collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Another bad ebay seller  (Read 1039 times)

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Another bad ebay seller
« on: June 21, 2013, 02:32:30 PM »
Seriously? What has the ebay-world come to!

A private seller in Germany had listed several individual G4 ponies for auction. I won three auctions, i.e. three ponies. Due to the size and weight of the ponies it would have been possible to send all three of them in one large padded envelope or one small parcel. When I asked for combined shipping, the seller refused and demanded the added costs of all three auctions, i.e. the cost for three padded envelopes or three small parcels.

I tried to reason with the seller politely, suggesting again and again combined postage and packing (who would voluntarily prepare and post three parcels instead of one? ... what a hassle!). At first, she told me a sob story of her life (she clearly wanted to keep the excess money for herself), then she verbally abused, insulted and screamed at me in her messages.

I suggested to combine packing for one final time, telling her that I would otherwise insist on three individual parcels so that she would not be able to keep the exess money for herself. I then called customer service who told me that this was indeed the only thing I could do except for leaving a neutral feedback where I addressed some of my concerns. The seller - now clearly intend on being mean and hurting me financially since she had not been able to trick me out of my money for her gain - agreed on three individual parcels.

So, I wired the money and am now waiting for three ponies to arrive in three individual parcels posted from the same address at the same time. Paying so much unneccesary money for postage and packing hurt. A lot. In particular, since in one case the postage for the parcel is higher than the cost of the pony contained within. :(
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 02:38:26 PM by Libelle »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
Re: Another bad ebay seller
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 02:40:14 PM »
So sorry you had to deal with this. I get where you are coming from but Technically they don't have to do combine shipping but if they don't want to but then they must send seperately. I've had this issue once before. They seller said they don't offer combined shipping but when I received the items, they were shipped together. I contacted ebay and they told me they weren't allowed to combine them since they stated they didn't accept it. I contacted them about the issue and they refunded me some shipping cost. Keep an eye out if they actually do combine the ponies as you may be able to get a partial refund on the shipping. And if they are seperate, leave a neutral so others can be warned about their bad behavior.

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline Libelle

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 02:54:55 PM »
Keep an eye out if they actually do combine the ponies as you may be able to get a partial refund on the shipping. And if they are seperate, leave a neutral so others can be warned about their bad behavior.

Yep, that's what I'm planning to do. :) Thanks, though! <3

I totally understand that there are valid reasons for refusing to combine shipping and I would never have objected if such were the case. However, since they were positively begging for money (sob story) it was obvious that refusing combined shipping, but eventually sending a combined shipment was exactly what they were intending to do for their personal gain. Sigh. I have learned my lesson! ;)

Thank you Sundown for my Fairy Tail Birds!
Wishlist

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 03:38:23 PM »
Keep an eye out if they actually do combine the ponies as you may be able to get a partial refund on the shipping. And if they are seperate, leave a neutral so others can be warned about their bad behavior.

Yep, that's what I'm planning to do. :) Thanks, though! <3

Yep, that is what I would do too.  I am glad you are aware to do so.

I have told this story before but about a year ago I won some Boyds Bear houses from a lady. They went pretty cheap and I asked for combined shipping and she wouldn't do it. I even offered her advice on how they could be shipped. Then she also stating the houses went cheap enough so basically screw me. Ok, fine I said. But in the end if she has done her homework it would have been cheaper to combine them in a flat rate box from the USPS instead of doing it separately. So in the end it cost her money. I should have felt bad but I thought  :shrug: she should have listened to me.

Anyways please keep us posted!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Honey Buzz Oregon

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 09:53:45 PM »
Maybe it's something zapping sellers through the computer. LOL I'm sorry you had to go through that :( At least you're getting your ponies still.

Offline salemsparkler

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • TotallySparkler on Etsy
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 10:30:54 AM »
At first, she told me a sob story of her life (she clearly wanted to keep the excess money for herself), then she verbally abused, insulted and screamed at me in her messages.

I'd definetly forward them to ebay - meaning report the seller for verbal abuse. Whatever happens to the shipping - THIS is not right.

xx

Offline HorsingAround

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 10:54:21 AM »
That really stinks.  :(  I think sellers should be required to post their policy on combined shipping.  If they will, awesome. :ohyeah:  If not, I think the potential buyer should be made well aware!  I don't blame you one bit for insisting that the packages each be mailed individually! :nod:  Hopefully, the seller will learn that, that is NOT good business practice...  If she wanted more money for the ponies, she should have started the auction price higher rather than trying to recoup or make more money with the shipping aspect of the transaction. 
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Gandhi

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2013, 05:53:40 AM »
I've been getting this so much lately, sellers refusing to combine, even on multiple items from the same listing... and they're really screwing themselves, because if they lose one item in the mail, ebay will force them to do a full refund if I was to open a not received case, because the items are combined at checkout and through the ebay feedback and dispute system.

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal