collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP G4 Blind Bag Wave 9 predictions  (Read 22069 times)

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
Re: MLP G4 Blind Bag Wave 9 predictions
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2013, 04:47:12 PM »
Lily Valley is an earth pony, not a pegasus. Sassaflash's cutie mark remains plausible if they're shooting for this pony:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2013, 05:35:06 PM »
Lily Valley is an earth pony, not a pegasus. Sassaflash's cutie mark remains plausible if they're shooting for this pony:

Oops yeah you're right!
I was just thinking those were her colors, but the one you posted the pic of, it could def. be her!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2013, 05:51:28 PM »
I have no predictions as where I am has not seen beyond wave 4... which is still in stores here.. at least at the two walmarts in my area... I can't check target
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2013, 01:34:39 AM »

But they dont always aim to release ponies which are background ponies. There are plenty of blind bags which have never shown up as "background" characters.

I think with Hasbro being lazy sometimes its perfectly possible they are going to simply reuse symbols and colour the ponies differently. After all lots of blind bags have had multiple releases.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2013, 02:13:55 AM »
But they dont always aim to release ponies which are background ponies. There are plenty of blind bags which have never shown up as "background" characters.
The vast majority of blindbags are a) from the show, b) from previously-released toys, or c) directly from G3. The balance used to be different, I know, but since the third wave, there have been very few exceptions:
Wave 4: 2: Electric Sky and Berry Green
Wave 5: 4: Sapphire Shores, Ribbon Wishes, Forsythia, Rainbow Wishes
Wave 6: 1: Magnet Bolt
Wave 7: 1: Barber Groomsby
Wave 8: 0
Wave 9 from what we've seen so far: 0

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2013, 06:48:51 AM »
The vast majority of blindbags are a) from the show, b) from previously-released toys, or c) directly from G3. The balance used to be different, I know, but since the third wave, there have been very few exceptions:
Wave 4: 2: Electric Sky and Berry Green
Wave 5: 4: Sapphire Shores, Ribbon Wishes, Forsythia, Rainbow Wishes
Wave 6: 1: Magnet Bolt
Wave 7: 1: Barber Groomsby
Wave 8: 0
Wave 9 from what we've seen so far: 0

I didn't say they were not based on previously released toys or G3 characters. :) I said that they were not always based on show background characters. And if you take out toys and G3 characters and include the blind bag kiosk packs and all the blind bag waves then the numbers do change.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2013, 02:16:49 PM »
Oh, sure. But the point I thought you were making was that they might make a new design out of nowhere with no precedence of any kind, not that they might make a toy that didn't fall into the single category of ponies from the G4 show. When that set with Kiwi Tart and Rainbow Swirl and the rest turned up, they could still be identified before their names were officially confirmed, but that wouldn't be the case if Hasbro threw a whole bunch of colors and cutie marks in the mix and pulled them out totally at random.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2013, 03:10:41 PM »
Ok I get you now :)

However, they have released some blind bag characters who dont fall into any of the categories though. So is it not possible they could simply do the same again? I am not saying thats who any of these new characters are - they could be misprints or they could be real but they could also just be some random Hasbro creation too.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2013, 03:36:45 PM »
Has Hasbro reused cutie marks on blind bag ponies before? Maybe horseshoes, now that I think. I don't recall any others...except I don't recall whether Sugar Grape and Golden Grape's cutie marks are identical. Hmmmm.

Either way, I don't think they'd reuse a color combo on the same mold, so one must be a misprint.

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2013, 01:47:20 AM »
Has Hasbro reused cutie marks on blind bag ponies before? Maybe horseshoes, now that I think. I don't recall any others...except I don't recall whether Sugar Grape and Golden Grape's cutie marks are identical. Hmmmm.

Either way, I don't think they'd reuse a color combo on the same mold, so one must be a misprint.

Some of them have come pretty close in similarity but they have released blind bags in the same mould, with the same symbol of the same pony and simply changed the colours. Royal Riff has been released 3 different ways alone and although we have had glitter, transparent and solid his colours have changed.
Loa is my love god!

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2013, 02:46:13 AM »

Those two look pretty identical. Goldengrape and Sugar Grape have different marks, though, as do (astonishingly) all five cherry ponies. Lilac Links and Shoeshine differ in color, I think, though I don't feel like digging them out to check, and Lucky Swirl and Lulu Luck have theirs oriented differently. Amethyst Star and Banana Fluff do share theirs, however.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2013, 04:32:28 AM »
I do think the next wave could be done this way on purpose. Making the bulk of them monochromatic or at least pale in comparison to the "specials" who have the TAF rainbow style additions? Therefore its possible that there will be ponies we have seen before just released again in differing shades/colour combos. So are they the original character or are they a new character? We wont know that until we see the cards I guess.

Havent most of the misprints which have been found before at least in colour combos which indicate they have been printed on the wrong ponies? Where as here we are seeing symbols on the wrong colour ponies but also colour combos which we havent seen? So they are either twice wrong or all right :P

I suppose its no different than what they did with ponies like Riff - took him into different waves and just changed his colours/finish each time.
Loa is my love god!

Offline starflyer425

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2013, 05:51:40 PM »
i agree with an earlier post that said to make more BB into brushables. i would ADORE a firecracker burst, ribbon wishes or sassaflash brushie! or heck, maybe used those g3s that were made into BB?

Avatar credit to BotchanMLP on DeviantArt, and the Starflyer equestria girl is by LordBlumiere here on the arena!

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2013, 06:39:06 PM »
There are some more colorful ones up on ebay right now. They are new listings :)

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2013, 09:36:21 PM »
When people try to sell lots of random ponies, they put up photos of huge assortments of ponies and explain that the photos may not accurately represent the assortment you receive and that your order will be totally random and you can't ask for any particular figures to be included. This makes perfect sense, but it's also really frustrating when you see all those beautiful ones you're still missing but have no way of knowing whether you'd get the right ones or not. Anyway, these photos are also opportunities to look for unfamiliar faces, and I think I found one?
Spoiler

A pink pegasus with purple eyes, one color only, translucent with glitter. Not only has that pony never been released, that style hasn't even been used since wave 4. But wait, what's that cutie mark? Well, it sure looks like this lady? Who wasn't originally planned to be an alicorn??
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 09:39:06 PM by VioletCLM »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal