collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I Thought I'd Never Like...  (Read 951 times)

Offline kittybethy

• Trade Count: (+266)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Life is way to precious to spend it being cool!
    • View Profile
Re: I Thought I'd Never Like...
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2013, 07:49:42 AM »
Sushi!!  I thought it was so gross in high school (I still hate fish).

However, I found out that there are different kinds of sushi, and I love it!!!

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 08:44:58 AM »
Oysters....

I was told that they're fantastic... but they just looked like globs of mucus.

So I tried one and I was sick sick sick the whole evening.... so there we go, I was right to think that!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2013, 12:56:41 PM »
I once tried calamari, and ended up getting pretty sick. ><

I also never thought I'd like hamburgers again. I stopped eating them for about 10 years, then I got pregnant and craved them. Haha.

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

Offline Summer-blade

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/profile.php?id=100000958584055
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 01:07:16 PM »
Oysters....

I was told that they're fantastic... but they just looked like globs of mucus.

So I tried one and I was sick sick sick the whole evening.... so there we go, I was right to think that!

they are much much better breaded and fried that's the only way I eat them

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2013, 01:11:18 PM »
Coconut and shrimp chips.

I'm an absurdly picky eater so I approach every food with caution. I got handed a shrimp cracker on a train ride in Japan and ate it out of politeness but it was really good! Now I buy bags of shrimp chips at Asian markets when I can.

Coconut I don't remember when I tried it but I am hooked. If something comes in a coconut flavor I will eat it or drink it.

Duster reference]

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2013, 03:09:00 PM »
Tapas! Now I am all about tapas. Seriously, point me to tapas and I am there.

And Brussels sprouts. So good. I love them. Steamed, boiled.. we eat them every two weeks without fail.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 03:12:00 PM by StoryDreamer »
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2013, 03:12:47 PM »
Oh sushi for sure-  I tried it once in a very INLAND city (my first mistake) and it was so terrible it put me off it for a long time.  Also- the thought of raw fish freaked me out.

Thank GOODNESS I came around- sushi is my favorite thing to eat now- particularly the slabs of entirely raw fish.  :biggrin:

Offline Honeycomb

• Looking for BB brushes and bandannas!
  • Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+137)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Wanted: MIB FT Baby Tic Tac Toe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2013, 11:08:06 PM »
Beer.
And shrimps.
Now I love both.

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2013, 12:49:42 AM »
For me, I'd say carrots. I never started eating them until I became a vegetarian (which I just realized will be a year one day from tomorrow, wooo) and honestly, I'm not crazy about them but at least I can stand them. I don't pick out the shredded bits from salad anymore and I'm actually quite fond of them with hummus. I still don't eat them often though.

As for foods that I used to love but now hate... cottage cheese! Yuck! It used to be my favorite food around preschool or so, but once at daycare I was eating some that got mixed in with applesauce and it grossed me out for another 15 years or so. I tried it again a few years ago and couldn't handle it. Tried it again last summer, but still can't do the plainness.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 01:04:14 AM by Rachel-Eyes »

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2013, 12:55:50 AM »
Sushi would definitely be one of them. The idea of eating raw fish really irked me. But my brother convined me to try it and I actually liked it and found out they have more than just fish. I've tried raw eel and octopus and shrimp sushi, and it's not bad. I can't eat it all the time, but I get cravings now and then.

Another would cheese balls. I used to look at them at grocery stores and thought they looked just like vomit. Then an old coworker of mine brought one into work that had a slight wine flavor to it, and some crackers to go along with it. I was immediately addicted.

Also seafood in general. As a kid I was scared to try any kind of shellfish. Now I love it and it's a rare treat to get because it's so expensive. I really like shrimp, lobster, oysters, and crab.
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline wystearya

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2013, 05:00:34 AM »
Mine was pecan pie.   I always thought it looked gross!   When I finally tried it (just a few years ago, I am 33) I loved it!   Tastes like candy!  Not sure what I thought it would taste like before, I just knew the brown goo looked unappetizing.  Now I never pass up the pecan pie!  lol!

kirei_na_sakura

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2013, 11:55:29 AM »
I've always hated onions, but I tried carmelized and they are so good. But raw and grilled onions are still yuck. I'm not sure if this counts... :P

Eaglefeather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2013, 12:22:25 PM »
I'm a pretty picky eater anyway, but I'd never thought I'd learn to like pie, hotdogs, and hot chocolate. I still don't like some pies like apple and blueberry, but I now can tolerate raspberry and especially pumpkin pie. The crust is the best part.

As a kid, I used to feel sick to my stomach and get headaches eating hotdogs. It was a bummer, because my parents made them a lot when I was little as my brother and sister loved hotdogs. The hotdog breakthrough occurred when my parents forced me to eat a hotdog at a relative's house. Now, for some reason I love hotdogs!

As for the hot chocolate, one day I just decided I wanted to give it another try, and I ended up loving it. I had had it once before and didn't like it at all. Weird how hat happens!

So, I wonder if I'll ever enjoy seafood?  :wonder: I can't even smell shrimp without feeling awfully sick!

Offline Sugar

• Norwegian Fnord Pony
  • Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sock/earring fiend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2013, 04:53:20 PM »
Neat thread!  I'm wanting my son to read this - he's been a pretty picky eater for most of his life (the past-baby-food stages, anyway - before he had a say in the matter, he practically hoovered everything up! :lol:).  But lately, he's been trying one new thing every day.  So far, he's discovered he loves:  popcorn shrimp, won ton soup (without the green onion garnish), chicken wings, onion rings, and (the capper) frog's legs!  We're still nowheresville on bona-fide vegetables (he'll only eat cauliflower, broccoli, corn, and occasionally zucchini), but at least he's game to try.  A year or so ago, nada.

I, on the other hand, will try just about anything. (Except horse meat.  My French friends swear it's marvellous, but I am a conscientious objector - zomg, ponies! :freak:) The last thing I tried and loved was red bean mochi. :heart:  Didn't think I'd like a bean-based sweet, but wow!  I can't wait until my holiday, I hear there's a bubble tea stand at the Asian supermarket we'll be visiting, and I'm super-eager to give it a go. ;)

Thanks to Sourdough stomper for my Advent signature, and to Nence for my avatar! :lovey:
Wishlist - I'm back on (semi-) active buying again... can't buy everything on my wish list all at once (yay, back-to-school and tuition fees), but I am still looking to plump up my collection a bit more: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,380638.0.html
Sales/trades - http://mlparena.com/index.php?topic=381378.msg1572410#msg1572410

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2013, 05:45:54 PM »
I've always been an adventurous eater. That being said I didn't think I'd like octopus (in sushi). Turns out I love me some squiggles. Sooo good.

Now squid at most sushi places, like I should be using it for bait (I fish). Not the taste per say but the texture is what gets me.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal