collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko SDCC Rainbow Dash on Amazon? and Bubbles! *POOF* Gone!  (Read 25391 times)

Offline RainbowAlicorn999

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Funko SDCC Rainbow Dash on Amazon? and Bubbles! *POOF* Gone!
« Reply #375 on: June 21, 2013, 02:28:21 PM »
Are they really exclusives because I thought DJ P0N 3 would be the exclusive for Comicon and the MLP con.

Offline anthologia

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • a collection : gathering flowers
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 21, 2013, 02:34:29 PM »
Are they really exclusives because I thought DJ P0N 3 would be the exclusive for Comicon and the MLP con.

DJ is the exclusive for Hasbro, not Funko.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

thekozmicpig

« Reply #377 on: June 21, 2013, 02:49:19 PM »
It is a little worrisome though that Amazon was calling them "Funko Amazon SDCC Exclusive" or some such- implying only they will be selling them outside of SDCC ? That seems unlikely, doesn't it?

It does seem odd, but hey, money does strange things to companies.

On the upside, if they are exclusive post-con to one store, it does mean that the remaining stock won't be spread all over, and they might last a bit longer making ordering easier.

Offline RainbowAlicorn999

• Rockin Beat Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 21, 2013, 03:15:13 PM »
Will Funko be selling them at Ponycon?

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 21, 2013, 07:05:27 PM »
Will Funko be selling them at Ponycon?

Since they're San Diego Comic Con exclusives, I'd say no.

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 21, 2013, 07:48:14 PM »
Funko only has a booth at SDCC and at toy fair. They don't have a booth at any other event.

Funko is represented at a lot of shows. I know in the past there were a few Disney exclusives at the D23 conference but funko was not there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mori_LeStrange

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 21, 2013, 08:44:33 PM »
My :muffin: Pony came today! What a great surprise after getting home form a long day at work.

Offline BerylBreeze

• Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 21, 2013, 08:59:26 PM »
My ponies came sooner than expected, I used the super saver shipping and the estimate said they'd arrive on the 25th!
They're very pretty and having them almost makes me want to get the Fluttershy and Whooves to match.
The surface glitter on their hair doesn't seem to be sealed well, each time I handle them I get more glitter on my hands! And they reek of plastic fumes (when loose), but that should go away eventually.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 22, 2013, 04:20:31 AM »
Funko only has a booth at SDCC and at toy fair. They don't have a booth at any other event.

Funko is represented at a lot of shows. I know in the past there were a few Disney exclusives at the D23 conference but funko was not there.

Funko are actually going to be attending the MLP Fair this year with a vendor presence. :)

But as others have said I doubt these will be there as the Fair is before SDCC so timing would be out and it looks as though they have an agreement with Amazon to sell stock anyway. There wont be any stock left at SDCC even if they had all 1008 and the same with Amazon - so I doubt there will be any heading to the Fair even if the Fair was after SDCC.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 22, 2013, 08:57:51 AM »
My two RD's arrived today! ^_^ I'm so happy, this is the first time in a looong time I didn't miss out on something. They are truly cute! Although... I really don't understand why both Hasbro and Funko are so insistent on gluing freakin' glitter all over their toys... It's not like they couldn't figure out how to incorporate glitter into the plastic. We had the technology for sparkle ponies that don't flake off in your hands in the 80's!!! How did we regress to gluing on glitter 30 years later??

(But I won't complain too much, this is rare luck for me! This almost makes up for missing out on all the special promo MLP Trading Cards that were up on a 1-day sale earlier this month! ;_; )

Post Merge: June 22, 2013, 08:59:01 AM

When I explained my excitement to my dad, and I told him these were rare pieces and they only made 1008, he asked which number mine was. lol, I WISH Funko had put the numbers on the sticker!
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline LeighAnnApanites

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • "...there is too much, let me sum up."
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 22, 2013, 09:14:48 AM »
 :( I hesitated and I missed. I hope I can grab RD after SDCC. I'm loving everyone's pics, though!

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 22, 2013, 12:23:03 PM »
I got Bubbles today, but she has tons of glue all over her. Normally glue wouldn't be a big deal, but since she's shiny and translucent, the glue really stands out. I realize there's probably nothing that can be done with the glue that's all over her right eye, but there's a huge streak on her forehead leading to her eye, a bunch that appears to have dripped from her mane on the NDS and a bunch on her neck and legs, especially the hind legs. I'm guessing acetone wouldn't be safe to use on her, so does anyone know anything that will remove the glue without melting the vinyl?

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #387 on: June 22, 2013, 12:25:10 PM »
D'aw! Still jealous! :P

Perhaps you can contact Funko about it? They might make good on the glue problem.

Offline Kitzka

• View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 22, 2013, 12:26:53 PM »
I got Bubbles today, but she has tons of glue all over her. Normally glue wouldn't be a big deal, but since she's shiny and translucent, the glue really stands out. I realize there's probably nothing that can be done with the glue that's all over her right eye, but there's a huge streak on her forehead leading to her eye, a bunch that appears to have dripped from her mane on the NDS and a bunch on her neck and legs, especially the hind legs. I'm guessing acetone wouldn't be safe to use on her, so does anyone know anything that will remove the glue without melting the vinyl?

Hmm can you post a pic?

Offline ShortyBoo

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 22, 2013, 01:09:00 PM »

Hmm can you post a pic?

I'm not sure if it will show up too well, especially since it's quite overcast/rainy today, so I don't have much natural light but I'll try.

EDIT: Ok, as I figured it was tricky to get it to show on camera, but I was able to get pics of the worst glue.

The second photo was with the flash, and there you can see the glue on the eye itself better, but the other pic shows the glue between the eyes and on her cheek a bit better.

This one, the glue is pooled below the hair and almost reaches the eye. It's kind of hard to see.

The glue on the hind legs (it's on both legs, at slightly different spots) was tricky to photograph. In every pic I took of it, with or without flash, it just looked like a blurry spot in the photo. That's pretty much how it looks in person. It's like a cloudy spot on the vinyl where you can't clearly see the glitter and it doesn't have the same gloss as the spots without glue.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 01:41:23 PM by ShortyBoo »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal