collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Skylanders Giants anyone?  (Read 448 times)

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Skylanders Giants anyone?
« on: June 22, 2013, 01:13:03 PM »
Yeah, I finally caved and got a Skylanders game!  Gamestop is having a sale today on the starter packs, just $39.99.  It's almost half price!  Also they had an exclusive 'Polar Whirlwind' figure too. 

I'm *really* happy with my purchase!   I love games like this and used to have several Spyro games, so this is right up my alley.  Granted I know this is a 'kids game', but I am enjoying it a great deal right now.  :)

So, do any other adults here play?    Got any tips for a Skylanders newbie?  Any favorite characters?

Right now I love my Polar Whirlwind!   I also got Flashwing and love her as well.  Very pretty and her spin attack is fairly powerful!  :D

Thanks for reading my random post!
~Wystearya

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Skylanders Giants anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 08:03:30 PM »
You are so lucky! I really want a Polar Whirlwind! I love Skylanders! It's awesome!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 05:30:43 AM »
Thank you for the kind reply.  :)

I'm just excited about it.  I haven't bought a new game in ages.  I don't care for the gory adult shooter games.  I got tired of playing my Pokemon games and haven't picked them up in months.  So, it's just nice to have a fun game again!

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 10:03:52 AM »
Aww, sounds like a lot of fun ^^

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 02:36:25 PM »
Ooh, me! :D

I absolutely love Skylanders, and I can't wait for Swap Force! My fave is either Spyro himself or Sonic Boom. If we're including NPC/villains... Kaos :P

One recommendation I do have is, if you need to upgrade a lot of Skylanders, harvest coins on the later levels - You can get a Skylander to full level with all upgrades in about 30 minutes :)

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 03:15:47 PM »
I played until I beat it... and then it wasn't fun anymore. I really thought there would be more to it! I was hoping for something more akin to Monster Rancher!

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2013, 03:57:48 AM »
Aww, sounds like a lot of fun ^^

So far it really is!   A little like Pokemon in that you can train up your individual characters.  And a fun adventure game too.

I absolutely love Skylanders, and I can't wait for Swap Force! My fave is either Spyro himself or Sonic Boom. If we're including NPC/villains... Kaos :P

One recommendation I do have is, if you need to upgrade a lot of Skylanders, harvest coins on the later levels - You can get a Skylander to full level with all upgrades in about 30 minutes :)

Thanks for the tip!   I am currently trying to get my Whirlwind enough coins to be able to fly!

Anything new/different about the upcoming Swap Force game?  I know nothing about it other than it is coming out soon. 

I played until I beat it... and then it wasn't fun anymore. I really thought there would be more to it! I was hoping for something more akin to Monster Rancher!

I'm not familiar with Monster Rancher, so I can't make any comparison there.  I do see how one could get through the main part quickly.  I plan to go back and -try- to get 100% of all the levels completed.  Looks like there is a lot left to do/find even after you move on to the next chapter.  At least it does for me right now.  I've just barely begun to play really!   I am also doing the challenges for my characters too, increasing the stats a bit as I go. 

So far I am happy with it, but since I just started maybe I will find it too short too..?   I dunno yet!

Offline sd_dreamcrystal

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Reach far beyond the boundaries of imagination.
    • View Profile
    • DreamCrystalArt @ DeviantART
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 05:33:34 AM »
I've never played Skylanders because I don't have the game system for it.. Except a 3ds but I don't think the 3ds version is still available?

I'm not familiar with Monster Rancher, so I can't make any comparison there.  I do see how one could get through the main part quickly.  I plan to go back and -try- to get 100% of all the levels completed.  Looks like there is a lot left to do/find even after you move on to the next chapter.  At least it does for me right now.  I've just barely begun to play really!   I am also doing the challenges for my characters too, increasing the stats a bit as I go. 

So far I am happy with it, but since I just started maybe I will find it too short too..?   I dunno yet!
Monster rancher is where you raise anywhere from 3 to 6 monsters (depending on the game). You train them and battle them and there is a story plot for part of the game. After the plot you can still raise monsters to complete your chart and get all the way to the highest ranking rancher level, plus find really rare monsters later in the game. The way you get monsters is reviving them from real world cds (again depending on the game you're playing, the handheld versions used words. PS1 games used any CD but dvd cds, PS2 games used all cds/dvds but blu-ray). I've not played MR Evo though so I don't know how that game is done.
My DeviantArt, why not drop by and take a look!

Cherokie-chan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2013, 12:04:47 PM »
It looks kind of fun, and the figures are neat.  I don't currently have any of the systems it's for, but I've been thinking of getting a PS3.  Then again, I probably shouldn't get into this kind of thing since I don't really need to be collecting any more little plastic things...

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2013, 12:22:58 PM »
There is a WHITE Whirlwind???  WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED?!  Off to Gamestop!

I only play as the dragons.  I think Cynder, Whirlwind, Drobot, and Flashwing are my favorites, but I also love Bash.  I haven't used my Jade Flashwing yet.  I wanted to wait til I got all the new poses of the old charcters, especially so I could level them up enough to choose whatever path I didn't choose in the first game, so I'll have both.  :) 

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2013, 12:40:44 PM »
There is a WHITE Whirlwind???  WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED?!  Off to Gamestop!

I only play as the dragons.  I think Cynder, Whirlwind, Drobot, and Flashwing are my favorites, but I also love Bash.  I haven't used my Jade Flashwing yet.  I wanted to wait til I got all the new poses of the old charcters, especially so I could level them up enough to choose whatever path I didn't choose in the first game, so I'll have both.  :) 

If you can't find her let me know and I might be able to get her for you.  Yesterday my Gamestop still had several in stock.  They might still have some even now. 

I love the dragons too!  I have Whirlwind, Cynder and Flashwing now.  I am wanting to get Drobot and Spyro as soon as I can find them.  :)  Flashwing is super pretty in the game!  I looked up her Jade figure, very neat!  Glad I like blue & purple best though.  I don't want to want a 'rare' figure already.  LOL!

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2013, 01:07:15 PM »
That would be awesome wystearya!  I plan on going to GS after work tonight.  Mr. Skeen owes me a treat anyway.  :)  I'll let you know if I don't find her!

I like to pick up extra figures for my nephew.  He won't take them home bcause he doesn't have the game, but he likes to play it at my house, so I just buy him whatever figures he wants (it's not many, oddly) and he plays with them.  Occasionally he wants one of mine, but mostly he just likes Trigger Happy.  ;)

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2013, 01:16:04 PM »
Hehe, my nephew got my husband and I both hooked on SKylanders.  It's actually such a cute game.  In all honesty, we probably could have gone through quickly and beat the game...but we wanted to take our time.  We got lots of characters and are going through trying to level them up high.  We take our time going through levels - and we usually do the levels multiple times so we can get all of the "objectives" at the end.

I'm pretty impressed with this game.  Creative, clever, and fun!

Offline Sora

• Pokémon Master
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 02:32:01 PM »

Thanks for the tip!   I am currently trying to get my Whirlwind enough coins to be able to fly!

Anything new/different about the upcoming Swap Force game?  I know nothing about it other than it is coming out soon. 
I know that a lot of the characters have been revealed now. I'm loving Fire Kraken most!
There's also the pre-order bonus (LC Hex), but besides that not too much. Spoiler unless you've completed the game:
Spoiler
I heard a rumor that Kaos' mother will be in this game too.

Aqua Heart custom by Kitkumi!

Offline wystearya

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2013, 01:38:18 PM »
That would be awesome wystearya!  I plan on going to GS after work tonight.  Mr. Skeen owes me a treat anyway.  :)  I'll let you know if I don't find her!

I hope you found her!  Do let me know though, I have couple of GameStop stores in my area I can check.

Hehe, my nephew got my husband and I both hooked on SKylanders.  It's actually such a cute game.  In all honesty, we probably could have gone through quickly and beat the game...but we wanted to take our time.  We got lots of characters and are going through trying to level them up high.  We take our time going through levels - and we usually do the levels multiple times so we can get all of the "objectives" at the end.

I'm pretty impressed with this game.  Creative, clever, and fun!

This is kind of what I am doing.  I have several characters (but need 3 more to get all the 'elements') and I am taking my time and doing all the challenges trying to level them up.  I need to go back to the first level though, as I missed a lot of the objectives.  I think it depends on how you play.  If you just go through and skip a lot, then I can see how it would be a short game.  But when you do all the tasks and challenges, then it really takes time to get it all accomplished!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal