collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: So thoughts on Argentina Butterscotch with Long Orange Hair  (Read 3191 times)

Offline Caro:3

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
Re: So thoughts on Argentina Butterscotch with Long Orange Hair
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2013, 07:40:32 PM »
when I see a pony with her body in poor condition and perfect hair, I suspect. But besides the hair color is a variant, no way, is a rehair.

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2013, 09:08:58 PM »
Looks like a rehair to me.. Uhhh Why can't people leave ponies be or mark as a rehair.
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+1687)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2013, 06:48:32 AM »
Looks like a rehair to me.. Uhhh Why can't people leave ponies be or mark as a rehair.

I know, that's my Biggest Gripe.  Now she's in someones collection probably and they think they have something "Rare & HTF" when in fact she's just a custom
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline ravengusty

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2013, 07:05:24 AM »
I'm not an avid nirvana collector and mostly sticking to Italians because they're in my price range but even I thought that was a rehair as soon as I saw it because I've never seen that pony in any form with the that hair colour and i stalk ebay every day so I'd have seen one. And I just looked through the nirvana photos wow beauties!

Why must people lie like that I'm sure someone would have paid a good price for her even knowing she's a rehair. My Mimic was rehaired (not nirvana but an example) because the seller found her in such poor condition but she stated clearly that she was a rehair and so I knew it.

Though you can usually tell a rehair as most people never cut the hair short enough to look natural once they've rehaired.

Shame on that seller for ignoring comments on both this pony and the italy x macau snuzzdrop
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2013, 09:21:48 AM »
I know who you are talking about and I have watched this person sell obvious customs as rares often. Sigh

Post Merge: June 26, 2013, 09:22:58 AM

I asked her point blank if it was a rehair. she said

"No, she hasn't.  This is how I received her a few years ago and I have seen another one with the same hair.  They came with very long hair."

I always ask too and always get a similar response.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 09:23:29 AM by tulagirl »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline ravengusty

• Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2013, 09:29:38 AM »
Judging from every ones comments this seller knows exactly what she's selling but is telling big fibs to get more money, as claiming to have 11 years experience and having sold Macaus and argies before and yet can't tell the difference between her italy and macau heads and her argie hair colours is a crock of ****

this seller knows what she's selling and doesn't care
my new fan page https://www.facebook.com/princessofpowerukfan
:socks:
Just so you know...I open boxes! My cash, my pony, my choice  :biggrin:
Respect to Box lovers you have stronger will than I do...peace  :)

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2013, 10:08:47 AM »
I have passed the information on along with these thread links to LovesBabySquirmy for her Bad trader.  The seller is already on there under previous user names and it will be up to LBS if she decides to add this user name to the list.
It is frustrating but there do seem to be those ebay sellers who just don't care.
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline jjponies

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2013, 06:30:57 PM »
Ok, I admit that I was the one who bought the pony. :( I had never bought from her before. The seller shipped quickly and I received her fast. The first thing I did was take her head off. She is indeed a re-hair.  So, I messaged the seller through ebay and said that I received an item that wasn't as described. Additionally, I sent pictures of the inside of the heads of a non-rehair Argie Butterscotch that I already had, along with the re-haired one I bought. She claimed that she bought them years ago and doesn't know what a re-hair is. I told her that I wanted a partial refund since re-hairs aren't worth that much. I asked for a $60 refund. She offered $50 refund so I took it. Needless to say, I don't think she would've refunded any if I hadn't put a claim in through ebay. She was not very happy and was not the nicest in our dealings. Lesson learned by me. I think I got lucky to get some money back though.

Offline maycrestmom

• Trade Count: (+114)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2013, 08:24:08 PM »
hmmm... not the way I would recommend to go about getting a "deal" on ebay - you were lucky you got a partial refund as depending on what your purchase history looks like (like mine is mostly ponies) she could have potentially made a case you "knew better" and just been difficult / demanding the pony back etc.  so be glad there were all those other comments she had as well from other members that told her that pony was not legit to back you up in this case

guess the best I can offer at this point is to mark that pony please!  and enjoy your cool rehair
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

loves me dem green ponies (thank you Lunar!)

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2013, 08:32:58 PM »
Actually, she specifically states it in her auctions...

"Please if you have any problems or not happy with your purchase, please email me so I can work things out with you, Before leaving feedback of any kind.  I accept partial or full refunds, I really want customers to be Very Happy with your purchases!  I appreciate it so much, Thank You."
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline Pythia

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2013, 04:54:48 AM »
Ok, I admit that I was the one who bought the pony. :( I had never bought from her before. The seller shipped quickly and I received her fast. The first thing I did was take her head off. She is indeed a re-hair.  So, I messaged the seller through ebay and said that I received an item that wasn't as described. Additionally, I sent pictures of the inside of the heads of a non-rehair Argie Butterscotch that I already had, along with the re-haired one I bought. She claimed that she bought them years ago and doesn't know what a re-hair is. I told her that I wanted a partial refund since re-hairs aren't worth that much. I asked for a $60 refund. She offered $50 refund so I took it. Needless to say, I don't think she would've refunded any if I hadn't put a claim in through ebay. She was not very happy and was not the nicest in our dealings. Lesson learned by me. I think I got lucky to get some money back though.

Awww, I'm sorry that she fooled you. :( You must be so disappointed. :( At least you got some money back. And please leave her bad feedback! She actually has really good feedback on ebay, which is why I suspect people are still getting tricked by her! I can't believe she said she didn't know what a rehair was, after claiming to be an experienced seller AND being asked by multiple people if she was a rehair! Urgh!
Looking for: Alternate Birthflowers, Baity wingers, So softs - both minty and for deflocking - and DREAM BEAUTIES!

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2013, 01:04:02 AM »
Okay, so, when I was here years ago, there was a seller named L11111111Y or something, but that said, I *swear* this seller is the same person.  The photos are identical, or least to my eyes.

But anyways, it was hit and miss.  She was always quick and the ponies were always clean, so I always bought.  However, I was kind of burnt of even buying ponies after I got into a ridiculous bid war over a Blueberry Baskets that she claimed was absolutely mint. 

She wasn't. 

I paid $80 for a Blueberry Baskets with crunchy hair and tail rust. 

My most regretted pony purchase, for sure.

But if someone could confirm for me if it's the same seller or not, I would like to know. 

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2013, 07:25:05 AM »
Okay, so, when I was here years ago, there was a seller named L11111111Y or something, but that said, I *swear* this seller is the same person.  The photos are identical, or least to my eyes.

But anyways, it was hit and miss.  She was always quick and the ponies were always clean, so I always bought.  However, I was kind of burnt of even buying ponies after I got into a ridiculous bid war over a Blueberry Baskets that she claimed was absolutely mint. 

She wasn't. 

I paid $80 for a Blueberry Baskets with crunchy hair and tail rust. 

My most regretted pony purchase, for sure.

But if someone could confirm for me if it's the same seller or not, I would like to know.

That Arena user was dot100dogs who is also the currant seller on ebay we have been discussing.  The original seller she claimed was her daughter using the new ebay id but the daughter no longer had time to sell her ponies.  This was Stated in some of the original ads when the seller Id started up on ebay.  I believe the bad trader list has been updated.  She showed up on the Old Arena with that user name to defend herself in a thread which involved something similar to the threads here now.
Shel-t* Ponies

Offline Sabrina

• Trade Count: (+88)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2013, 09:53:15 AM »
I feel really confused about this seller because I've only had good dealings with her but now I'm finding out all this bad stuff. I gave her the benefit of the doubt the first time the Macau Snuzzledrop popped up but I'm not so confident now. I have a pony in the mail from her now (I won her before I saw the second thread about Snuzzledrop and this thread). I think she'll be my last pony from this seller. I'm just too freaked out now.
I'm just so disappointed in her. I mean she found me a Hugster when I couldn't find one. I just expected better from this seller. :(

Offline shelti

• *Arena VIP*
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2013, 10:04:04 AM »
I feel really confused about this seller because I've only had good dealings with her but now I'm finding out all this bad stuff. I gave her the benefit of the doubt the first time the Macau Snuzzledrop popped up but I'm not so confident now. I have a pony in the mail from her now (I won her before I saw the second thread about Snuzzledrop and this thread). I think she'll be my last pony from this seller. I'm just too freaked out now.
I'm just so disappointed in her. I mean she found me a Hugster when I couldn't find one. I just expected better from this seller. :(

Sabrina, if you have been happy with the seller then I would just use caution.
You need to know your ponies including variants because she is not going to refund you without a  hassle if you mess up and buy something that is not as Described when you get it.  That has been clear all along and even though she claims to have the Variations from her collection she obviously is not as knowledgeable as she thinks she is for 11 years of collection.
Shel-t* Ponies

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal