collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: ~  (Read 2786 times)

Tirac

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Naming the "mystery pony" from Rescue at Midnight Castle
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2013, 02:29:30 PM »
I'm loving Skybow, that's an adorable name  ^.^ Methinks it suits her perfectly.
I know, right!? It's a sweet and perfect name.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2013, 02:43:40 PM »
I think most of the "rainbow" names all sound alike (although Skybow and Sunbow would be favorites), which is why I prefer Mystery Pony.  I like that she has no name.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline invaderhorizongreen

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2013, 03:51:55 PM »
how about rainbow sugar with hair like that and such a sweet looking pony.

Offline shabbychicdee

• Trade Count: (+85)
  • MOC Mimic
  • professional thrifter and treasure hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2013, 05:42:16 PM »
Hey cool, she should have a pretty name. :) Hmm, something to do with rainbows..

Rainbow Dash :P the 1st :lol:

Rainbow Ribbons
that would be a sweet name for her, she deserves one, i can't remember does she talk? she might be in the credits :D

seeking retro MLP and Care Bear tin lunch boxes
wanted list
for trade

Offline sweetiebabyfizzy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I'm a My Little Pony Mommy, with a pony family...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2013, 05:48:50 PM »
There is a member on here and the MLPTP who goes by the name Far Dreamer. Her persona is the mystery pony from the show.  :) I vote for Far Dreamer as the name.

Tirac

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2013, 06:13:13 PM »
Hey cool, she should have a pretty name. :) Hmm, something to do with rainbows..

Rainbow Dash :P the 1st :lol:

Rainbow Ribbons
that would be a sweet name for her, she deserves one, i can't remember does she talk? she might be in the credits :D
Lol Yeah.

Hmmmm, that sounds cute too.

The credits didn't list character names.

phoenixsoul85

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2013, 06:16:44 PM »
I love that people are talking about this.  This pony was one of my favorites as a child.  I remember begging my parents to find her in the stores.

I think that if we vote we need to look at qualifications for G1 names during what would have been her release.  Look at all of the other ponies from the movie and find a commonality.  FarDreamer would be similar to MoonDancer and is a nice name but what does it have to do with her symbol or general look?  Unless we take the "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" approach, which I wouldn't be completely against. MistyRainbow is a nice name but I don't think it fits in with the other ponies from that time.  Skybow and Sunbow are more on track and very cute. 

I also find it really interesting that she is the only pony to have the hairstyle she had.  I don't think that we can mold that into part of a name but I could be wrong.

I look forward to hearing more great ideas!!!

Tirac

« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2013, 06:22:35 PM »
I love that people are talking about this.  This pony was one of my favorites as a child.  I remember begging my parents to find her in the stores.

I think that if we vote we need to look at qualifications for G1 names during what would have been her release.  Look at all of the other ponies from the movie and find a commonality.  FarDreamer would be similar to MoonDancer and is a nice name but what does it have to do with her symbol or general look?  Unless we take the "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" approach, which I wouldn't be completely against. MistyRainbow is a nice name but I don't think it fits in with the other ponies from that time.  Skybow and Sunbow are more on track and very cute. 

I also find it really interesting that she is the only pony to have the hairstyle she had.  I don't think that we can mold that into part of a name but I could be wrong.

I look forward to hearing more great ideas!!!
Yeah, Sunbow and Skybow sound like the closest fits which is why they're currently my favorites.

I actually have the email address of one of the storyboarders. Maybe if I asked him he can shed some light on her.

Offline FarDreamer

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • The "Mystery" Pony from Firefly's Adventure!
    • View Profile
    • The My Little Pony Preservation Project
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2013, 06:52:48 PM »
Lol,

I've been calling her FarDreamer since the 90's and have been using her as a persona since those were invented.  It's only recently that I got a decent siggy and avatar pic.  You can thank the cartoons being released on DVD and MustBeJewel for that.

http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/fardreamer.html

I started using her back when everyone picked "real" ponies and pony names.  I wanted to be a "real" pony, but not one that anyone else was using.  I was even a member of the MLP name registry back when it existed.

I don't use the boards near as much as other members, and almost exclusively use the coral, so I'm flattered that folks know who I am!

;)

p.s.  As I think about it I guess it would bother me if people started calling her something else.  But I don't "own" her, lol.

p.p.s.  Actually the more I think about it the more I think it would bother me.   :blush:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:05:30 PM by FarDreamer »

:heart:  www.MLPpreservationproject.com  :heart:
A comprehensive resource for information on the restoration
of ponies, accessories, and playsets from all generations!

Offline heftysmurf76

• Big Brother Pony
  • Trade Count: (+100)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2013, 07:52:12 PM »
I think if someone has had a name and used it online for her for over 14 years, that qualifies as "fanon" . Heck some of the Bronies weren't even alive as long as FarDreamer has had her name and been using it based on that pony.

No offense Tirac, but I don't think its fair to arbitrarily name (or in this case re-name) someones actual persona. Granted FarDreamer based it off of a hasbro design, but she's been using it for years.

There are plenty of names that don't necessarily have anything to do with the pony's symbol, so there's that too...

Just my .02 :D

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2013, 07:56:58 PM »
If we have to give her a name, FarDreamer is the best, most often and longest used, and is the sweetest sounding name.  All the rainbow names are too generic. 

Of course we all have opinions.  But I'm on the FarDreamer or no name at all boat. 

That in mind, if someone else started using this pony as a persona with a different name I don't think FarDreamer could get mad about it.  Lots of people might use Sugarberry as a persona so the same could be for any of the Hasbro ponies.  Unless it is a custom design, no pony is owned by only one person.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 08:00:23 PM by Marigold »

phoenixsoul85

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2013, 08:00:02 PM »
Lol,

I've been calling her FarDreamer since the 90's and have been using her as a persona since those were invented.  It's only recently that I got a decent siggy and avatar pic.  You can thank the cartoons being released on DVD and MustBeJewel for that.

http://www.mlppreservationproject.com/fardreamer.html

I started using her back when everyone picked "real" ponies and pony names.  I wanted to be a "real" pony, but not one that anyone else was using.  I was even a member of the MLP name registry back when it existed.

I don't use the boards near as much as other members, and almost exclusively use the coral, so I'm flattered that folks know who I am!

;)

p.s.  As I think about it I guess it would bother me if people started calling her something else.  But I don't "own" her, lol.

p.p.s.  Actually the more I think about it the more I think it would bother me.   :blush:

I love your page.  I have come across it several times during various searches and have always loved your avatar.  I think it would be awesome if we could get this pony a name.  FarDreamer was one of the ones I really liked.  Now knowing your history with her, it makes the connection more special.

Tirac

« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2013, 08:09:22 PM »
I think if someone has had a name and used it online for her for over 14 years, that qualifies as "fanon" . Heck some of the Bronies weren't even alive as long as FarDreamer has had her name and been using it based on that pony.

No offense Tirac, but I don't think its fair to arbitrarily name (or in this case re-name) someones actual persona. Granted FarDreamer based it off of a hasbro design, but she's been using it for years.

There are plenty of names that don't necessarily have anything to do with the pony's symbol, so there's that too...

Just my .02 :D
She's not really a persona though, just used as one.
It's also not really fair to choose a name for a canon character by yourself either but I digress.

Personally, I don't care about what everyone else calls her. I was just looking into the various names in the hopes I could find one I found fitting/appealing.

I had the "official fanon" Idea as an afterthought.

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2013, 12:06:06 AM »
Hahah, so many cute names.  :)
I think i like Mystery best and will be naming the pony Mystery (for myself), since i think rainbows are mysterious and magical.

I do like Skybow and FarDreamer.
There would be so many names to choose from. I still think this thread is a fun idea, everyone can name the pony how they want and at the same time have a 'real name' for the pony.  ^.^ i dont mind either what others call her.

Thank you valerie :heart:

Offline mul-ta

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Actually a Furbob
    • View Profile
    • garden
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2013, 12:55:01 AM »
I second or third that FarDreamer doesn't own this pony. Everyone has the right to think up a name that pleases them, which shouldn't upset anyone.

Interesting to learn that she has a name that seems to have stuck to some degree, though. I'm a regular visitor of mlppreservationproject.com, but don't remember paying much attention to the FarDreamer page before. :blush:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal