collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Flouncy eBayer hellokittylover2480 may cause headaches w/ insomniatic bidding.  (Read 787 times)

Offline Cool.Breeze

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
My eBay auctions ended yesterday, most items paid up right away. Great! However, I woke up this morning with these two messages in my inbox (regarding a stuffed bear with plastic eyes):

--------

Hi,

I noticed you put that one of the eyes were scratched, but they also look 2 different colors. The other ones I've seen had blue eyes. Do you have a better picture of the eyes that I can see?

Thanks,
(real name removed)

--------

Hi,

Sorry, don't mean to bother you again, I just wanted to make sure that I'm ok with the condition of the eyes on the bear before you ship it. International shipping is very expensive, and I would lose the $30 plus another $15 if I had to return it. If you please send me more pictures of the face and eyes.

Thanks,
(real name removed)

--------

I was a little irked that a bidder would buy and pay, THEN ask these questions, but, whatever. I get up to go take photos of the bear, and just as I'm doing so this comes in (alerted by my phone in my robe pocket):

--------

Request to change an order:

Hi,

I just looked at the pictures again and noticed how badly the right eye is scuffed :( I suffer from insomnia and purchased this when I was up until 4:30AM, and at the time I was not aware that the right eye has that big white area where it is scuffed badly. There is not a picture showing only the right eye, so at that time I was assuming that the scuffs were the minor ones in the one picture showing only the eye. I apologize but I would like to cancel this order. As I said, I suffer from insomnia and purchased this item around 4:Am when I was very tired. If you ship the bear to me and I return it, I'm out $30 just for the international shipping to Canada. Again, I apologize but I would like to cancel this order. I was under the impression that the one photo of the eye was the one that was damaged. Please let me know if you can cancel this order and issue a refund.

Thank you,
(real name removed)

--------

So at this point, we've gone from requesting photos of the bear to a total of three messages I haven't even had a chance to reply to and a change order request.

This was my reply:

--------

The scuffed eye is clearly photographed, it's the 3rd photo in the listing. I just woke up and got all 3 of your messages at once. I'll be taking the issue to Trader Support to see what my next move should be. I'll be in touch about the matter as soon as possible.

--------

I was going to make a post here, but before I got a chance I get this reply minutes later:

-------

I saw the photo of the eye with the tiny scratches. I am talking about the other eye, which clearly looks like there is a big white spot at the top of it. As I said, at 4:30 in the morning I was only looking at the one picture of the other eye. It's the bear's right eye, or as you look at the photo the left I that I'm worried about. At the time I purchased I did notice a difference in the eyes but I assumed it was just from a camera flash or that the photo was taken in poor lighting. There is not a large picture of the eye by itself in the listing showing the damage to the other eye. I live in the USA, the issue is now the cost of me having to return it and ship it back to you. I buy from Ebay all the time as you can clearly see. If I received the bear I would definitely return it. With you living in Canada, that makes my return shipping cost much more expensive since international shipping rates have majorly increased in the US. That's fine, I will contact eBay myself if needed. Thank you.

--------

my response to this:

--------

There is no damage to the other eye, and I'm willing to send photos to prove this. It's just camera flash, I always indicate damage in my listings.

-------

So I sent the photos of the eyes without any glare, and voila, NOW they want the item, request to change order revoked. I don't mind sending extra photos to someone so they can make sure, but making such a request TWICE and then turning it into a cancellation by reason of insomnia without even giving me a chance to reply?  I'm blocking this eBayer from any future auctions. What a HEADACHE.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 06:26:29 AM by Cool.Breeze »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
I'm glad this insanity worked out in the end but geez, what a nightmare! Thanks for the heads up on this one!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
I'm glad this insanity worked out in the end but geez, what a nightmare! Thanks for the heads up on this one!
No kidding! Honestly though I didn't know whether to laugh or cry reading through that. Huge hugs to you Cool.Breeze for keeping your cool.  And try not to lose any sleep over it.  XD No pun intended.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Unicorn_pops

• Trade Count: (+359)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Baby and Winger Collector
    • View Profile
    • Pony Collection
Wow...anxious enough...lol 

Thanks for the heads up

Sale Post  My Collection  My Customs

Offline tulagirl

• Trade Count: (+110)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
Good grief I would be spitting teeth, aren't you supposed to ask for the photos before the auction ends? I mean all of us have had a sleepless night but how is that justification? Shakes head.

Tulagirl's 2019 Wanted List
Thank you Sapphire Rain for my Siggy!
I need Good Weather's Glasses please PM me if you are selling.

Offline DazzleKitty

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+93)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
The person sounds kinda weird. :/
My Wishlist
3DS FC: 5284-1682-0844

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
I would so played this by Ebay's rules - you were the winning bidder?  Pay for it, pay for tracked shipping, let the seller know how much you appreciated their items, and leave feedback.  After that auction ends, the winning bidder  pays.  It doesn't matter about anything else, it matters that the item has been sold. 

If she really doesn't want it in her home, then she can return it to you at HER expense and you can just refund her and move onto the next buyer.  :(  So frustrating though!  *pony hugs*  Very good job keeping your cool!
The Bad Trader List

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
Im glad it worked out atleast. Thats alot of guestions one could ask before bidding. :)

Thank you valerie :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal