWESOME Sturgeon vinyl (car!) and some koi fish stickers!! :heart: I love their shimmery-ness! :biggrin:

I also got another beautiful piece of artwork from Jinxxy of Jinxxy and Sunshine playing with ponies! I love Jinxxy's art, I traded with her before and was lucky enough to receive some art, and I have always kept it! I love the way you draw my ponysona as well, she's gorgeous! :blush: And a postcard with a lovely note on it from her town (or the closest "bigger" town, hehe :biggrin:)

Then, I LOVE these two packages, SO CLEVERLY WRAPPED AS FISHIES!! That is so awesome! I have to remember to try and make fishy shapes with my packages because these were SO awesome! ;)

And inside them? Ahhhh yay a SUPER CUTE Pekin Duck figure (I do actually have a small collection of duck figures, and he fits in there perfectly!! Also, my poor pekin Big Mac died a little while ago, so it's a beautiful reminder of him! :heart:) and some FSF outfits! I LOVE the blue/pink one, can't wait to try it on one of my FSF gals, and I actually own Niki (and hoping to get Dana soon!) so the capes are perfect! Thank you!

There were STILL more extras... I can't believe how much you spoiled and must've spent! :blush: Okay, this is amazing: A Trout Air Freshsener for my car! Now - the best part about this is, I actually HAVE this dangling from my rearview mirror BUT it's SUPER old and definitely doesn't smell. I also have a Bass air freshener with it, and together, I call them "Gill and Tad" who go on "bodacious journeys" with me - so, it's absolutely perfect because I haven't been able to find a Gill or Tad ANYWHERE in YEARS! And now I have a brand new Tad!! :cheer:

The next thing, I am so... floored. I can't even describe it. I got an amazing Detroit Tigers shirt from Jinxxy, and on the back is the name of the hometown she's from! It's SO perfect and it fits great! How do I know? Well... let's just say, between opening everything and posting this, I decided I was gonna have a beer. So, sat down, opened the beer, which apparently had fallen or been shaken up, and it EXPLODED all over my living room! Luckily all the gifts had been moved to safety away from me by that time... but the shirt I WAS wearing, was soaked, lol so I'm sitting here RIGHT NOW wearing this shirt. It's amazing, looks, feels and fits great, and is a beautiful reminder of my hometown baseball team who I love, the Tigers!!

And still one more bit of extra spoilage! I opened a beautiful mug with a rooster on it (ummm so absolutely perfect, I actually have rooster coffee mugs, similar to this one as my kitchen decor, this fits in BEAUTIFULLY and is bigger than the rest of the mugs, so I can claim it as MINE very easily! :biggrin: And I can't wait to try the teas! We have stopped drinking coffee lately and been starting to drink more tea, and these are like a super amazing sampler packet so I can get my "tea taste" on! :lol:

Now! Some ponies!

First off, I was SO EXCITED to get a Lemon Drop bait!! :biggrin: I CANNOT wait to rehair her! She will be my first Lemon Drop rehair for my army, and she's PERRRFEECCTTT!! Also, a really cute Barbie (? right?) Fairytopia horse with molded ballet slippers on her legs! I think she'll clean up beautifully! :heart:

Second, I couldn't even wait... this beautiful box with My Little Sturgeon on the side of it. I HAD to know what was inside!

And inside... OMGOSH! This is the BEST thing I've ever seen! It made me laugh and cheer and everything it was so perfect!! :biggrin: I absolutely love it!

The smiling face makes it so much more awesome, hahaha so cute! :heart:

And then MORE PONIES omgosh!

I got a beautiful Moonstone for my army! And a brand new September Morning Glory as an upgrade to my sad yellowed ones. She's really white!

Two SUPER awesome G3 ponies - Chocolate Chipper, who I have wanted ever since I learned about her and Piccolo! A pony I always wanted because she has that fading pink hair, and this one is SO PINK!

Rainbow Curl Raincurl - who is not only like STARK white, but also has a SUPER PINK ringlet, and her hair is still in their original curls! *swoon!*

Then, a gem of a gem of a gem - This is an ITALIAN LEMON DROP! :cheer: For my army! Of all the Italians I own, I don't own my precious Lemon Drop... or well, I didn't! And now I do! And I LOVE her little necklace. That for sure is staying with her! :lol:

And on top of all of that... a pony who has evaded me forever... UK BABY KATIE!
*dies*
I couldn't believe it was her, I first thought it was DnW Baby Flicker (who is ADORABLE too!) when I started unwrapping her, and then I was like... "OMG No it's KATIE!" :freak:

She is like mintier than mint, so beautiful!

So okay wow. Have to catch my breath going through this again. It's totally true that "Good things come to those who wait" and I know there were times we were upset or wondering what happened to Jinxxy, but I want to express my immense gratitude for her being my partner, sending me such a thoughtful, overwhelmingly sweet and kind swap box, and then being able to send it after everything going on... it really just tells me that she's the kind of person who is so considerate and kind, and I hope I can one day repay her kindness for this lovely swap box. I also hope you see this Jinxxy and come back to the forums! We miss you! :hug:

Thank you so much for this overly amazing box. From the actual box itself, to every little detail... the amount of thought and time put into my swap box was incredible... I appreciate every single thing you sent, you went above and beyond and, I just can't say thank you enough! :hug: Sorry I seem to be so sappy, I am just so overwhelmed and I just love love love it all!

:sunny:

My Want List

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal