collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko SDCC Rainbow Dash on Amazon? and Bubbles! *POOF* Gone!  (Read 24962 times)

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Funko SDCC Rainbow Dash on Amazon? and Bubbles! *POOF* Gone!
« Reply #315 on: June 20, 2013, 09:42:24 AM »
I know folks who missed out on this were disappointed but i think that Amazon will be able to put the these back up during SDCC.

That really depends. We don't know how many sold. We know there's 1008 of each, but I'm guessing that Amazon was supposed to just sell any leftovers that didn't sell at SDCC on their site afterward, similar to how Hasbro sells the SDCC pony on their site after SDCC. Either that, or they were planning to split them between the site and SDCC. Say they decided to split them and sell 504 of each on their site and the other 504 at the con. Well, if they sold like 300 of each of them because of the mistake, then that would only leave around 200 of each, which means they'll be even more limited after and will likely sell out quickly. And if they were only planning on selling the leftovers, then there likely won't be any left. I could see them easily selling all 1008 of each figure at SDCC, no problem. With how big that event is, and with all the dealers and scalpers that will be there, they'll sell out. Either way, I'm sure this mistake doesn't make Amazon or Funko very happy.

Offline mercynova

• NSS Buttons
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 20, 2013, 09:46:27 AM »
Hmm... I wonder if there actually are only 1008 of each...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ShortyBoo

• Trade Count: (+212)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 20, 2013, 09:50:37 AM »

I don't think they're allowed to lie about the numbers of limited collector's items. If they did, it would really ruin the value of them. Not specifically these ponies, but in general with all collectibles, I mean. It would be pretty unethical to put on a box that there's only x amount of a collectible, when in fact there were more than that made.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 20, 2013, 09:53:32 AM »
I'm really sad I missed out.  Trying to think of something I could offer as a trade to someone who got extras...hmmmm.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 20, 2013, 10:02:14 AM »

I don't think they're allowed to lie about the numbers of limited collector's items. If they did, it would really ruin the value of them. Not specifically these ponies, but in general with all collectibles, I mean. It would be pretty unethical to put on a box that there's only x amount of a collectible, when in fact there were more than that made.

Yeah- I can't see that happening.  The Toy companies make limited runs of an exclusive for a reason-  they WANT the items to be limited and highly sought after- it generates excitement over their line, and boosts sales for other stuff.   If they secretly made 50,000 (say) of an exclusive instead of 500-1000 (a typical "exclusive" size run)- they wouldn't be as hard to get or exciting to collectors. 

I am curious of course what a typical "run" is for a FUnko line-  ie, how many crystal Fluttershy ponies are there, exactly?  But I'm guessing based on the staggered releases- that Funko can print more up as quantities become low- or as they expand their market from Hot Topic to world-wide retailers.   Unlike certain collectible dolls- they have no obligation to limit production to a certain quantity.

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 20, 2013, 11:29:05 AM »
I have collected funko for nearly 2 years now. Peanuts compared to some other collectors but based on what i have witnessed in years pact, funko does not bring it's entire stock of limited SDCC to SDCC. Some funko fans do a funko pre-buy where they buy everything that funko offers at SDCC. The items are shipped to them after SDCC.

additionally, last year gemini recieved some stock and i am guessing this year gemini will get some stock as well as amazon.

Plus some of the funko collectors who have done the pre-buy won't be collecting everything.

Additionally, I got a shipping confirmation for RD!! I did the free shipping option and RD should be at my house on monday. Can't wait!

Also, in terms of the production pieces and the other clear ponies, I don't think we will know what the numbers are. Since they produce 1 clear/glittery pony for every 24 regular ones, it all depends on how many Fluttershy or Dr. WHooves the may total. Hot topic has a 6 month exclusivity but then the ponies and the chase pieces could be available to any retailers. RD and Drama pony will be the most rare since they are SDCC exclusives.

For some of the other funko figures, the batman metallic figure is the most common since there are so many more of him produced. We just don't know the whole production run.

Additionally, someone mentioned drama's tail and mane not being clear. I don't think they painted the mane and tail. I think they probably decided to use the existing tail and mane and just added sparkle. was probably cheaper since they needed those for the production pieces. Not sure why RD is clear with painted rather than the non clear tail and mane of the production piece.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 11:40:42 AM by Kitzka »

Offline xkappax

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Kappacino Creations
« Reply #321 on: June 20, 2013, 12:54:50 PM »
I fail as a collector. I completely missed out on this. :/

thekozmicpig

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #322 on: June 20, 2013, 01:39:54 PM »
I think my order may have gotten split up because instead of showing "Sold by Amazon.com LLC" like Bubbles does, Rainbow Dash actually says "Sold by Warehouse Deals, Inc" because I opted for the cheaper one with a slightly damaged box. I'm actually kind of hopeful that she will eventually ship. I imagine since there were only a few (2 when I ordered) that were sold like that, that they probably were not in the same warehouse that Bubbles was in. I'm guessing that could have been the holdup for my order. They were probably trying to figure out a way to ship them together (to save them money) but in the end, it couldn't be done so they're going out separately. At least I hope so.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm almost positive Warehouse Deals and Amazon are the same entity. I just think Amazon likes to use that for used or damaged items that they sell, as they usually come in Amazon boxes.

They could be a second party, but they must be like super close to Amazon, like how Alpina is to BMW. BMW doesn't own them, but they are so close that you could buy one at a BMW dealer.

As far as the amount sold, I would imagine (or like to hope) that Funko wasn't stupid enough to give Amazon all the ponies at first, take them to SDCC, and take them back to Amazon. It seems really convoluted. Most likely they gave some to Amazon to sell after the con, though what ratio they used to split is probably never going to come out.

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #323 on: June 20, 2013, 01:44:51 PM »
mine still stuck on "shipping now" arghhhhhhhhhh!!!  LOL
the delivery date is the same though, from monday to friday next week
but the charges on the CC are still pending :(  ................crossing hooves and eating apples LOL!!
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline Sunshine

• Glub Glub Fishy Pony
  • Trade Count: (+312)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • Call me Sunny! :)
    • View Profile
    • SQPonies eCrater Store
« Reply #324 on: June 20, 2013, 01:45:51 PM »
Aww. Way too late on this... :(
Visit my MLP Store for Ponies of all Generations! For Sale or Trade!

My Want List
Formerly Known As: SunshinePony

Offline Flitter

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 20, 2013, 02:00:00 PM »
Rainbow Dash arrived today   :)

She reflects light well, so pretty.   :glitter:
Bubbles should arrive in another day or 2.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 20, 2013, 02:03:36 PM »
I got my RD's-  the other one is coming today...

They're so pretty!

Hey if anyone is looking for Crystal/sparkly Fluttershy (or Dr. Whooves) Gemini has them both for $49.99- which I think is a very good price (unless you'd prefer to call Hot Topic stores endlessly hoping they might be opening a new case that day, lol) . http://www.geminicollectibles.net/servlet/the-3446/FUNKO-FLUTTERSHY-VARIANT-MY/Detail

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 20, 2013, 02:10:26 PM »
It seems to be gone.  I was going to get one.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 20, 2013, 02:11:44 PM »
Wow- that was fast!

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 20, 2013, 02:12:29 PM »
yup! 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal