collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Silly Things... my sis got ID'd... buying root beer :P  (Read 3387 times)

Offline Sea_Breeze

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Silly Things... my sis got ID'd... buying root beer :P
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2013, 02:02:13 AM »
I got I'D'd for buying Royal Crown Cola, the age limit here for alcohol is 18 & I was at least 23... Having said that the clerk did have a disability of some sort so it wasn't too big of a deal. I had to explain twice to her that its just Cola :)
Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears - anonymous

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2013, 03:19:16 AM »
In my first year of uni I got Id to buy forks in the pound shop... that was pretty embarrassing!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Shaiyeh

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+78)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • Watch my Youtube!
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 03:41:17 AM »
I was carded for buying cigarettes once... I'm 21 and you have to be 18. And I don't think I look like I'm 18, I must say :S Though underaged people can get away with buying it and not getting carded >_>
I always get carded for everything, though. I guess I should be happy about it as long as they ask!

Thanks izard for my super cute ava and Starscout for my wonderful siggie!

Offline Eviecorn

• Chancellor Pudding Hat
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
  • Mister, would you please help my pony?
    • View Profile
    • Do-San-Ko Customs on Facebook
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2013, 06:10:54 AM »
I LOVE Ginger Beer.  My new ponysona's name is Ginger Beer even (the guy in my sig.)

I got carded for an R-rated movie recently ... first time in my life.  I'm 30.  XD

:glitter: :taco:  Throw caution to the wind and fart on it. :taco: :glitter:
Art commissions!

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2013, 07:17:38 AM »
I wanted to kiss the check out assistant who carded me for a bottle of wine a couple of months ago...but that would have been a weird cougar moment. So instead I just thanked him, showed him my drivers license and literally bounced out the store with the thought I looked that young.

Only to be told by my 60+ year old neighbour 2 nights later she got carded in the same store...turns out it was a change in store policy :( Everyone is checked.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2013, 08:01:02 AM »
I was buying an actual alcoholic drink once while my sister was with me, shes two years younger then me, and at the time she WAS under age. and the lady asked for my ID which I gave her, because laws are laws etc. but then she looks expectantly at my sister, "i need yours too." xD I was like what? shes not drinking? of course shes not old enough, do you want my 5 year old son to show you his ID as well. :p (I wasnt aggressive with her, if anything i was trying to be very nice about it, and joke with her.) her co worker, turned around and tapped her on the shoulder and just shook his head like "no, you cant ask for her ID"

I was a little paranoid that she might follow me out thinking I was buying drinks for my sister or something xD, ill also add that my sister was very obviously preggers, I know you dont usually want to just "assume" someone is pregnant, but still it was just a silly thing to have happen.

ROFLOL your son's id...seriously I guess people are just scared as there are fines possibly and possible jail time for making a mistake.  Thats pretty funny though.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2013, 08:32:08 AM »
I worked at a store once whose policy was to card everyone. You'd be surprised how obnoxious about it some people can be and then others are just thrillled.

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 09:40:55 AM »
Oh goodness, root beer is non alcoholic!

Ive got one.  I was buying a game thats 18+ for my BF for his birthday, and the cashiere went to my dad (who had tagged allong ot get something else) and ignored me like I was a little kid to ask if he wanted the game and to make sure he knew that it was an 18+ game, that it shouldnt be played by little kids ect.

I flipped!  When I asked how old she thought I was, she said 16.  I was 25 at the time, a year older then her.  I get that you arent supposed to sell to certain people but usually you ask for ID in a non discrimenenting way first.

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2013, 11:25:19 AM »
i was a cashier once, so yeah xD we HAD to card everyone who looked younger then like 50 or something (cant remember exact age appearance)

a lot of the older people were thrilled xD or I would get looks like "what?" but a lot of the time I had to card someone who was younger, i would get the defensive, "whys?" and "oh i forgot my wallet." etc

for some reason, especially with women, they would get like really offended and angry with me. o.o and I would just think "sorry I dont want to loose my job."

annnyway xD i think the only reason I get carded now is when I buy games xD since I hardly ever drink. (litterally maybe once a year lmao)
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline Chrissytree

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+266)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • My Weebly Pony Sales
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2013, 12:27:34 PM »
I guess Root Beer is America's answer to Ginger Beer :) Not that they're anything alike.  I like the Fiery Jamaican Ginger Beer :D but it's only good if you like it hot hot hot!
So if you guys don't have ginger beer the "Famous Five" must have confused people when they had "lashings and lashings of ginger beer" with their picnics :rofl:

My Mum has a US mirror advert for Coca cola
"The most refreshing drink in the world.  Wherever ginger ale, seltzer or soda is good, Coca cola is better. Try it. In Glass or bottle. 1c"
Cocaine is where the coca bit comes from :P No wonder you felt refreshed!  Imagine being ID'd for coke :P

Offline Ivaness

• Henry the 8th's Missing Wife
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • The Most Happy
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2013, 04:12:56 PM »
I've never been carded. Ever. Not once in my life. :(

WHY DO I LOOK SO OLD!

Avatar by: KissTheThunder Signature By: Nence
Silver Shy Ref Autine Ref

mylittleponylover92

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2013, 04:21:08 PM »
I get ID'd constantly!

Once even for Bonjela (treatment gel for mouth ulcers) its mainly cos it cannot be given to people under 16 - as it was the adult one.

However, funny story once. I was in game buying a new DS game I think it was a CSI one. I had no make up on and it was 2ish on a Monday afternoon. Anyways the guy asked for my ID I thought to myself 'oh was it an 18? I didnt realise' and said I didnt have any and sadly left the shop feeling embarrassed.

Several days later when I was out with my sister we went in another store and I looked at the game....it was a 16!!! HE THOUGHT I WAS SCHOOL AGE!  :lol:  :shocked:
I should of said to him "shouldn't you be asking why Im not at school?" its against the law for under 16s to not be!

My sister thought it was hilarious. I just couldnt believe I can look that young! Although that was when I was 18 so over 2 years a go now!

I think its cos Im so petite - Ive noticed some taller people (girls in particular) dont get ID'd!

However, if I have make-up on the chances of me getting checked reduce slightly. I think it can depend on the person lol

Also once I rang to reserve a table for my bf and I and the guy said over the phone: "we operate a challenge 21 policy so bring your ID with you if you plan on drinking, since you sound very young"
So I even sound like a child  >_<  :lol:

My mum has been told that at 40 over the phone once when she rang my school..."she was like Im a 40 yr old parent!" lmao  :P
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:27:21 PM by mylittleponylover92 »

Offline fiwen30

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2013, 10:22:48 AM »
Oh dear!

I got ID'd for TEASPOONS once. I was putting them through the self-checkout and they must've flagged as kitchen utensils of the pointy variety. The guy working actually demanded to see my ID as well!
Check out and Favourite my Esy shop! @ https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/TheBrightRedBee?ref=si_shop

Actively buying ALL My Beautiful Horses models, riders, tack, playsets, magazines etc.! PM me!

Offline Sky_Rocket_Sammie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • "Rules of the road Sammy"-Dean Winchester
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2013, 11:25:55 AM »
Everyone's stories are great. I've worked as a cashier, so I'm always nice in return.
Bleh Coke is like drinking battery acid. I won't drink it unless it's been mixed with chocolate syrup.

Funniest one was my pocket knife from Wally World. I get not letting little little kids (under six) having one. But the clerk asked me if I understood that it was "real".  Rolls eyes, of course. :p No I thought it was pretend. Sorry, I've been around tools and such since I was six years old. And know how to properly handle them. At the time I bought the knife, I was 34. Yes I do look young but not that young.

Avi by Gizmo & Sig by Moonbreeze

Offline kestral_kitsune

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • "We're all Mad here."
    • View Profile
    • my deviantart
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2013, 04:28:22 PM »
I worked in a gas station..and I carded EVERYONE  who wanted booze or cigs it didn't even matter. I even went 'oi ID ' to my boss. Who laughed at me and showed it.. I think the best reaction was me asking the sheriff for his ID. he was all..dude.. seriously I'm over 18.. i'm all.. no card no booze..

turned out later the sheriff was conducting a test to make sure we were ID'ing people, one of the other girls got fired the next day for failing it and the store was fined 500.oo for not carding the 'minor bait' they sent in.
art page
Kestral ref!!   want list
designs for sale and commission information

thanks to SDS for my sig

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal